• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Feck It I'm wearing my Ollie the Goalie Top

moathibby

Private Member
Reaction score
At least I think it's Ollie the Goalie. Might be a Leighton one. It's truely hideous but I'm not giving a feck any more .I think the designer had a set square and some green paint. Bears the legend that is 'Carlsberg'. If 'Carlsberg' did football tops' they'd disown this one. Complete with 'old style' badge. Mind you it's warm.

At least I think it's Ollie the Goalie. Might be a Leighton one. It's truely hideous but I'm not giving a feck any more .I think the designer had a set square and some green paint. Bears the legend that is 'Carlsberg'. If 'Carlsberg' did football tops' they'd disown this one. Complete with 'old style' badge. Mind you it's warm.

BIG G

Reactions: Dub

Jim Leighton had the green one.
Ollies was grey

This always reminds me of one of my favoutite football stories.?

Out and about up town one night with my mate Scott and we bump into some of the Hibs players on a night out. Scott is from Bingham and had went to school with the radge Hibs full back Willie Miller.

Willie and Scott are having a blether and we get introduced to some of the Hibs players including Ollie.

Scott isn't a big football fan and isn't good with names and says to Willie Miller 30 minutes later "What did you say the goalies name was again ❓

Willie replies its "Ollie Goatskeelin"
Nah its "Ollie Gillskillien"... Nah its Ollie Gattskiling".

Getting exasperated Willie Miller then says "Aww fck it mate we just call him "Ollie the useless goalie".

True story that and Ollie's name being mentioned always brings it back every time.?

Last edited:
I was at a game with a friend where Ollie was being Ollie.

"Who's your goalie?" friend says.

"Ollie Gottskalksson," I say.

"Where'd you get him?"

"He's from Iceland."

"Next time you'd be better going to Sainsbury."

Top probably worth a few quid, old Hibs shirts going for crazy money recently

Top probably worth a few quid, old Hibs shirts going for crazy money recently

Sure I've still got Leightons green one signed by him at my mums.

Sure I've still got Leightons green one signed by him at my mums.
What was he doing at your mums?

Signing his shirt obviously ?

Coming to the end of the week.Tomorrow I'll change it for my Red Makalamby.

Coming to the end of the week.Tomorrow I'll change it for my Red Makalamby.
The red goalie top was magnificent, unlike Maka’s goalkeeping skills.

My late best mate bought the full kit during the end of season sale and wore it proudly whilst being in goals for a veterans kick about. The top was like a 4xxl, not advisable in a 40mph on the cliff top pitch at Eyemouth!

I regularly think about my pal, and the image of him in that red kit usually comes to mind.

I think my top was an XL but unfortunately they were making their kits a bit on the small side that season.It's a bit tight now.

The red goalie top was magnificent, unlike Maka’s goalkeeping skills.

My late best mate bought the full kit during the end of season sale and wore it proudly whilst being in goals for a veterans kick about. The top was like a 4xxl, not advisable in a 40mph on the cliff top pitch at Eyemouth!

I regularly think about my pal, and the image of him in that red kit usually comes to mind.
Great kit. I still have the socks and shorts and use them when I'm running. Always wonder if people are confused by the red hibee running

Jim Leighton had the green one.
Ollies was grey
Other way round was it not. My mate had grey with Leighton and I had green for Ollie.

Attachments

• DABB79B8-7011-49F4-A4C0-E76CB01E14A3.jpeg
    DABB79B8-7011-49F4-A4C0-E76CB01E14A3.jpeg
    225.3 KB · Views: 12
That's the one I've got on.

Other way round was it not. My mate had grey with Leighton and I had green for Ollie.

Might be thinking of a different top to me? Not sure, but the pictured one is the one I was talking about.

Interestingk…… but shtoopid!

Great kit. I still have the socks and shorts and use them when I'm running. Always wonder if people are confused by the red hibee running
Good name for a film if ye fancy starring in it!

I'm thinking of a different kit. I had the green version of this

Attachments

• lafur-gottsklksson-55a1431f-e760-459a-a4f7-ff663053e02-resize-750.png
    lafur-gottsklksson-55a1431f-e760-459a-a4f7-ff663053e02-resize-750.png
    106.4 KB · Views: 7

This thread has been viewed 1680 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back