• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Faroes v Scotland

Don't get why Clarke had to change the team from Saturday (minus Adams)

Ffs get nissy on 🤷‍♂️

Look better now. Why didn't we start like this

How in fucks name does he get a game for Man United?

Haven't got a clue, I know a handful who follow them and they can't understand either.

Just their token Scottish player I think.

Ffs get nissy on 🤷‍♂️
Need tae get the ball in the box for Nissy tae make a difference.

Listening in on Sportsound sounds fairly dire so far.

Just can't see us scoring

It’s grim stuff. Has their keeper had a save?

Knew I shouldnae have put them on ma coupon.

Fraser is a lazy fat wee bastard, offers nothing. Dykes first touch is woeful.

It’s grim stuff. Has their keeper had a save?
One from Mctominay when he came in from the right, can't remember any others

Yessssssss

Dykes scores.

Great ball from Patterson who should have started.

Post-var unclench bum

Get fucking in, thought that was going to be ruled out for a second!

Blow the whistle , blow the whistle ref 🤣🤪

7 to go.

1-0.That'll do.

Billy gilmour played well

Dykes scores.
Some finish 🤪

Fuck me that was a slog for 85 mins, doesn't matter how you win in the end though. Dykes out for the Moldova game is a bit of a disaster

Clarke does some strange line ups. Really puzzling

76th minute 2footed sliding tackle out of control one foot well off the ground John McGinn luckily jumped out of the way throw in to them. Nothing. Porto will be shaking his head.

I really don’t see what Mctominay brings to the team 🤷‍♂️

76th minute 2footed sliding tackle out of control one foot well off the ground John McGinn luckily jumped out of the way throw in to them. Nothing. Porto will be shaking his head.
I thought the exact same. Not a word was said.

Thought the exact same

On the plus side , engerland could’ve won the group tnite

They didny 🤣🤣🤣

Three minutes after kevin comes on , Scotland score . Extra man in the box I reckon 🤪

First decent ball into the box , good future that laddie

Three minutes after kevin comes on , Scotland score . Extra man in the box I reckon 🤪
I would agree, wasn't Nissy's best appearance but it stretched Faroes enough

That was a horrendous watch. One upfront against the Faroes is horrific, Ryan Christie offered absolutely nothing. Glad we won but that was awful.

Lyndon Dykes is an absolute huddy but also the first player in 52 years to score in four consecutive games for Scotland. It's a funny old game indeed.

Reactions: Zab
He is a player, definitely. For some reason it sticks in my craw that if he had played 8 games or whatever for anyone else up here he'd be nowhere near the national side. In the same vein, if Porteous had 100 games for the huns he'd have 20 caps by now.

Still, glad we won!

He is a player, definitely. For some reason it sticks in my craw that if he had played 8 games or whatever for anyone else up here he'd be nowhere near the national side. In the same vein, if Porteous had 100 games for the huns he'd have 20 caps by now.

Still, glad we won!
And not a single red card.

Scotland do not have tha ability to break down teams who defend well ( apart from gilmour ) hence the painful watch . Let’s face it they have been lucky up to this point 🤷‍♂️
whether they will progress as one of 3 teams out of 12 in the playoffs ( if they make it )is a stretch IMO

It was always going to be a difficult match last night...all that mattered was winning it.
Denmark struggled against the Faroes away from home and only won 1-0 as well...Austria won 2-0.
Only a few days after the massive high of beating Israel in the last minute at a packed Hampden, it was always going to be a slog in the Faroes, especially on their artificial pitch.

Scotland's problems are the same as they have been for a number of years now, but we have definitely improved as a team. However, still no reliable goalscorer at international level, and a chronic lack of top class central defenders. Can't understand why Cooper of Leeds United, a player playing regularly in the English Premiership hardly ever starts for Scotland. Lyndon Dykes is probably the best striker we have, although I accept he is no world beater. At least he is willing to attack the ball in the box when it comes over. We started to make chances last night when we started attacking them on the flanks with pace. It's pace and width that breaks down teams with packed defences. As Eddie Turnbull used to say...."how do you open a tin of sardines...from the outside".

Ryan Christie is a complete waste of a jersey playing upfront. Steve Clarke got away with that last night, utterly dire tactics and left his changes to far too late in the game.

Lyndon Dykes is an absolute huddy but also the first player in 52 years to score in four consecutive games for Scotland. It's a funny old game indeed.

He scores in unusual places.

Don't put him up in your house would be my advice.
:coffee1:

He isn't very skilled but he uses his body well and has a knack for getting into the right places at the right time. He's a Doidge. He'll do well down south I can see him becoming a Troy Deeney type who hangs about Prem/Champ yo-yo clubs scoring 10 tap-ins a season forever.

The Faroes held Denmark to a late 0-1 win too, so I'm not too miffed about last night. Points were what mattered.

This thread has been viewed 2931 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back