• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Dylan McG

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
Why don't we put a bit of paper down in front of him then?

And tbh, I wouldn't be trying to force the fact that he owes it to Hibs, he might well do, but don't go telling him that? Would wind me up personally :dunno:

I hope Dylan McGeouch signs a new contract as he is a very good player, but he is well within his rights to hold firm and see if there are any better offers out there. I no longer have any concern about players leaving the club as I think our recruitment department will be able to find good replacements. In the modern game clubs like Hibs are always going to lose our better players, it's all about what we achieve as a club whilst these players are at our club and how you go about replacing them.

Mallan would be a good signing but I would imagine this would only happen if John McGinn is sold this month.

Why don't we put a bit of paper down in front of him then?

And tbh, I wouldn't be trying to force the fact that he owes it to Hibs, he might well do, but don't go telling him that? Would wind me up personally :dunno:
Yeah, in writing, on the table in front of him in black and white.
Explain hiw much the fans love him and the club will pay very good money to keep him.. But as a club going forward we would appreciate it if signed sooner rather than later for our plans.
I think if we get him signed up it could encourage others to extend or new players to sign, hes a class football player...
A “baller” as our youth of today say

This might be a follow on from what happened in the summer?

He'll sign, maybe just need to chuck another few hundred a week at him.
Doubt he will get many better offers without first showing consistently good performances in a sustained run of games without periods of injury.

Aberdeen are one club who may scupper this but seriously doubt there would be any English interest.

This might be a follow on from what happened in the summer?

What happened in summer?

What happened in summer?

I think Lennon was looking to offload....

Hibs have paid him relatively handsomely I'm sure for being not able to play a lot of the time , that is a fact .
However , he dosent owe us anything . He paid a large part in winning us our holy grail , and also helped drag us out of the championship. Forever will he be welcome at ER.
As much as I would love him to stay, it's only natural he would like to earn more money and try out another country. If he stays in Scotland then surely we are his only choice, if he chose otherwise I would be mighty pissed off with him , but I can't see him doing that.
A fit DMc should be in the Scotland team , I don't think there is any doubt in that.
I think he will sign with the same clause Cummings had in that any reasonable offer will be accepted and he can go. It's really Hibs only bargaining tool.

he is open to a move as doesn't like Lennon, just have to see if he gets any better offers

could only be Aberdeen up here

I think Lennon was looking to offload....

They were understandably worried about his fitness levels and ability to play often enough. We all were. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. We should probably all be honest if we think about how many games he missed in previous seasons.

Just glad it is looking better for him on that front :thumbgrin

he is open to a move as doesn't like Lennon, just have to see if he gets any better offers

could only be Aberdeen up here
What's the beef with him and Lennon? Barnsley fan on Twitter not happy at him talking about Mallan maybe weighing up his replacement already.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

They were understandably worried about his fitness levels and ability to play often enough. We all were. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. We should probably all be honest if we think about how many games he missed in previous seasons.

Just glad it is looking better for him on that front :thumbgrin

At the AGM Lennon said he thought the injuries were in his head. And implied that him now being injury free and finding form was perhaps no coincidence as his contract was nearly at an end.... I've never got the impression they are particularly close. Not that they need to be. However, mutual trust and respect is important...

I've never been sure he 100% wants to be at hibs. When he 1st signed it looked he was having a mug shot taken and didn't want to be here, suppose he would've seen it as a backward step from Celtic to championship . He has put in some classy displays none-the-less.

Anyone know if NL's comments were backed up by medical reports?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

He’s played more games this season than he has in any of his previous seasons at hibs bar 1 ( and he’ll overtake that one by the end of the month probably)

But, he’s scored 1 goal in his last 93 games. A midfield that contains him and Barkley puts huge pressure on the rest of the midfield to score.

But, he’s scored 1 goal in his last 93 games. A midfield that contains him and Barkley puts huge pressure on the rest of the midfield to score.

He's elegant but he's no Pat McGinlay. He's way better than that Chelsea waster though. :wink:

There's been mutterings up here about him replacing McLean at Pittodrie.

He's elegant but he's no Pat McGinlay. He's way better than that Chelsea waster though. :wink:

I’m not very good at typing on an iPhone, hoopless with autocorrect

I’m not very good at typing on an iPhone, hoopless with autocorrect

That's what the Green Brigade's banner writer said too :giggle:

I have heard that a deal will be done and he will extend his deal here.

Would we be due a development fee if he goes elsewhere?

I have heard that a deal will be done and he will extend his deal here.

That would be tremendous. Goes against what most folk think, that he doesn't want to work with Lennon any more and Aberdeen want him to replace McLean.

Hope you're right.

That would be tremendous. Goes against what most folk think, that he doesn't want to work with Lennon any more and Aberdeen want him to replace McLean.

Hope you're right.

Hoping it will be confirmed before the derby.

Was properly offered a contract at the end of last week.

Hoping it will be confirmed before the derby.

Was that just a personal opinion or inside information [MENTION=11092]The Family[/MENTION] ?

Last edited:
Was properly offered a contract at the end of last week.
We seem to have saved a bit of cash this window, so perhaps it's with a view of offering some of the guys there bigger money.

Was that just a personal opinion or inside information?

:giggle:

Was that just a personal opinion or inside information @The Family ?

To be honest K since the Berry fiasco mentioned on social media Hibs aren't letting out anything including my source at the club.

But players who I can't mention expected him to stay and sign a new deal as Dylan loves it here.

I heard NL saying an improved offer was on the table for him, hopefully his words to the players will be true.

To be honest K since the Berry fiasco mentioned on social media Hibs aren't letting out anything including my source at the club.

But players who I can't mention expected him to stay and sign a new deal as Dylan loves it here.

I heard NL saying an improved offer was on the table for him, hopefully his words to the players will be true.

Good stuff.

No movement here yet...

He's at an age where he probably feels he needs to move now to make decent money, down south on a bosman.

Losing John and Dylan in the summer will be grim. Really grim.

He's at an age where he probably feels he needs to move now to make decent money, down south on a bosman.

Wouldn't we all but there has to be someone willing to pay that "decent money" and I doubt football managers down south will rate him as highly as forums do. He'll have improved a good bit since doing nowt at Coventry at least.

Hope you're right.

I'm still thinking this is the most likely scenario.

The improved deal proffered a month ago doesn't seem to have enticed him to picking up a pen and signing the fcukin thing.

Sorry but I have a bad feeling about this now, he told other players that he was staying, the improved contract has been on the table for a while now and still it isn't signed.

If the Fyvie situation taught us anything, I'm not so sure there's an improved contract.
Probably still verbal at this point

I've no idea what's going on here. The club have a history of 'breaking news' as and when they think it will have the most impact. Given that and there's been fewer leaks from the club recently than there are from a ducks arse so there's no grounds for pessimism

... or optimism!

After today if Dylan can't see this is place he needs to be I don't know what will.

Sent from my iPhone

After today if Dylan can't see this is place he needs to be I don't know what will.

Sent from my iPhone

Exactly. I'd be devastated if he signed for another Scottish side. Was immense today

Exactly. I'd be devastated if he signed for another Scottish side. Was immense today

I was concerned that he was off......

but seeing his gameplay today, and his reaction at the end of the game I'm actually quite hopeful of good news about to come.

This thread has been viewed 30574 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back