Extra tournaments

SUPPORT THE SITE!
October Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £35.00

Hibee Kev

Legendary Radge
Thought the general feeling was that the Nations League has been a success, as it has spelt the end for meaningless friendlies? Logic being you're playing competitive games against sides of a similar level for something tangible (a major trophy at the top end, or a chance to qualify for a major tournament). Obviously we've already benefitted from this so I'm all for it!

The idea that FIFA are touting of a World Cup every 2 years is nonsense though

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Thought the general feeling was that the Nations League has been a success, as it has spelt the end for meaningless friendlies? Logic being you're playing competitive games against sides of a similar level for something tangible (a major trophy at the top end, or a chance to qualify for a major tournament). Obviously we've already benefitted from this so I'm all for it!

The idea that FIFA are touting of a World Cup every 2 years is nonsense though

I like the conference league tbh. But the idea of a world cup every 2 years is mental. I'd also imagine Euros would consider one every two years also.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
I think the nations league has been a good thing, other than playing Israel every other week.

It's been central to the Scottish improvement as it has allowed to build up a bit of momentum unbeaten at Hampden against good quality sides in a quasi/pseudo competitive environment.

We're also not far away from qualifying to the top group and harder challenges to improve our players.

The knock out end to the best teams....I kind of get his point, but it's not meant extra games as those teams got smaller world cup qualifying groups?

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
The problem is that UEFA wants the best players playing to drive commercial revenues.

I can easily foresee a future where the top international teams have two squads to cover the amount of games that they will be committed to in a year...The USA already do this, they've called up 100 different players in the past calendar year and 12 goalkeepers.

I don't think his problem ergo is really with the Nations League, it's with the amount of games international players are expected to play, and it's going to be exacerbated with having a world cup in December next year.

tayside hibee

Well-Known Radge
Nobody is forcing him to play. I bet he gets a hefty salary for playing this slave trade game.
He could play for a lesser team, not play internationals and easily earn .5m a year.

Nah, I didn’t think so .
Rich Fitba players get on my tits. They are all Lewis Hamilton 😜

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here