Doig

SUPPORT THE SITE!
October Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £45.00

Smurf

Auld Enuff Tae Know Better This Radge
A
I'm not going to let you get the last word, should know better than that 😁

Examples have been provided above, we accepted an offer for John. Celtic matched it and John chose to go to Villa.
They were first, and Celtic second
He chose the first offer.

So we didn't bump Villa to accept Celtic even though we accepted both.

Thats how football works, 14 clubs could match the offer and all 14 would and should be given the chance to speak to him. As mentioned, where he goes next is HIS choice, not ours.

Matching an accepted offer is slightly different from accepting a higher offer to an offer you've already accepted. No?

The Family

Capital Radge
IIRC this is pretty much what happened when we sold SJM? Celtic mucked us about with about 3 derisory offers, Aston Villa came in with a decent offer which we accepted and SJM was given permission to speak to them. The smellies then came in with a 4th offer (which matched Villa's offer) which we also accepted but by this point SJM had been sold on Villa.

That’s right SJM wanted to go to Celtic but after their pissing about Villa came in offered what was accepted at the time, SJM met Steve Bruce and the deal was done. The Smellies then came back with the same offer but was too late as SJM already put pen to paper with Villa.

When you think of the valuations of some players I still think the valuation was far too low for someone like SJM, thankfully Ron is switched on and won’t allow any of our players leave on the cheap.

Zab

Admin
Let’s clear this up as some of the total misunderstanding of what’s being said here is doing my head in, along with the shite explanations from @Hammi 😂

Hypothetical Scenario:
Club A offers £100 today, Club B offers £100 tomorrow, Club C offers £100 next Tuesday.

Accepting all three is not underhand in anyway shape or form.

If you’ve accepted Club A’s offer, you’ve set the market price so any other club is perfectly in their right to come in and match it. If anything it would be underhand to deny to player to right to speak to Club B and Club C.

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Let’s clear this up as some of the total misunderstanding of what’s being said here is doing my head in, along with the shite explanations from @Hammi 😂

Hypothetical Scenario:
Club A offers £100 today, Club B offers £100 tomorrow, Club C offers £100 next Tuesday.

Accepting all three is not underhand in anyway shape or form.

If you’ve accepted Club A’s offer, you’ve set the market price so any other club is perfectly in their right to come in and match it. If anything it would be underhand to deny to player to right to speak to Club B and Club C.

But what if you've accepted A, B and C then an offer comes in higher :gigglle:

Zab

Admin
But what if you've accepted A, B and C then an offer comes in higher :gigglle:

No one in their right might would offer more if £100 is the agreed price! If a can of juice is a £1, you wouldn’t pay £1.50! But the selling club could accept it anyway, it’s down to the player where they then go.

The only thing that would be underhand is if Club D offered £50 and that was also accepted, but selling club wouldn’t do that either.

Unless of course it’s the The Huns, then you tell them tae get tae.

Exactly! That’s why I didn’t use Club H as an example.

I feel like I said all that 😔

I just said it more better 😂

Bofahibee

Well-Known Radge
West Ham fans Twitter claiming solid interest from the club in Josh Doig and someone (possibly Ferguson?) from the Sheep tonight. Make of that what you will.

The Family

Capital Radge
West Ham fans Twitter claiming solid interest from the club in Josh Doig and someone (possibly Ferguson?) from the Sheep tonight. Make of that what you will.

Cheeky bastards have asked us to drop our price, they can fuck off the price is the price so they either pay that or lose out.

Jack

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
They could always chuck Tierney in with a couple of million and his wages for a 5 year contract with us. It's no like they'd need him if they got Doig!

Young guy Saka, even although he's a bit wee, another option.

Cheeky bastards!

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Forrest supposedly the only club to have entered serious negotiations over Doig. But also pulling out at £5m plus add ons.

Starting to sound like we'll get the season out of him. Just hope he kicks on and keep his value up.

Gotta be impressed if we hold our ground and keep him here, he's obviously not too worried about staying either or he'd be helping engineer a move.

Changed days!

The Family

Capital Radge
See the Evening Standard are having a go at both Arsenal and West Ham asking us to lower the price to half our valuation, it also reports that Ron told them to bolt and our valuation is the price they have to pay 👏🏻👏🏻

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here