• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

English Football

HibernianGuBràth

Private Member
Reaction score
Any Hibees take an Interest in English Football in General or support an English team as well as supporting Hibs ??? I think the arrogance and blatant ignorance of a lot of Premier League fans kind of turns me off having any real interest in The Premier League. A lot of them have a mindset where every other league outside of the Premier League is a pub league, tinpot etc. I find it hard to sit down and watch a full 90 minutes of an EPL game. I prefer the passion pf the fans and the real rivalries in Scottish Football. We may not have the richest or most exciting league in the world but it's certainly not the worst league in the world like some would have you believe down in England.

Any Hibees take an Interest in English Football in General or support an English team as well as supporting Hibs ??? I think the arrogance and blatant ignorance of a lot of Premier League fans kind of turns me off having any real interest in The Premier League. A lot of them have a mindset where every other league outside of the Premier League is a pub league, tinpot etc. I find it hard to sit down and watch a full 90 minutes of an EPL game. I prefer the passion pf the fans and the real rivalries in Scottish Football. We may not have the richest or most exciting league in the world but it's certainly not the worst league in the world like some would have you believe down in England.
I'm the same , follow Rochdales results but zero interest in the "who can spend the most league" . Some class players down there but they should be for the obscene amount of money most are paid

I'm the same , follow Rochdales results but zero interest in the "who can spend the most league" . Some class players down there but they should be for the obscene amount of money most are paid

There are a lot of bang average multi-millionaires strutting their stuff in the EPL eh.

Everton then, the boys in green, Forrest Green Rovers.
My interest is usually when I have a small wager on. Watched Watford v Wycombe £10 half time/full time £21 back. Now watching Crystal Palace v Manchester United. Fired £5 on Palace 15 minutes intae the game at 5/1. 0-0 at HT.

If I wisnae having a punt I would be reading Carspotting by Sandy Macnair.

Watch Everton regardless.

BIG G

There are a lot of bang average multi-millionaires strutting their stuff in the EPL eh.
Not sure if bang average is fair but definitely overpaid . I can't honestly remember the last EPL game i watched but most guys i work with have an EPL team but no team up here which i find strange , nothing beats being there afterall

Sunderland fan but always had a soft spot for Liverpool. Mainly because of the Scots who played in their great 70's/80's teams. And also because Sunderland are a basket case

Some of the games aswell are absolute muck. Chelsea v Man United last weekend. Hundreds of millions of pounds worth of players on the pitch many of them on hundreds of thousands a week and they play out a 0-0 draw. I think it's a very well marketed league because companies like Sky put so much money into it but I don't think it's as outstanding as the English media and supporters would have you believe.

Used to support Liverpool, but lost all interest in football outside of Hibs last season, haven't watched any other football this season at all I think, not anything I can remember anyway.

Possibly a Scotland game, would need to check dates to be sure.

The money paid to average players in England is sick, pretty much all over Europe.
All running around as if they're big business when they couldn't lace the boots of actual greats before them.

Everton for me, a proper club with proper fans.

Everton for me, a proper club with proper fans.
Just another , spending and losing hundreds of millions

Some of the games aswell are absolute muck. Chelsea v Man United last weekend. Hundreds of millions of pounds worth of players on the pitch many of them on hundreds of thousands a week and they play out a 0-0 draw. I think it's a very well marketed league because companies like Sky put so much money into it but I don't think it's as outstanding as the English media and supporters would have you believe.
I've just watched Palace V the overpaid Superstars of Man Utd and it was absolute gash. OK, the weather wasn't great but still, if you're earning 250K a week you should be able to pass the round thing to a guy wearing the same colours as you.

Last edited:

Certainly plenty money now, but they remain excellent in the community and having supported them since the mid 70’s no much I can do about the billions sloshing around their game now?

£550m for the new stadium 😳

Looks fantastic but I wonder how much a season ticket will cost?

I always look for the Newcastle result.

£550m for the new stadium 😳

Looks fantastic but I wonder how much a season ticket will cost?

I always look for the Newcastle result.

Everton have been paying back all season ticket holders through out the season.

Certainly plenty money now, but they remain excellent in the community and having supported them since the mid 70’s no much I can do about the billions sloshing around their game now?
I just think all the money has ruined the game , its as far removed from people like us as it could possibly be even the not so massive clubs . You need to go well down the league's in England now for the proper clubs but it obviously sells proven by the amount of Epl fans i know . Sad really

Sunderland fan, with passing interest in any team that plays in green, and thoroughly enjoy Liverpool losing because their fans are so insufferable.

Everton have been paying back all season ticket holders through out the season.
I wasn’t having a dig at Everton, I was remarking on the gobsmacking amount of cash spent in the EPL.
Fair play to them for paying ST cash back. I still wonder how much a ticket for the new stadium will cost.
I bet a tenner doesn’t cover a cup of tea and a wagon wheel either ☺️

I wasn’t having a dig at Everton, I was remarking on the gobsmacking amount of cash spent in the EPL.
Fair play to them for paying ST cash back. I still wonder how much a ticket for the new stadium will cost.
I bet a tenner doesn’t cover a cup of tea and a wagon wheel either

I know you weren’t mate, Everton’s season ticket last year wasn’t a lot more than mine at Easter Road, Liverpool is not a wealthy city and they know where their support comes from.

I used to follow the Villa many moons ago.
When Des Bremner went there.
He got me tickets for my first game at villa park. I went down pretty consistently for a while during their championship season and their European cup winning season.
Some team. I went to the final in Rotterdam when they won. Saw des with the cup.
Lost interest over the years but watching the results again due to SJM link.

