First Time in boozer ever.

Admin
I always imagined it was to do with being the gateway to a golden future at Meadowbank.

First pub I ever bought a pint at the bar was in Pumpherston then they found out we were all 16. Had a few sneaky pints hiding in the corner of busy pubs at away games before then.
Plenty Hibby's in Pumphy back in the day, some still good pals of mine to this day.

Two Headed Boy

Bounce Radge
Kanes in Thornton, Fife. I think it's a curry house these days.

They had a karaoke and cheap drinks night on a Thursday where the entire crowd was three tables of pensioners and half the 5th and 6th years in my high school. Listening to subpar renditions of My Way and Please Release Me all night wasn't an issue when the ID policy was slack and long vodkas were 70p.

Im still amazed at how scooped I could get and still be fine for School on a Friday.

GORDONSMITH7

**** The Hearts
Admin
Used tae go there on a Sunday ,circa 1973/4, wi ma mates big brother and all his Young Gille team mates. A few scary moments back then.
Aye a Sunday, because boozers were shut on a Sunday but so called 'hotel's were not. The Lugton Hotel, which was at the fit of Lugton Brae, was also a Sunday haunt. Didnae come from there but the two lads I was going to the Isle of Wight a few months later did. Friday and Saturday last bus hame was always eventful in Dalkeith bus station. All and sundry from, Bonnyrigg, Gorebridge, Nitten,and no doubt Gilmerton/Liberton getting back. Battles (skirmishes) guaranteed. This young man just watched with a glaikit smile on his face having had imbibed a few pints and muchos Afghan or Paki Black joints.
Eternally grateful to Messrs Ferguson and Auld introducing me to Taste (Rory Gallagher) 'On The Boards' just months before seeing them at the IOW. Duster Bennett, Kevin Ayers and Ivor Cutler too.

BIG G

dibo

Bounce Radge
My friend had just started working in a lawyers office at the West End and I met him now and again after school. This day we decided to go for a beer so I put my blazer in my school bag and we popped into the Rose Revived. As the older/taller one I went to the bar "2 glasses of beer please" "BOLT" said the barman to howls of laughter around the bar.

Having learned a lesson we went across the road to Ma Scott's and enjoyed a couple of pints of beer! This was a month before my 16th birthday.

We became regulars in the Rutland Hotel (now the Huxley). My pal got lifted for underage drinking while I was in the loo. One of the barmen came down to warm me and I escaped through another exit!

On his way to court, still underage, my pal only had a fiver and the maximum fine was Ā£20 so he nipped into the bookie and won the 20 quid needed! In the end he was fined Ā£1 so we went to the pub with the rest. The idiot that was with us got done for supplying, he got a Ā£5 fine :3:
šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ fucking classšŸ‘

GORDONSMITH7

**** The Hearts
Admin
Aye a Sunday, because boozers were shut on a Sunday but so called 'hotel's were not. The Lugton Hotel, which was at the fit of Lugton Brae, was also a Sunday haunt. Didnae come from there but the two lads I was going to the Isle of Wight a few months later did. Friday and Saturday last bus hame was always eventful in Dalkeith bus station. All and sundry from, Bonnyrigg, Gorebridge, Nitten,and no doubt Gilmerton/Liberton getting back. Battles (skirmishes) guaranteed. This young man just watched with a glaikit smile on his face having had imbibed a few pints and muchos Afghan or Paki Black joints.
Eternally grateful to Messrs Ferguson and Auld introducing me to Taste (Rory Gallagher) 'On The Boards' just months before seeing them at the IOW. Duster Bennett, Kevin Ayers and Ivor Cutler too.

BIG G
50 years or so on.....thanks lads, wherever you may be or what destiny handed you over the decades. Both of you were ahead of your time. I benefited.

BIG G

Last edited:

tricky

Bounce Radge
Either the Proms, Hamilton Lodge or Seahaven Hotel in Porty I think, all gone now, would be about 15 probably started going to Negociants and Bristo Bar aged 16/17

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Bounce Radge

BIG G
The Lugton was the other yin open. Was like the Trenchtown Arms. Got demolished a few years ago.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
My good friend is the licencee there. After the wave of closures in Bonnyrigg it was my "local" until I moved. Still pop in from time to time.

[The Harrow]

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

Can you Help At All?
Goal
Ā£107.00
Earned
Ā£30.00
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

The Bounce is 19 Years Old