First Time in boozer ever.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
I think it was the Jenny Lasswade, as anyone and everyone got served there.

I remember my mum and dad sometimes walking us there as bairns to use the concrete beer garden in good weather.

I was there the night it closed for good, 1990. It was a shame the owner had ran it into the ground from what I remember. My mate Russian Dougie was knocked back at the door. The place wasn't full but the owner was in a particularly belligerent mood and told Russian Dougie that it was because of people like him that only showed up when everywhere else was shutting that he was shutting down. Russian Dougie told him without blinking an eye that if he was going to take that attitude then he wouldn't be back.

Westside Green

Bounce Radge
The Cawburn, its still there all those years later.
Not that long ago, only 3 dozen years. That does make me feel old but not as bad as Ricky Salvona, I heard he still has nightmares about the wee burd that tried to fire into him.

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Bounce Radge
I think it was the Jenny Lasswade, as anyone and everyone got served there.

I remember my mum and dad sometimes walking us there as bairns to use the concrete beer garden in good weather.

I was there the night it closed for good, 1990. It was a shame the owner had ran it into the ground from what I remember. My mate Russian Dougie was knocked back at the door. The place wasn't full but the owner was in a particularly belligerent mood and told Russian Dougie that it was because of people like him that only showed up when everywhere else was shutting that he was shutting down. Russian Dougie told him without blinking an eye that if he was going to take that attitude then he wouldn't be back.
I remember my mates auld man worked for the owner, a Charlie Wooley, no sure if it was still his when it shut though.

NGP

A message to you, radge
Bounce Radge
1st pint was in the Cramond Inn, 15 years old. Me and a mate walked down from Muirhouse, knowing full well that the Gunner or Doocot would be full of people who knew our parents and we would get found out. (Also full of bams we were keen to avoid 😉)

When I was 16, I worked part time in Safeways at D'Mains and Thurs was pay day, finish the shift and straight into the Ye Olde Inn, mostly 16/17 year olds, all got served no problem. Few pints and a bag of chips from the Corbie, back in school the next morning.

Last edited:

GORDONSMITH7

**** The Hearts
Admin
1st pint was in the Cramond Inn, 15 years old. Me and a mate walked down from Muirhouse, knowing full well that the Gunner or Doocot would be full of people who knew our parents and we would get found out. (Also full of bams we were keen to avoid 😉)

When I was 16, I worked part time in Safeways at D'Mains and Thurs was pay day, finish the shift and straight into the Ye Olde Inn, mostly 16/17 year olds, all got served no problem. Few pints and a bag of chips from the Corbie, back in school the next morning.
Goodness knows what it is like now, however back in the 70s/80s it was one off the best Fish and Chip shops in Edinburgh.

BIG G

NGP

A message to you, radge
Bounce Radge
Goodness knows what it is like now, however back in the 70s/80s it was one off the best Fish and Chip shops in Edinburgh.

BIG G
Not been in the Corbie for years, I have heard it's not the best these days. It was the mid 80s I was a regular after Olde Inn pints.

broonieboy

On holiday Radge
Bounce Radge
Not been in the Corbie for years, I have heard it's not the best these days. It was the mid 80s I was a regular after Olde Inn pints.
Used to go to Mass on a Saturday night in Davidson’s Mains as a kid and get the Corbie after. Great chipper then. Apparently absolute dug shite now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NGP

barney

Atlanta Hibs Radge
Bounce Radge
Mine was the Cairn hotel just off London road.
Downstairs basement bar. Used to go after dropping off my weekly tote money for Edinburgh West at the Hibs club (where I couldnae get served).
Closely followed by the Rainbow in drum brae where I walked down during free periods at craigmount high 🤣

broonieboy

On holiday Radge
Bounce Radge
Mine was the Cairn hotel just off London road.
Downstairs basement bar. Used to go after dropping off my weekly tote money for Edinburgh West at the Hibs club (where I couldnae get served).
Closely followed by the Rainbow in drum brae where I walked down during free periods at craigmount high
The Rainbow was mental. I mind walking past one evening and there were punters and chairs flying out the doors!

Hibee Kev

Bounce Radge
Whistle Binkies after a gig at the venue (which we were also getting served at).

Or possibly the Stables Bar which was the regular underagers hangout for Gracie High pupils that fancied a wee libation!

Hibee Kev

Bounce Radge
The Rainbow was mental. I mind walking past one evening and there were punters and chairs flying out the doors!

Even when I stayed in corstorphine, rarely if ever went in the Rainbow. Even The Oak was tame in comparison. Sure there was a mass brawl and that was the final straw for the place.

barney

Atlanta Hibs Radge
Bounce Radge
Even when I stayed in corstorphine, rarely if ever went in the Rainbow. Even The Oak was tame in comparison. Sure there was a mass brawl and that was the final straw for the place.
I went for years
Never had any bother

Sir Shrink

Retired Radge
Bounce Radge
Gorgie Arms.
‘Stratties’ for some reason.

Used to be frequented by some Gunt dafties. Probably still is.
‘Big Bernie’ .... some boy.

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Bounce Radge

The auld Captains Cabin was a great watch when we were early teens at the weekend, bodies flying through the windaes often... the upstairs windaes. Watched a mass brawl in the field next door , the only other time I seen so many polis was in 2016 😂

GORDONSMITH7

**** The Hearts
Admin
Gorgie Arms.
‘Stratties’ for some reason.

Used to be frequented by some Gunt dafties. Probably still is.
‘Big Bernie’ .... some boy.
Big Bernie was / is a big smelly Hearts bastard, literally, who always had a dug with him. Fancied himself as a neo Nazi, white supremist, hard man. King Billy and KKK tattoos. Our paths crossed on more than one occasion. Hard man my arse.

BIG G

Westside Green

Bounce Radge
Big Bernie was / is a big smelly Hearts bastard, literally, who always had a dug with him. Fancied himself as a neo Nazi, white supremist, hard man. King Billy and KKK tattoos. Our paths crossed on more than one occasion. Hard man my arse.

BIG G
Did he like young hearts boys or was that just Larry Leydon?

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

Can you Help At All?
Goal
£107.00
Earned
£41.24
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

The Bounce is 19 Years Old