• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Faroes v Scotland

Greenmachine

Private Member
Reaction score
After a great win on Saturday, please don't slip up tonight Scotland.

As Clarke says, the Faroes are an improving team, but Scotland should and must win this game.

Would like to see Kevin Nisbet start, but I suspect he will go with Ryan Fraser to support Dykes up front.
Hopefully Kevin will get on at some point though.

I agree but think its crap, one up front when Nissy is at his best beside a target man. Quite nervous after Saturday I have to admit.

All indications lead to Nisbet starting imo. Gonna be another nervy one though.

All indications lead to Nisbet starting imo. Gonna be another nervy one though.

Just as likely to be Christie imo.
We should play with 2, but Clarke hasn't shown Nisbet much favour.

Theres about 50,000 people from the faroes.

There should be no issues, and if there is, theres something far wrong!

I would go with Fraser beside Dykes too. Not sure what form Fraser is in, but Ive seen enough of Nisbet this season not to play him. I suspect most wouldnt have him in the team if he wasnt our player.

If only we had a player like Boyle to partner Dykes ...

Ttue. Clarke is more negative than I'm trying to give him credit for.

If only we had a player like Boyle to partner Dykes ...

I dont like Boyle up front. Not sure how Shankland has been doing since he went away, but he can score goals.
On your other post, I'd still have Nisbet in the team, he's clearly missing his big partner up front and the last time he played for Scotland I thought he was very good, created at least 3 really good chances. Alongside Dykes he'd do a job imo.

Theres about 50,000 people from the faroes.

There should be no issues, and if there is, theres something far wrong!

I think we'll be fine, Robertson and Paterson will see us get up the pitch. We should be on the front foot all game, just need to put the chances away.

Nisbet is a striker, he should be starting if Scotland are going with a front two. Christie and Fraser don’t have the same instincts of where to stand and be in the box the way an actual striker does. We’ll have plenty of the ball so to ma makes sense to have strikers on the park.

I dont like Boyle up front. Not sure how Shankland has been doing since he went away, but he can score goals.
On your other post, I'd still have Nisbet in the team, he's clearly missing his big partner up front and the last time he played for Scotland I thought he was very good, created at least 3 really good chances. Alongside Dykes he'd do a job imo.

Boyle has scored 150% more times than Nisbet this season (granted there are pens amongst that, but at least he scores them!) and that would be more than enough reason for me to play him if he hadnt been lost to Australia. Not only that his involvement in games and attitude is a million times that of Nisbet. Having said that I hope you are right and the reason that Nisbet isnt scoring is because he needs a Doidge to play beside, and if he gets the call he has a blinder bedside Dykes tonight. And that his form improves with us once the Welshman is back.

Boyle has scored 150% more times than Nisbet this season (granted there are pens amongst that, but at least he scores them!) and that would be more than enough reason for me to play him if he hadnt been lost to Australia. Not only that his involvement in games and attitude is a million times that of Nisbet. Having said that I hope you are right and the reason that Nisbet isnt scoring is because he needs a Doidge to play beside, and if he gets the call he has a blinder bedside Dykes tonight. And that his form improves with us once the Welshman is back.

They have virtually identical shots per goal ratios though. Which suggests the chances aren't being created for Nisbet. If you include those penalties then Nisbet scores more.

Won't argue with the differing levels of application, although Boyle does have a habit of disappearing in the big games.
I would argue Nisbet sounds half his time dropping too deep to pick up the ball, although no assists this term points to him not creating either.

He needs a Doidge, I like Nisbet, I think he's getting a hard time, but he played well against Hunco and of the game didn't change 30 mind in, he'd have kept it up, all the signs pointed towards it.

This is the wrong thread for it though, Boyle isn't eligible. Thanks to McLeish.
Work with what we've got, and Nisbet is the best finisher out of all of them. He should be playing, especially tonight with Adams missing.

When he was subbed in that game , I thought nisbet was playing better than dykes and should have been dykes coming off 🤷‍♂️

I know we are comparing Apples with Pears, but I would have Dykes every time before Nisbet, I just dont see what everyone else sees with him - and that is why Id have Fraser, Christie, whoever before him. I wish we had more options at Hibs too. It goes without saying that I hope he does really well whenever he does put on a green or blue shirt though, and as with everyone else I cheer him on.

I know we are comparing Apples with Pears, but I would have Dykes every time before Nisbet, I just dont see what everyone else sees with him - and that is why Id have Fraser, Christie, whoever before him. I wish we had more options at Hibs too. It goes without saying that I hope he does really well whenever he does put on a green or blue shirt though, and as with everyone else I cheer him on.
I’m the opposite , I seriously dont see what clarke sees in Dykes . Bit like when it took him an age to see that mcburnie wasn’t good enough 🤷‍♂️

I’m the opposite , I seriously dont see what clarke sees in Dykes . Bit like when it took him an age to see that mcburnie wasn’t good enough 🤷‍♂️
I know! I realise that loads of people dont like Dykes and that I am in the minority. Its ok Im used to it.
Our resurgence has coincided with Dykes being in the team. He brings a drive that is otherwise missing, that Ollie never had in a million years, as he was just pish.

I thought that Dykes had his worst game for Scotland on Saturday, but then that goal... fantastic, pure determination to get there.

But then I like Doidge too and realise that he isnt everones favourite. Maybe I just like that type of striker when the position is played well?

Whoever is playing upfront tonight will have me shouting for them from my sofa!

I'd play them both. Why play with just 1 up top?

Fraser starts.

Gordon, Robertson McTominay Hanley Tierney McGinn Dykes Christie Hendry Gilmour Fraser.

Boring.

Not sure about Fraser getting a start like

Gordon, Robertson McTominay Hanley Tierney McGinn Dykes Christie Hendry Gilmour Fraser.
Odd team, no Nisbet. Bizarre starting with less strikers against the Faroes than Israel 🤔

Odd team, no Nisbet. Bizarre starting with less strikers against the Faroes than Israel 🤔

Hopefully McTominay is playing in midfield.
Playing 5 at the back against them would be a joke.
Attacking wing backs or not, more players in forward positions should be the way to go.

Armchair manager n that, but c'mon eh 😫

I don’t think Nisbett merits a start tbf. He has been very average.
I don’t get the huge negativity over Dykes, he is the best we have IMO . I think we should trust Clarke, he has earned it.
2 nil Scotland , and that’s more than enough.
Nissy to come on and score though, another million cachiiiinnnnng 😜

A strange set up if Mctominay is RB, SO’D is in the bench🤷‍♂️

Hmmm!

Has Ann Budge sold the Faroes her gless curtain?? 😱

SJM playing well, played in Dykes + McTominay a few times who’ve made a dugs dinner of it

Jesus christ what the fuck are we playing at, great save Gordon

Some save fae Spotty

They’re gonni take one of they chances.

Mctominey has been gash for half an hour , then bosses to take the free kick 😩

Only a matter of time for the Faraway islands? 🙈

This is torture

Sare watch.

I'm really enjoyin' this battle between two far too fukkin well-matched sides.

Hopefully they will soon hear the gentle call of the herring and tire themselves the fuk out.

Tell ye what, if Dykes, Fraser and Christie are the answer, fuck knows what the question is?

Mctominey has been gash for half an hour , then bosses to take the free kick 😩
Yup - and did anyone in the world not know where the shot was going?

Hes had a pish half, probably our worst player, Id take him off, but thats what I was thinking at HT on Saturday

Fuck we can be boring as fuck to watch. Playing like we’ve already finished 2nd

Hopefully McTominay is playing in midfield.
How in fucks name does he get a game for Man United?

This thread has been viewed 2932 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back