European Super League

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Is it 12 teams?
Guy at work, says 6 from England, 3 from Spain, 3 from Italy.

Did they just think they'd play each other on euro nights through a season and think nobody would be bothered?

I thought there would be more teams...

Reactions: Zab

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Is it 12 teams?
Guy at work, says 6 from England, 3 from Spain, 3 from Italy.

Did they just think they'd play each other on euro nights through a season and think nobody would be bothered?

I thought there would be more teams...
I think the plan is to invite a further three clubs.

Reactions: Zab

vasco de gama

Well-Known Radge
Wishful thinking I know but I hope this sparks the end of the modern version of international club football which has basically become a series of exhibition games primarily aimed at tv audiences and corporate tourists.

Fuck the ESL, Fuck the Champions League, Fuck the Europa League, Fuck all those summer World Tours by ‘the big teams’, and most importantly, Fuck the Guntz.

tayside hibee

Well-Known Radge
The champions League is already an establishment for the rich to get richer. The whole set up is nauseating. Some champions have to play 3 ( maybe more) qualifying round, other countries whose team finished 4 th walk straight in , it’s a joke. Then there is two further options to parachute into the Europa league!! The whole point of a cup competition is when you get beat, yer oot!
It is all mostly clever marketing , because the European cup, the uefa cup, and cup winners cup all worked well.
The fans are , as ever the losers. But if folk keep subscribing to watch it, then it will happen. Not that I think this super league will take off, it’s just the rich being greedy . I hope they get their bluff called and get banned from the Champions league . Then I hope the champions league collapses , as it has created an obscene monster.

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
The champions League is already an establishment for the rich to get richer. The whole set up is nauseating. Some champions have to play 3 ( maybe more) qualifying round, other countries whose team finished 4 th walk straight in , it’s a joke. Then there is two further options to parachute into the Europa league!! The whole point of a cup competition is when you get beat, yer oot!
It is all mostly clever marketing , because the European cup, the uefa cup, and cup winners cup all worked well.
The fans are , as ever the losers. But if folk keep subscribing to watch it, then it will happen. Not that I think this super league will take off, it’s just the rich being greedy . I hope they get their bluff called and get banned from the Champions league . Then I hope the champions league collapses , as it has created an obscene monster.
Followed mostly as far as i can see by "supporters " who never see a football stadium in real life

Davy

get off yer bum an sing radge
Leeds boss Marcelo Bielsa to Sky Sports: "This doesn't surprise me. The most superior teams have managed their superiority through competition. When they no longer need them to win money they discard what they no longer need. This is a very common thing, not only in football. It shouldn't surprise us.

"The fundamental problem is the rich always aspire to be more rich without considering the consequences for the rest. As they gain more power they start demanding more privilege over the rest.

"The most powerful are powerful because of what they bring but the rest are dispensable. What makes competition great is the possibility for one of those weak teams to develop, not the big teams playing each other. But the logic of the world at the moment and in football is not outside this - that the powerful become more rich as a consequence of the weak becoming more poor. If this was is what guides the world at the moment why is there such astonishment. This shouldn't surprise us. It was something that was coming."

Bobby_Combe

Just A Radge
They've got massive fan bases and get bigger crowds than some of the teams quoted who rely on broadcasting money rather than ticket sales.If the old firm were given the same funds they would compete.
I hope they do and f@ck off out of the SPL !
And SKY Sport are big fans. It'll come down to the broadcasters, the financial backers and whoever can be bought off in FIFA and UEFA. I'm afraid that whether it's this scheme, or another involving the present governing bodies (who seem pretty much as corrupt as they can possibly be) this will be the end of football as we've known it. Not that I'll be around much longer to see it ...

It's our own fault - we helped to start it all with the inaugural European Cup back in the '50's. Blame Harry Swan.

Bobby_Combe

Just A Radge
Leeds boss Marcelo Bielsa to Sky Sports: "This doesn't surprise me. The most superior teams have managed their superiority through competition. When they no longer need them to win money they discard what they no longer need. This is a very common thing, not only in football. It shouldn't surprise us.

"The fundamental problem is the rich always aspire to be more rich without considering the consequences for the rest. As they gain more power they start demanding more privilege over the rest.

"The most powerful are powerful because of what they bring but the rest are dispensable. What makes competition great is the possibility for one of those weak teams to develop, not the big teams playing each other. But the logic of the world at the moment and in football is not outside this - that the powerful become more rich as a consequence of the weak becoming more poor. If this was is what guides the world at the moment why is there such astonishment. This shouldn't surprise us. It was something that was coming."
Exactly. I was just going to say that.

SuperTortolano

Legendary Radge
I'm all for it. Bin all these big rich fuckers and let's get more competitive leagues. The EPL without those "big 6" would be a very competitive and enjoyable league. The hardcore fans would make the league thrive. Same with the SPL. Bin the uglies and watch the crowds grow and the league become competitive.

Its hipocrital of UEFA to shed tears. I remember sitting in the pub after a Hibs game and the chat was ' they cannae fuckin do that ' when they were toying with the idea that top European teams would qualify for the European Cup and again some years later regarding the Champions League, automatically no matter their League position.
As for Her Majesty's Government tut tutting about accountability and participation, in Parliament yesterday, after £Billions were handed out without either nor tendering in the last period is laughable.

BIG G

SUPPORT THE SITE!
May Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £70.00