Footballers and vaccines

SUPPORT THE SITE!
January Goal: £100.00
Donations so far: £40.00

joethehibby

Well-Known Radge
Reaction score
EFL are saying 25% of footballers are refusing to be vaccinated
Overpaid and you can now add selfish to their description .
Man utd v brighton added to the list of games postponed due to covid
Feck the fans eh 😡

Doc Shrink

Curmudgeon Radge
Reaction score
My hunch is that at least that percentage would apply to SPL clubs also.

Footballers aren’t always the brightest, and I suspect you’re (unusually 😀) correct in believing many to also be selfish.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
Reaction score
You're a footballer earning (in the EPL) upwards of £10K a week, here's an experimental drug, for a virus that virtually certainly won't cause you long term damage and a high chance that you won't even notice if you catch it.

These footballers have spent lifetimes getting to peak fitness, I can understand that they might weigh up the situation and make a judgement that the vaccine isn't for them.

However, I think it's clear that not all footballers think like that - there is a different mentality in the young and I'd guess if you look at the vaccination rates for 20 somethings, the footballer numbers might not actually be that out of sync.

hibadelic

Radge-a-Casblanca
Reaction score
You're a footballer earning (in the EPL) upwards of £10K a week, here's an experimental drug, for a virus that virtually certainly won't cause you long term damage and a high chance that you won't even notice if you catch it.

These footballers have spent lifetimes getting to peak fitness, I can understand that they might weigh up the situation and make a judgement that the vaccine isn't for them.

However, I think it's clear that not all footballers think like that - there is a different mentality in the young and I'd guess if you look at the vaccination rates for 20 somethings, the footballer numbers might not actually be that out of sync.

Not sure you can accurately describe them as 'experimental' vaccines.

Might be right about the rates reflecting general population though:

Screenshot_20211216-173616.jpg

joethehibby

Well-Known Radge
Reaction score

Is it still experimental though 🤷‍♂️
The fact that you can have it without knowing and could possibly pass it on to someone who could then find themselves in ICU or worse makes them selfish in my eyes 😡

Jack

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Reaction score
I can't remember playing in the EPL. Maybe heidin aw they fillies.

sockyboy

Just A Radge
Reaction score
Is it still experimental though 🤷‍♂️
The fact that you can have it without knowing and could possibly pass it on to someone who could then find themselves in ICU or worse makes them selfish in my eyes 😡
Unlikely players would have it and not know, given the amount of tests they do each week.

joethehibby

Well-Known Radge
Reaction score
Unlikely players would have it and not know, given the amount of tests they do each week.
Possibly , but lateral flow tests are reckoned not to be exactly accurate , hence the need for a pcr test
when you do get a +ve result 🤔 mibby they’re a shower of feardies who dinny like needles 🤷‍♂️ Or mibby just selfish . We could ask them but I doubt you’d get a genuine answer .
Or they mibby believe everything nikki minaj says 🤣

I need to cut back on the mibbies , thought I’d get that in before the doc does 😩🤣

Doc Shrink

Curmudgeon Radge
Reaction score
Possibly , but lateral flow tests are reckoned not to be exactly accurate , hence the need for a pcr test
when you do get a +ve result 🤔 mibby they’re a shower of feardies who dinny like needles 🤷‍♂️ Or mibby just selfish . We could ask them but I doubt you’d get a genuine answer .
Or they mibby believe everything nikki minaj says 🤣

I need to cut back on the mibbies , thought I’d get that in before the doc does 😩🤣

One of these days I'm going to fully understand one of your posts.

Then I'll know it's early onset dementia kicking in.

joethehibby

Well-Known Radge
Reaction score
One of these days I'm going to fully understand one of your posts.

Then I'll know it's early onset dementia kicking in.
a niki minaj is a well known rapper and anti vaccine numpty
b. You used to pick up on excessive use of commas or such
c I like to wind you up 🤣

I do the daily express crossword on occasion to keep dementia at bay 🤪

Hibees-Mad

Mad Hibees Radge
Reaction score

You can't know that B. Saying that the drug is experimental AND that it's virtually a certainty there is no long term damage is cherry picking opinion to suit a narrative.

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Reaction score
I was reading something recently about Matt Le Tissier, and he was saying that there is a feeling amongst many players in England that the recent heart problems experienced by several of the players there is directly related to the vaccines. This is why so many are refusing to get vaccinated. He wants it fully investigated.

joethehibby

Well-Known Radge
Reaction score
I was reading something recently about Matt Le Tissier, and he was saying that there is a feeling amongst many players in England that the recent heart problems experienced by several of the players there is directly related to the vaccines. This is why so many are refusing to get vaccinated. He wants it fully investigated.
These heart issues have been happening well before covid 🤷‍♂️

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here