• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Efe

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
Heard Efe may be off to China at the end of the season for decent money?

Decent money for us?

Feared this might happen....hope not though.

I’m sure it was meant to happen in January but didn’t for some reason

Crikey. We really could be looking at replacing half the starting eleven at this rate.

Efe
Dylan
SJM
Allan
Kamberi
McLaren

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m sure it was meant to happen in January but didn’t for some reason

Was it not common knowledge that he signed for us to get “citizenship/residency”for UK. Sure it was February he got it ?

We might get a good wedge for him as well !!!

Was it not common knowledge that he signed for us to get “citizenship/residency”for UK. Sure it was February he got it ?

We might get a good wedge for him as well !!!

Aye but no sure why he’d need that to move to China?
An English team would be more likely in this scenario

Maybe it’s so his family can stay here, or he can move back here to retire after he’s earned big money in China?

I hope the big man stays, even for one more season, but if he does go I hope we get a good few quid for him.

Crikey. We really could be looking at replacing half the starting eleven at this rate. EfeDylan SJMAllanKamberiMcLarenSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm fairly confident Kamberi, McLaren and Allan will be here next season's and If we do sell Efe, I think Porteous is ready to make the step up.It'll be bad if he goes, but it adds funds to the pot to replace SJM and Dylan, which I think we will have to do sadly,then it's a silver lining.

I'm fairly confident Kamberi, McLaren and Allan will be here next season's and If we do sell Efe, I think Porteous is ready to make the step up.It'll be bad if he goes, but it adds funds to the pot to replace SJM and Dylan, which I think we will have to do sadly,then it's a silver lining.

I'm not so sure about McLaren.
He's scored some big goals which means he's probably on the radar of a few scouts/clubs now. If his club get relegated and he is a free agent (which is the rumour) then I reckon he'll be looking south where he could pick up really big bucks.

I'd be delighted if he agrees a deal with Hibs though.

I think this is potentially good news. We need to create a space for Porteous...

This wouldn't be disastrous IMO, particularly if we are well compensated. Certain aspects of Efe's game are class, others verge on amateur. I like the big guy but he can be replaced by better I think. That all said I think he has been a tremendous signing for Hibs.

i would rather he stayed but I think we will see quite a few changes close season, I am not overly concerned tbh, as long as Lennon is still manager I am confident he wil, replace quality with quality.

Bigger bucks mate , if so we could see efe move for more than SJM.

It’s possible we could scoop 10m in transfer fees this summer [emoji102]

Edit :- I’m
In canaries wasted.

I'm not so sure about McLaren.He's scored some big goals which means he's probably on the radar of a few scouts/clubs now. If his club get relegated and he is a free agent (which is the rumour) then I reckon he'll be looking south where he could pick up really big bucks.I'd be delighted if he agrees a deal with Hibs though.
The "it's only Scotland" factor might work in our favour thought. Having a decent half season up here means zip to most (unless it's with the smelllies).I'd like us to get him but of the the two strikers he is probably more replaceable than Kamberi. Keeping Flo should be our number one priority this window.

The "it's only Scotland" factor might work in our favour thought. Having a decent half season up here means zip to most (unless it's with the smelllies).I'd like us to get him but of the the two strikers he is probably more replaceable than Kamberi. Keeping Flo should be our number one priority this window.

Keeping Dylan and Scott too...

I think this is potentially good news. We need to create a space for Porteous...

Porteous is the obvious replacement for Darren, who I think it's declining quite alot...

This wouldn't be disastrous IMO, particularly if we are well compensated. Certain aspects of Efe's game are class, others verge on amateur. I like the big guy but he can be replaced by better I think. That all said I think he has been a tremendous signing for Hibs.

i would rather he stayed but I think we will see quite a few changes close season, I am not overly concerned tbh, as long as Lennon is still manager I am confident he wil, replace quality with quality.

Disagree. We'll struggle to find anyone able to defend and break from defence into midfield and beyond with the class and ability Efe has. He'll be very,very hard to replace.

Porteous is the obvious replacement for Darren, who I think it's declining quite alot...

Disagree. We'll struggle to find anyone able to defend and break from defence into midfield and beyond with the class and ability Efe has. He'll be very,very hard to replace.

I disagree on Darren being in decline. Wasn't totally at his best on Saturday but was he 100% fit? Longer term I'd agree that Porteous is the ready made replacement but in the short term I think Daz is a mainstay in this side.

I disagree on Darren being in decline. Wasn't totally at his best on Saturday but was he 100% fit? Longer term I'd agree that Porteous is the ready made replacement but in the short term I think Daz is a mainstay in this side.

Apparently wasn't at the POTY Awards last night on 'doctor's orders' so probably not 100% fit.

His pace will be a problem next year, he's getting slower imo.

His pace will be a problem next year, he's getting slower imo.
That's natural as he gets older. He's still no slouch though. Plenty enough for the spl.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I was looking at him taking McGregors place. He's getting on a bit and injuries seem to be coming to him more often.

I don't think defending is the strongest part of his game tbh! He is a quality player no doubt but we CAN sign as good or better,not saying for a minute he won't be hard to replace though.

He's quite the player, but I think we'll find ourselves in a 433 or 451 next year.

We won't need his excitingly terrifying moments. I'll take a few million for a Nigerian international legend.

If he stays I'll be equally happy

He's quite the player, but I think we'll find ourselves in a 433 or 451 next year.

We won't need his excitingly terrifying moments. I'll take a few million for a Nigerian international legend.

If he stays I'll be equally happy

The main reason I like him, and probably one of the main reasons I watch football.

The main reason I like him, and probably one of the main reasons I watch football.

I agree. At times his composure on the ball is superb. He's been terrific for us. He's been a huge part of our success under Lennon.

I love Efe, I'll be disappointed if he leaves because his cigar & slippers performances are everything that's good about football.

However if we get a million or so for him from China I'm sure it'd be put to good use.

Agree 100%. I'm watching through my fingers sometimes, but his "oh no" moments and his "Olé!" moments have been a huge contributing factor to a thoroughly entertaining season.

I've loved going to the fitba this season. Gonna miss it this summer.

He does have his moments but he also strolls through games and he is a joy to watch, although if this does happen then I agree with [MENTION=2693]Smurf[/MENTION] and bring in young Porteous.

This thread has been viewed 1604 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back