First album bought

NGP

A message to you, radge
VIP Member
Not sure tbh, I had loads of cassettes I had taped from other people's albums.
I can remember buying Dance Craze, the live Ska album, that may have well have been the 1st record I purchased.

Last edited:

Daddy 'O' Hibee

The Hibee Radge
Legend
One of my all time favourite albums.
Saw them live when Rick Wakeman used to wear that mirrored cape....
Steve Howe an underated guitarist too.
Great taste, I was the odd job in my group of friends when younger, with Yes being my band. Never got the album Tales From Topographic Oceans until later in life, love it now, ,especially Ritual, I believe Big G saw that live, lucky sod, he mentioned he didn't quite grasp what was going on ha ha. Jon Anderson, Chris Squire, Alan White, Bill Bruford Rick Wakeman, Tony Kaye and a few other members through the years.. I enjoy Jon Anderson's work with Vangellis a lot also. Great old footage on You Tube from various concerts.

Zab

Admin
I was about 12/13 when I really started getting into music, so went into Woolworths with my Dad to spend the money I’d saved from my paper round.

I had enough to buy 3 albums: Blink-182’s Enema of the State, Dr. Dre’s 2001, and Appetite for Destruction by Guns N’ Roses.... pretty sure the old man cringed at all 3!

Sir Shrink

Retired Radge
Legend
First albums I bought were ‘samplers’ which introduced me to bands like Amon Dull 2.
First record I ever ‘bought’ was via Pepsi Cola and was a double single of The Tremeloes and Simon and Garfunkel.

barney

Atlanta Hibs Radge
VIP Member
My first album was Billion Dollar Babies by Alice Cooper. But I only bought it cos my big brother liked it. So pretty much I was conned into buying him an album.
My first for myself was David Live at the Tower Philadelphia. It’s still my favorite album of all time.

moathibby

VIP Member
Frampton Comes Alive was one of the biggest selling live albums of all time but nobody here seems to have had it.When punk came along I took my copy and melted it over a two bar fire broke it in bits,tore up the cover and threw the lot over Restalrig bridge. The second album I bought Songs In the Key of Life by Stevie Wonder I still have and still treasure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest Posts

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

Can you Help At All?
Goal
£107.00
Earned
£70.00
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage Visit Hibs Picks