Doon the Slump!

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
Each and every one of us on here has seen it too often. The famous post Christmas slump.
I havent actually looked at the past seasons figures, but from memory it seems to happen quite often.
We could've blamed STF and Rod in the past, but it's practically a new set up at the club apart from one or two individuals.
So WTF happens?
Any theories?

Two Headed Boy

Well-Known Radge
Each and every one of us on here has seen it too often. The famous post Christmas slump.
I havent actually looked at the past seasons figures, but from memory it seems to happen quite often.
We could've blamed STF and Rod in the past, but it's practically a new set up at the club apart from one or two individuals.
So WTF happens?
Any theories?

We don't fund the first team squad the same way our peers do. I'd like to see stats on how our squad rotation compares over the seasons to that of other big clubs in Scotland. I'd put money our players playing more minutes over the packed winter schedule than others.

Clubs at the bottom of the league tend to get a bounce at this time of year too because it's sacking season so invariably end up with a new manager and new players.

It's a perfect storm for embarrassing results, and a slow death of confidence.

bigmanandy

Legendary Radge
I don’t think the performances of most Scottish teams is great just now, the standard of football is chronic across most clubs, if there was a time to take advantage it was now, sadly we are in the chronic category just now.

EA2007

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
I don’t think the performances of most Scottish teams is great just now,
Livingston have a fraction of our budget and pumped us 3-0 to make it 7 wins on the spin.

Maybe if we try mirror what they’ve done in recent weeks??

Smurf

Aulder Than Shrink This Radge
Livingston have a fraction of our budget and pumped us 3-0 to make it 7 wins on the spin.

Maybe if we try mirror what they’ve done in recent weeks??

They've a tenth of our season ticket holders. They pump us every season.

EA2007

Maybe if we mirror what we'd done earlier in the season.
How far are we moving these goalposts?
I’ve no idea what you’re trying to defend here. My original point stands against the excuse that clubs weren’t performing currently. If Livingston could get 7 wins on the spin with a fraction of our budget then they’re doing ok the now.

Us beating them away from home, blowing them away in points accumulation earlier in the season or getting pumped 3-0 by them and Ross County at home won’t change that.

We’re underperforming once again, throwing away a chance at 3rd and a decent run at the start of the season counts F all to me. I’ve given up on a lot at Hibs since the Scottish semi tbh.

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
I’ve no idea what you’re trying to defend here. My original point stands against the excuse that clubs weren’t performing currently. If Livingston could get 7 wins on the spin with a fraction of our budget then they’re doing ok the now.

Us beating them away from home, blowing them away in points accumulation earlier in the season or getting pumped 3-0 by them and Ross County at home won’t change that.

We’re underperforming once again, throwing away a chance at 3rd and a decent run at the start of the season counts F all to me. I’ve given up on a lot at Hibs since the Scottish semi tbh.
OK.
Back to my original post.
Your theory on our never ending ability to fall apart post Christmas.

EA2007

OK.
Back to my original post.
Your theory on our never ending ability to fall apart post Christmas.
Purely coincidental as it’s different players and managers.

We’re just a club of underachievers incapable of capitalising on Huns being lower league for 4 years, Gorgie lot twice relegated, Dundee Utd fall from grace and an Aberdeen who until McInnes were really average for many years.

With our season ticket sales and relatively decent financial position we’ve been rank. This season is heading the same way and will be another 10 plus players thru the door in 2021 and perhaps another manage change.

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
Purely coincidental as it’s different players and managers.

We’re just a club of underachievers incapable of capitalising on Huns being lower league for 4 years, Gorgie lot twice relegated, Dundee Utd fall from grace and an Aberdeen who until McInnes were really average for many years.

With our season ticket sales and relatively decent financial position we’ve been rank. This season is heading the same way and will be another 10 plus players thru the door in 2021 and perhaps another manage change.
I did say as much , but I was hoping Ron and his new broom might sweep away the old crap and give us the changes we crave/need.
Maybe not.