• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

David Marshall

Hibees-Mad

Mad Hibees Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
Not ITK or anything but has been told to find a new club.

Would be happy if we made a move for him in January, not convinced with Macey at all

Yup, good keeper.

I’m surprised nobody has made a move for the St J keeper. Looks the real deal, and has done for a few seasons now.

I’m surprised nobody has made a move for the St J keeper. Looks the real deal, and has done for a few seasons now.

Same, looks a very good keeper. Out of contract in the summer.

I’d take Marshall too, an experienced and reliable goalkeeper.

Completely agree. And at a decent age, still get a good 5 years out of him.

Had some game yesterday apparently.

Macey has done very little wrong. He doesn't show off with fancy saves like Rocky. Getting the shambolic defence in order should be priority.

I suspect Marshall is way out of our price range.

Id take him mind, better than Macey.

I'm happy with Macey tbh.

I'm happy with Macey tbh.
I'm not entirely happy with Macey but I do know he's not the only problem we have with our 9/11* man defence 🙄

*Other 9/11 disasters and conspiracy theories are available.

I'm not entirely happy with Macey but I do know he's not the only problem we have with our 9/11* man defence 🙄

*Other 9/11 disasters and conspiracy theories are available.

Macey gets the blame when we lose goals. Look at the Celtc game. He was left horribly exposed by schoolboy defending for each of the goals and that wasn't the first time it's happened.

Macey gets the blame when we lose goals. Look at the Celtc game. He was left horribly exposed by schoolboy defending for each of the goals and that wasn't the first time it's happened.

There's been a fair share of goals that have come from positions where he could claim the ball though.
Been quite critical of him vocally since the start of the season for not attempting to claim any ball delivered into the 6 yard box.

Wouldn't blame him for any against Celtic though, but other games, definitely gets some share of the blame.

Reactions: Zab
I think he's an OK keeper, but I think Marshall, and Clark for that matter - are better, and could win us more points.

I DO think Macey would benefit from a better defence in front of him of course.

To me the team doesn’t defend well as unit. It’s far too easy to break forward against this Hibs side - the forwards don’t track runners, the midfielders don’t put in much of a challenge, and the defenders are like statues for the most part - add to that we don’t stop crosses and don’t deal with the ball in the air and it’s easy to see why we concede so many soft goals. None of that is really the fault of the goalkeeper.

Macey unfairly comes in for some stick as a result of that, although he’s certainly not blameless. There doesn’t appear to be much confidence amongst defenders and goalkeeper. I remember an interview after the final league game of last season with Gray & McGregor, when asked about Marciano’s departure they said something along the lines of ‘I’m sure we’ll bring another keeper in’, Macey had already signed on to stay at that point so that wasn’t the biggest vote of confidence from two senior defenders, why I found quite telling.

I usually compare what we’ve got to other teams in the league, and in my opinion there’s at least seven clubs who have goalkeepers better than ours.

We've one of the poorest keepers in the top division. Someone told me a legendary goalkeeper in town made it clear last night he's not terribly impressed with our current number one?

Aberdeen will snap him up, it’s a cert. If the gunts didn’t have Gordon I would bet on them signing him.

Aberdeen will snap him up, it’s a cert. If the gunts didn’t have Gordon I would bet on them signing him.
I hate the lanky prick but he's the best goalkeeper in the country - and celtc just let him go. Madness

Reactions: Zab
We've one of the poorest keepers in the top division. Someone told me a legendary goalkeeper in town made it clear last night he's not terribly impressed with our current number one?
Legend or not that is utter nonsense imo. And what about our defence? I don't agree he is one of the poorest in the league. It's easy to pin the blame on a keeper but honestly most of the goals conceded he's been badly let down by the players that play in front of him every week.

Legend or not that is utter nonsense imo. And what about our defence? I don't agree he is one of the poorest in the league. It's easy to pin the blame on a keeper but honestly most of the goals conceded he's been badly let down by the players that play in front of him every week.
You could argue that its the same defence that Marciano looked more assured with the same defence in front of him.

But as I said, Macey isn't a bad keeper, IMHO - I just think we could do better.

Maybe if we replace our back 4 I'll have more faith in him

Macey is a good shot stopper...like Marciano.
He doesn't come for many crosses...like Marciano.
Marciano was pretty silent in his box...unlike Macey.

For me there's not a big difference between the two. I don't see how Macey can be blamed for our schoolboy defending this year. I'd love to know what the goalkeeping coach is telling them. Will be interesting to see if Dabrowski comes for more crosses when he gets a chance. If he doesn't then it's the coaching which needs looked at, not the keepers.

