Faroes v Scotland

SUPPORT THE SITE!
November Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £30.00

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
After a great win on Saturday, please don't slip up tonight Scotland.

As Clarke says, the Faroes are an improving team, but Scotland should and must win this game.

Would like to see Kevin Nisbet start, but I suspect he will go with Ryan Fraser to support Dykes up front.
Hopefully Kevin will get on at some point though.

Plasticman

Well-Known Radge
I would go with Fraser beside Dykes too. Not sure what form Fraser is in, but Ive seen enough of Nisbet this season not to play him. I suspect most wouldnt have him in the team if he wasnt our player.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
If only we had a player like Boyle to partner Dykes ...

I dont like Boyle up front. Not sure how Shankland has been doing since he went away, but he can score goals.
On your other post, I'd still have Nisbet in the team, he's clearly missing his big partner up front and the last time he played for Scotland I thought he was very good, created at least 3 really good chances. Alongside Dykes he'd do a job imo.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Theres about 50,000 people from the faroes.

There should be no issues, and if there is, theres something far wrong!

I think we'll be fine, Robertson and Paterson will see us get up the pitch. We should be on the front foot all game, just need to put the chances away.

Zab

Admin
Nisbet is a striker, he should be starting if Scotland are going with a front two. Christie and Fraser don’t have the same instincts of where to stand and be in the box the way an actual striker does. We’ll have plenty of the ball so to ma makes sense to have strikers on the park.

Plasticman

Well-Known Radge
I dont like Boyle up front. Not sure how Shankland has been doing since he went away, but he can score goals.
On your other post, I'd still have Nisbet in the team, he's clearly missing his big partner up front and the last time he played for Scotland I thought he was very good, created at least 3 really good chances. Alongside Dykes he'd do a job imo.

Boyle has scored 150% more times than Nisbet this season (granted there are pens amongst that, but at least he scores them!) and that would be more than enough reason for me to play him if he hadnt been lost to Australia. Not only that his involvement in games and attitude is a million times that of Nisbet. Having said that I hope you are right and the reason that Nisbet isnt scoring is because he needs a Doidge to play beside, and if he gets the call he has a blinder bedside Dykes tonight. And that his form improves with us once the Welshman is back.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Boyle has scored 150% more times than Nisbet this season (granted there are pens amongst that, but at least he scores them!) and that would be more than enough reason for me to play him if he hadnt been lost to Australia. Not only that his involvement in games and attitude is a million times that of Nisbet. Having said that I hope you are right and the reason that Nisbet isnt scoring is because he needs a Doidge to play beside, and if he gets the call he has a blinder bedside Dykes tonight. And that his form improves with us once the Welshman is back.

They have virtually identical shots per goal ratios though. Which suggests the chances aren't being created for Nisbet. If you include those penalties then Nisbet scores more.

Won't argue with the differing levels of application, although Boyle does have a habit of disappearing in the big games.
I would argue Nisbet sounds half his time dropping too deep to pick up the ball, although no assists this term points to him not creating either.

He needs a Doidge, I like Nisbet, I think he's getting a hard time, but he played well against Hunco and of the game didn't change 30 mind in, he'd have kept it up, all the signs pointed towards it.

This is the wrong thread for it though, Boyle isn't eligible. Thanks to McLeish.
Work with what we've got, and Nisbet is the best finisher out of all of them. He should be playing, especially tonight with Adams missing.

joethehibby

Well-Known Radge
When he was subbed in that game , I thought nisbet was playing better than dykes and should have been dykes coming off 🤷‍♂️

Plasticman

Well-Known Radge
I know we are comparing Apples with Pears, but I would have Dykes every time before Nisbet, I just dont see what everyone else sees with him - and that is why Id have Fraser, Christie, whoever before him. I wish we had more options at Hibs too. It goes without saying that I hope he does really well whenever he does put on a green or blue shirt though, and as with everyone else I cheer him on.

joethehibby

Well-Known Radge
I know we are comparing Apples with Pears, but I would have Dykes every time before Nisbet, I just dont see what everyone else sees with him - and that is why Id have Fraser, Christie, whoever before him. I wish we had more options at Hibs too. It goes without saying that I hope he does really well whenever he does put on a green or blue shirt though, and as with everyone else I cheer him on.
I’m the opposite , I seriously dont see what clarke sees in Dykes . Bit like when it took him an age to see that mcburnie wasn’t good enough 🤷‍♂️

Plasticman

Well-Known Radge
I’m the opposite , I seriously dont see what clarke sees in Dykes . Bit like when it took him an age to see that mcburnie wasn’t good enough 🤷‍♂️
I know! I realise that loads of people dont like Dykes and that I am in the minority. Its ok Im used to it.
Our resurgence has coincided with Dykes being in the team. He brings a drive that is otherwise missing, that Ollie never had in a million years, as he was just pish.

I thought that Dykes had his worst game for Scotland on Saturday, but then that goal... fantastic, pure determination to get there.

But then I like Doidge too and realise that he isnt everones favourite. Maybe I just like that type of striker when the position is played well?

Whoever is playing upfront tonight will have me shouting for them from my sofa!

Hammi

Top radge
Admin

I'd play them both. Why play with just 1 up top?

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here