West Brom for me. A good local community club. Decent pricing as well, tickets are often cheaper than ER.

Basketcase owners have resulted in jumping on the manager merry go round over the last few years.

Been to plenty of games in both EPL and the Championship. Atmosphere at games are much better in the Championship than the top league, more genuine supporters and better football away from the bright lights of the Premiership. No VAR as well!

Only one team for me. Can’t really understand folk having more than one.

It’s like having two wives.
That may be too far.

I quite enjoy seeing some English team getting beat depending on who manages/plays for it.
By the same logic I’d say Villa is my ‘team’ just because of SuperJ.

I watch MOTD because I don't have Virgin or Sky. Some of the games are ok. Don't have a team really. Like to see Villa because of McGinn, that's about it really. You find out how good the English players are when they get put out a cup round about the quarter finals on penalties.

The English Premiership holds no real interest for me whatsoever. I didn't even realise Liverpool were having such a mediocre season by their standards until about a fortnight ago.

When I was a kid I liked both Liverpool clubs, particularly Liverpool as I thought Bill Shankly was great and especially when Kenny Dalglish signed for them. Quite liked Leeds as well because nobody else did.

Watching The Big Match Revisited on a Saturday morning on ITV4 is almost like therapy for me. A reminder of how great and genuine English football used to be with huge noisy crowds on the terraces and great players and characters many of whom were local and the fans could relate to.

I have been to see loads of games down south over the years all over England, I usually go to see Bradford City, Leeds United, FC Halifax or Burnley when I visit my brother and his family who live in West Yorkshire.

RE Everton; Went to Goodison Park about 4 years ago for the first time. They lost 3-0 to Tottenham. Was impressed by the traditional style of the stadium and the impressive murals around it depicting the club's history. I was also impressed by the fanzone outside the stadium in the build up to the game complete with stage, interviews with former players, music etc. Something I have always thought Hibs should do. It certainly helped build up the atmosphere. I was told by an old guy working in their club superstore that they were moving to a new stadium down near the docks imminently, but I understand that has only very recently been approved.

Last edited:
Sunderland fan, with passing interest in any team that plays in green, and thoroughly enjoy Liverpool losing because their fans are so insufferable.
Agree 100% there mate. I'm Irish and Ireland is littered with Liverpool fans. They are easily the best supported club over here. Their fans would give a paracetamol a headache.

Had a wee thing for Arsenal when I was a bairn, only because they played in red Hibs strips. Look for Plymouth results because I have family down there and my uncle took me to see them, again when I was a bairn, also because they play in green.

I follow Sheffield Utd. I lived in Yorkshire for a bit and met some top Bladesmen while I was down there including the bounces own @Uncy

This season's been a "reet laugh".

I follow Sheffield Utd. I lived in Yorkshire for a bit and met some top Bladesmen while I was down there including the bounces own @Uncy

Had them in my bet last night, unfortunately had Man U and St J tae.:53:

I know you weren’t mate, Everton’s season ticket last year wasn’t a lot more than mine at Easter Road, Liverpool is not a wealthy city and they know where their support comes from.
M, the red half know exactly where their support come from......Norway. The Norwegians fly over in their thousands every home game clutching their tickets they’ve bought on viagogo for 200-300 quid a pop.

M, the red half know exactly where their support come from......Norway. The Norwegians fly over in their thousands every home game clutching their tickets they’ve bought on viagogo for 200-300 quid a pop.
The red shite are known as the Norwegians to Everton fans.

Arsenal, my uncle was a coach with them in the 70s. Used to send loads of strips, penants etc to me.

Newcastle, went down a couple of times to see Mirandinha in late 80s then lived there for a bit mid 90s , although the English premier league holds no real interest these days would love to see them win something for the support

Man Utd, lost interest in them over the last 15 years or so but would watch their bigger games. Started watching them again this season after my brother in law who had a season ticket there died. Some seriously boring games.

I’ve never really supported an English club, but I do go through phases of liking certain teams either because they’ve got a few good characters or they are good watch.

The problem I find with English football now is that for all the money that is spent, I don’t think there’s any world class players on show, and none of the teams are great to watch.

Closest I got to having an English team was a Newcastle strip when John Blackley went there but that was about it.

The red shite are known as the Norwegians to Everton fans.
They are also known as being fucking hopeless.

Screenshot_20210304-220659_bet365.jpg

Screenshot_20210304-221332_bet365.jpg

BIG G

Last edited:
West Ham for me. Grew up adoring the effortless skills of Sir Trevor Brooking and was hooked. Travelled down to the Boleyn ground a few times in my youth. Produced some fantastic youth players

I will take interest in any team who beats one of the big 6, love an underdog story but most of all Leicester, the greatest underdog story in sport. I also hate all that big 6 money conquers all stuff
Forr a variety of reasons I ended up watching the cup final 2016 in Robbie's bar with my friend from Leicester. He loved it and said he knew Hibs were gonna win from the start, that there was something magical about them that day. So I return the favour. Although they're maybe making a bit more now, if there's hope for Leicester there's hope for Hibs.

They just named quite a few players that have been abused online and I'd only heard of 2 of them. Highlights on a Sunday morning with the sound down not doing much for me.

Leyton Orient. I started going along when I lived in London - went pretty regularly particularly after I stopped going to ER for a few years in the 90s.

Na na na na eeza blade and eeza blade!

This thread has been viewed 3968 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back