Day Trip Ideas?

SUPPORT THE SITE!
July Goal: £100.00
Donations so far: £65.00

Smurf

Auld Enuff Tae Know Better This Radge
I want to jump in the car tomorrow and take the wee dude and Mummy away for a day trip. Always just went down the east coast but looking for ideas for different directions. Ideally want stuff that'll be open air good scenery and maybe things for a two year old. Any ideas?

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
I want to jump in the car tomorrow and take the wee dude and Mummy away for a day trip. Always just went down the east coast but looking for ideas for different directions. Ideally want stuff that'll be open air good scenery and maybe things for a two year old. Any ideas?
Glencoe is hard to beat . I went to Portnockie yeaterday , that coast is pretty spectacular some nice beaches

Admin

Peebles is good, great play park by the river and plenty cafes and pubs.

rude_boy

Hibs Radge
Beecraigs Country Park up the hill from Linlithgow, nice walks and play areas for the kids

Craigtoun Country park near St Andrews is a good family day out, followed by a fish supper in Anstruther on the way back

Last edited:

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
Vogrie, Kelburn, Finlaystone

Doc Shrink

Retired Radge
Is it the wee man’s mummy, or yours?

Need clarity before taking this further.

southfieldhibby

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Good shout going to Aberdour Kenny. Made me think of wee towns in Scotland that I had never been to until recently and enjoyed.

My new job has me going all over and I'm loving it, recently went to Falkland for the first time and thought it was terrific. I prefer towns on the coast, but could happily see myself spending a weekend there.

Any other wee town recommendations?

Admin
Good shout going to Aberdour Kenny. Made me think of wee towns in Scotland that I had never been to until recently and enjoyed.

My new job has me going all over and I'm loving it, recently went to Falkland for the first time and thought it was terrific. I prefer towns on the coast, but could happily see myself spending a weekend there.

Any other wee town recommendations?

Lanark, Peebles, Kelso, Melrose, Oban, Dunkeld, Cupar and many others.

Me and Mrs 1875 try to visit one every weekend during the non fitba season.

southfieldhibby

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Lanark, Peebles, Kelso, Melrose, Oban, Dunkeld, Cupar and many others.

Me and Mrs 1875 try to visit one every weekend during the non fitba season.
I've never been to Melrose for some reason, might get down there soon to have a wee looksee. Going to Ayr tomorrow for a couple of days, have been for the football but like alot of places, it's usually in and out so looking forward to seeing what's what.

Also should mention Kirkcudbright, a lovely wee place with enough to keep you interested for a few days.

WJC1848

Just A Radge
I've never been to Melrose for some reason, might get down there soon to have a wee looksee. Going to Ayr tomorrow for a couple of days, have been for the football but like alot of places, it's usually in and out so looking forward to seeing what's what.

Also should mention Kirkcudbright, a lovely wee place with enough to keep you interested for a few days.
I'll echo the support for Kirkcudbright. About ten years ago there was an exhibition of some of the Great Masters of Painting, Cezanne, Renoir, etc., etc. Part of a national tour. Wasn't expecting to see so many wee boats down by the water. A lovely place. Wife and I had stopped there many years ago on our bi-annual trips to Stranraer.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here