Electric cars

SUPPORT THE SITE!
Sept Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £51.37

Jack

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
I don’t really understand the numbers.

has anyone got one?
A friend of mine who is a mechanic/garage owner says the numbers don't add up, won't add up! They're too expensive to make, too expensive to run and the batteries only last a few years before costing a fortune to replace - making their second hand value crap. Only the well off will be able to afford them.

And don't ask him about the miles you're supposed to get from a charge - he goes off on another rant!

He probably said the same about mobile phones a few years ago!

Have you considered an electric scooter? 😂

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
I read Apple are making a car tae rival the Tesla, it’s called the Titan. Hope their batteries last longer than their phones 😁
A friend of mine who is a mechanic/garage owner says the numbers don't add up, won't add up! They're too expensive to make, too expensive to run and the batteries only last a few years before costing a fortune to replace - making their second hand value crap. Only the well off will be able to afford them.

And don't ask him about the miles you're supposed to get from a charge - he goes off on another rant!

He probably said the same about mobile phones a few years ago!

Have you considered an electric scooter? 😂

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
Free at tesco when you’re shopping, Inverclyde council installed free ones with sg grants…not going to be free from October *though

Last edited:

Jamie

Admin
How long does it take tae charge a car?
Depends on the make, but roughly 30 mins to get tae 80% charge on a fast charger.

About 5.5 hours on a house charger.

Again depends on make o car you will get around 150-170 miles on a full charge.

Even having to pay with the price o fuel you are looking at halfing your fuel bills

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
Depends on the make, but roughly 30 mins to get tae 80% charge on a fast charger.

Even having to pay with the price o fuel you are looking at halfing your fuel bills
and more than halfing how far you can travel , no thanks

Reactions: Zab

Jamie

Admin
Zap map app is excellent.
They're too expensive to make, too expensive to run and the batteries only last a few years before costing a fortune to replace -
Batteries have a 8-year or 100,000 mile warranty so hes talking pish. Cheaper to run than fuel as well, maybe he's worried hes gonna lose money as with fewer moving parts, there’s far less to worry about. This makes electric car servicing and maintenance much easier and more cost-effective.

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge

Cheers J, I take it lorries will take the same time ?Cannae see there being any long distance trips.

Jamie

Admin
Cheers J, I take it lorries will take the same time ?Cannae see there being any long distance trips.
Prob longer mate, but no doubt be fully charged before it leaves depot etc. And will having to stop etc anyway then can be incorporated into a truck stop.

Jamie

Admin
I am considering the new eberlingo...

To fill up my present belingo which is a year old it cost me £67, I will get 400 miles from that.

Elec van would cost me £20 for same mileage.

Maybe need to charge more but no hardship tbh

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here