• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Drey Wright

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
Daily Retard says we’re interested in the ST J winger

Good player, very fast.
He got a bad injury last season though, so I hope that hasn't hampered his pace.

Good player, very fast.
He got a bad injury last season though, so I hope that hasn't hampered his pace.
Another Boyle?

Is he right or left sided?

I have to admit I think we are pretty strong with Boyle on the right and Newell on the left but competition/cover for them wouldn't go amiss.

Seem to be getting quoted for a couple of wingers.

Might be hard to keep Boyle

Seem to be getting quoted for a couple of wingers.

Might be hard to keep Boyle
He will be in demand but I really hope we can hold on to him for another year at least, he really has been a superb player for Hibs. It would be good though to get at least another winger in to provide competition. Wright is very fast and IMO you can never get enough pace into a football team.

Another winger would be usefull.Can't say I've noticed him,with a name like Drey you'd think I'd have.

Squirrel will feel right at home with Drey

Incredibly quick but lacks everything else

Incredibly quick but lacks everything else
Bit like Boyle when he first arrived then?

Bit like Boyle when he first arrived then?

I think Lennon & Parker deserve a lot of credit for really turned Boyle into the player he is now. Would be interesting to see if Jack Ross can do similar.

Drey.....sounds like a carthorse!

Having a medical according to the DR...

Sourced some opinions from a couple of St.J supporting pals of mine on Facebook:

"Cracking player, one of the best signings I've seen at Saints. Top attitude and has the skills on top. Struggled a bit after serious injury but will be a decent signing"

"Perfect fit for Hibs. Excellent going forward and more than acceptable in defence."

"Aye, he’s a class act. One of those players where there’s a wee frisson any time he gets the ball. Sad to see him go."

Only have a vague memory of him at St Johnstone to be honest, I do remember he was really fast.
Can never have enough pace in a team in my view.

Only have a vague memory of him at St Johnstone to be honest, I do remember he was really fast.
Can never have enough pace in a team in my view.

Worked in sensible soccer, works in real fitba!

Sourced some opinions from a couple of St.J supporting pals of mine on Facebook:

"Cracking player, one of the best signings I've seen at Saints. Top attitude and has the skills on top. Struggled a bit after serious injury but will be a decent signing"

"Perfect fit for Hibs. Excellent going forward and more than acceptable in defence."

"Aye, he’s a class act. One of those players where there’s a wee frisson any time he gets the ball. Sad to see him go."
Had a wee look on the saints forum although there has only been 5 replies not one is bothered about him leaving and are not saying anything good about him.
Tbh I have never heard of him .

Like fickle football fans the world over you’d get a completely different set of opinions on that forum if he had signed a new deal with them.

I've never heard of him. Let's hope we're building a team to compete for third.

I've never heard of him. Let's hope we're building a team to compete for third.
Nor me.
It surprises me how most folk seem to know all teams players, i just know the obvious ones ??

Nor me.
It surprises me how most folk seem to know all teams players, i just know the obvious ones ??

Am the same, I can write a whole just back withough knowing one of the opposition players names.

I do get a feeling if he is joining, Boyler is away.

I had heard of Martin Boyle. Just. Simply because I'd seen him play for Montrose.
Didnt think he was anything out of the ordinary.
I hadn't heard of Ivan Sproule.
Saw his debut against ICT on a dreich night in Snecky.
Didnt think much of him.
Cant say I've seen DW play.
Heres hoping he turns out to be like either of those two.

Drey replacing the Squirrel ?

Has to be a wind up!

Sounds a bit like Boyle when he 1st came,just needs confidence at times

Drey Wright is training with the Hibs squad at the moment and is keen on a deal according to the Evening News.

Drey Wright is training with the Hibs squad at the moment and is keen on a deal according to the Evening News.

Also says we are still interested in Gogic and McGinn’s brother is training with us, (Stephen)

Also says we are still interested in Gogic and McGinn’s brother is training with us, (Stephen)
We should have signed Mr & Mrs McGinn 30 years ago!

Stephen McGinn is a good player, would bring some experience and leadership to the midfield. Him and Gogic wouldn’t half give us some much needed bite in midfield.

Stephen McGinn is a good player, would bring some experience and leadership to the midfield. Him and Gogic wouldn’t half give us some much needed bite in midfield.

TBH, I am not sure on McGinn, Gogic will definitely give us more steel in our midfield though. I want our new players to improve us and me personally doesn’t see that in McGinn. Man Utd have released young players who would improve us and Wigan have interesting players also.

Man Utd - O’Hara, keeper, Ethan Hamilton, Midfielder and Borthwick Jackson, Left back.

Wigan - Callum Lang, Striker.

Last edited:
TBH, I am not sure on McGinn, Gogic will definitely give us more steel in our midfield though. I want our new players to improve us and me personally doesn’t see that in McGinn. Man Utd have released young players who would improve us and Wigan have interesting players also.

Only training with Hibs as a favour by JR so he can keep fit while looking for a club

I'm possibly in the minority but the two other McGinn lads brothers to super John are excellent professionals but neither good enough for a club with top half of the league aspirations.

Has this chap signed for us yet?

I'm possibly in the minority but the two other McGinn lads brothers to super John are excellent professionals but neither good enough for a club with top half of the league aspirations.

There’s some acceptance of mediocrity among fans but not worth bothering about as long as Hibs don’t sign any of these guffies.

Same folk raging we’re not challenging for third want to fill the team with players from Hamilton and St Mirren.

Before some buffoon asks who we should be signing let’s leave that to a team of professionals we pay for that task.

I also have zero concern about finances as players are now having to take lower wages, lots of other clubs are making cut backs and freeing players so we definitely do not have to lower our standards. 9000 seasons, increased TV deal, shirt sales, increased HSL monthly hand outs. Get it Fukn spent wisely.

Last edited:
I don’t get the logic of “we should not be signing players from x y z”. That’s not at all an acceptance of mediocrity. To me it’s like the gunts going on about being a “big team”

We should be signing good solid performers from teams of similar size and enticing the best from lower leagues. Imagine if we signed sparky when he was at Dundee or livi. Or shankland.

We should be signing stand outs from other SPFL teams who would step into our first team. Gogic may fall into that category.

I’ve argued this point for a long time and continue to do so when mince arrived in the shape of Rankin, Liam Craig, Roman Vine and suchlike.

We continually failed to identify and/or sign a level of player that we should be able to entice to a club like Hibs.

Livingston, Motherwell, Killie etc seem to do better. They’re not risks as they’ve played every week in our league so shouldn’t be difficult to sort the good from the bad.

There’s massive room for improvement.

Gogic was one of the best and most consistent defensive midfielders in the league last season...

St Johnstone were desperate to keep Drey Wright.

One or both would be decent signings for Hibs in my opinion.

Liam Craig was a solid performer for St J. Same as swanny. Just sometimes things don’t click. Plus Liam Craig was played out of position.

vine was awful for us and simply should not have been signed.

I trust JR and the recruitment team to improve us rather than making signings just for the sake of it

I’d rather have a player that’s played in Scotland and proven himself to be a good player up here compared to let’s say a Josh Vela?
Sure on the SPFL voting for team of the season gogic was only player outwith OF that came anywhere near getting in it

I’d rather have a player that’s played in Scotland and proven himself to be a good player up here compared to let’s say a Josh Vela?
Sure on the SPFL voting for team of the season gogic was only player outwith OF that came anywhere near getting in it

Vela for me has got to be the most disappointing signing in ages

I thought he'd cruise it up here

This thread has been viewed 3235 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back