Easter Road Pitch

Two Headed Boy

Well-Known Radge
Paul McGinn saying it's a bit of a mess and forcing players to take an extra touch, which is slowing the game down...

Genuine reason or shite excuse for our home form?

:unsure:

Jack

Aulder Than Shrink This Radge
Its the same for both teams and you'd think with us playing on it more often than any of the other clubs we'd have got the hang of it by now.

Not just that but take advantage of it!

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Possibly a mess after the last week, snow, frost etc
But outside of that, the pitch has seemed fine.

We don't even have a good first touch, the extra touch should be useful.

Both teams play on the pitch, im no feeling the excuses.

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
It did look a bit bumpy against County.
Not to its usual standard.
It could be a reason for poor control, but not an excuse.

Ryan69

Well-Known Radge
Paul McGinn saying it's a bit of a mess and forcing players to take an extra touch, which is slowing the game down...

Genuine reason or shite excuse for our home form?

:unsure:
We've not won back to back games at ER in 2 years.

So can't be used as an excuse really.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
I think pitches are the same over Scotland just now - poorer condition than normal, due to excess games and inclement weather.

It is what it is though, and affects every team.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
Maybe it was the conditions , but the Orange ball always seemed heavy in comparison to the normal white ball.
The footballs of today are ultra light in comparison.
I don’t believe this, but,

the experts who have studied heading balls and the damage it does claim there is no difference between the weight of the balls then and now.

I find that staggering and unbelievable.

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
I don’t believe this, but,

the experts who have studied heading balls and the damage it does claim there is no difference between the weight of the balls then and now.

I find that staggering and unbelievable.
It is unbelievable!
Maybe the composition of the ball has changed?
Maybe inflated to a greater degree?
Even the Mitre ball of 15- 20 years ago seemed heavy in comparison to today's ball.

Robert Barone

Well-Known Radge
The slow rotation of the ball/posession has been going on for longer than the pitches starting to deteriorate.
Its been one of the things that annoy me about the way we play at ER since the beginning of the season. Passed accross the back 3 taking multiple touches, into newell, multiple touches, back to Hanlon or Porto and hoofed diagonally 70 yards into the corners.

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
The slow rotation of the ball/posession has been going on for longer than the pitches starting to deteriorate.
Its been one of the things that annoy me about the way we play at ER since the beginning of the season. Passed accross the back 3 taking multiple touches, into newell, multiple touches, back to Hanlon or Porto and hoofed diagonally 70 yards into the corners.
To be fair , that seems to be the way modern football is.
Keeping possession until it gets passed back to the 'keeper who , most of the time , launches it up the park.
Which kinda defeats the purpose.

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
To be fair , that seems to be the way modern football is.
Keeping possession until it gets passed back to the 'keeper who , most of the time , launches it up the park.
Which kinda defeats the purpose.
Its like kicking off , knocking the ball high to the wing and generally losing possesion . Whats the point in that if keeping possession is the aim the rest of the time ?