Electric cars

SUPPORT THE SITE!
Sept Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £51.37

Hibee Kev

Legendary Radge
Solar panels etc, the increased electricity for cars..... all "underwritten" by the exisitng coal / nuclear grid.

We cannae switch off our grid, it has to be on all the time. We are trying to clean up, and biomass seems the preferred option.... which is chopping trees doon tae chips tae burn, basically.

Green energy seems to be a bit of a bag of shite tbh.

At this moment in time, EVs seems to be swapping one problem for other problems...

Yup - currently renewables only account for about 40% of the UK's electricity. And that's before we try to power every car in the country this way. Will the shortfall just be covered by fossil fuels / nuclear?

hibadelic

Radge-a-Casblanca
Yup - currently renewables only account for about 40% of the UK's electricity. And that's before we try to power every car in the country this way. Will the shortfall just be covered by fossil fuels / nuclear?

Scotland is already producing more renewable energy than it uses and this will continue to increase. Seems to me that more electricity use in England should be a positive thing for our economy.

Hibees-Mad

Mad Hibees Radge
She has better car sense than you obviously. A fuckin Mustang with a battery motor?
It’s like low alcohol wine or decaffinated coffee.
Fuckin weird.

I was doubtful at first, but it won me over. I drive a mustang just now and love it, doesn't mean I have to dislike the mach-e tho.

The fact that you immediately dismiss it because it has a battery motor says a fair bit about YOUR car sense Doc!

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here