I can think of at least half the division who have a better goalkeeper than us. For a club that wants to be 3rd that's not great. The St Johnstone defence on Saturday were horrendously poor. Their goalkeeper was exceptional. They beat Dundee United at Tannadice.

I can think of at least half the division who have a better goalkeeper than us. For a club that wants to be 3rd that's not great. The St Johnstone defence on Saturday were horrendously poor. Their goalkeeper was exceptional. They beat Dundee United at Tannadice.
He wisnae half, wish we could sign him.

Totally agree, said as much earlier on this thread. For me McGregor, McLaughlin, Hart, Gordon, Lewis, Seigrist and Clark are all better than Macey. In other words every one of our main rivals and a couple of teams we should be looking to finish above have a better goalkeeper, as you say no where a club looking to finish third should be.

I can’t understand those who don’t see the difference between Macey and Marciano.

Correct

Totally agree, said as much earlier on this thread. For me McGregor, McLaughlin, Hart, Gordon, Lewis, Seigrist and Clark are all better than Macey. In other words every one of our main rivals and a couple of teams we should be looking to finish above have a better goalkeeper, as you say no where a club looking to finish third should be.

I can’t understand those who don’t see the difference between Macey and Marciano.
Nail on the head. If you lose players and replace with inferior you're not going to stand still. You're going to go backwards. I can't believe that our recruitment concluded he was the best we could get.

Nail on the head. If you lose players and replace with inferior you're not going to stand still. You're going to go backwards. I can't believe that our recruitment concluded he was the best we could get.

I can accept that we thought we could promote him to first choice.
What I can't really accept is that we brought a guy from down the divisions to come and provide "competition" to him and Kev, who isn't fancied at all.

Couldn't be further from when we brought in the likes of Adam Bogdan and wank face Cammy Bell to provide competition.

1635777146702.png

Aa ever, statistics only really tell a small part of the story.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211101-144648_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211101-144648_Samsung Internet.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 59
I think macey is a decent option as a back up keeper (as his career up to hibs shows with lack of appearances) but we should be and need to be looking for a better number 1.

Aa ever, statistics only really tell a small part of the story.
In our case it's to his credit he's kept so many with a piss poor defence in front of him or at least, a defence that is playing piss poor.

I'm sure we *could* upgrade on Macey but it's nowhere near the priority for our defence.

The priority is an assured centre half who can either push Hanlon out of the side or, as plenty of decent centre halves have done at Hibs over the last decade, provide the sort of serious competition he thrives on to up his game and stay in the side. Lewis is similar - a much better player when he's fighting for his place. It's not complacency, it's just a need for a benchmark.

I'd add the Livi keeper to that list aswell

I'm sure we *could* upgrade on Macey but it's nowhere near the priority for our defence.

The priority is an assured centre half who can either push Hanlon out of the side or, as plenty of decent centre halves have done at Hibs over the last decade, provide the sort of serious competition he thrives on to up his game and stay in the side. Lewis is similar - a much better player when he's fighting for his place. It's not complacency, it's just a need for a benchmark.
This is it for me.

I've can't think of a Macey howler that I would say is 100% his fault. I've seen our defence behave like a bunch of hyperactive children plenty of times though.

I'd add the Livi keeper to that list aswell
Imagine the state of this place if Macy had let this in for a last gasp equaliser...

Imagine the state of this place if Macy had let this in for a last gasp equaliser...

Could find blunders by most keepers 😂

I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to have a good keeper who will win you points when you are playing poorly (Hearts) - rather than merely a competent one.

This is it for me.

I've can't think of a Macey howler that I would say is 100% his fault. I've seen our defence behave like a bunch of hyperactive children plenty of times though.

He's not had a howler, but for me, the defence shouldn't have to be challenging crosses in the 6 yard box and immediate area surrounding without any help from the keeper either.

Defence has been poor, but only 4 teams have faced less shots than us in the league, (on target) so we're not actually all that bad defensively.

If he came and claimed balls in that area we'd have halved our goals against and shots faced.

He's not a bad keeper, but he's not a good one either. He's back up standard imo.

I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to have a good keeper who will win you points when you are playing poorly (Hearts) - rather than merely a competent one.

This is exactly how I see it. There’s nothing wrong with having a competent goalkeeper, but I’d rather have a good goalkeeper who can win us points.

There isn't.

I don't see Macey as particularly culpable for our current dip though.

This thread has been viewed 6221 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back