David Marshall

SUPPORT THE SITE!
November Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £30.00

Dub

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge
I'm not entirely happy with Macey but I do know he's not the only problem we have with our 9/11* man defence 🙄

*Other 9/11 disasters and conspiracy theories are available.

Macey gets the blame when we lose goals. Look at the Celtc game. He was left horribly exposed by schoolboy defending for each of the goals and that wasn't the first time it's happened.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Macey gets the blame when we lose goals. Look at the Celtc game. He was left horribly exposed by schoolboy defending for each of the goals and that wasn't the first time it's happened.

There's been a fair share of goals that have come from positions where he could claim the ball though.
Been quite critical of him vocally since the start of the season for not attempting to claim any ball delivered into the 6 yard box.

Wouldn't blame him for any against Celtic though, but other games, definitely gets some share of the blame.

Reactions: Zab

Hibees-Mad

Mad Hibees Radge
I think he's an OK keeper, but I think Marshall, and Clark for that matter - are better, and could win us more points.

I DO think Macey would benefit from a better defence in front of him of course.

Zab

Admin

To me the team doesn’t defend well as unit. It’s far too easy to break forward against this Hibs side - the forwards don’t track runners, the midfielders don’t put in much of a challenge, and the defenders are like statues for the most part - add to that we don’t stop crosses and don’t deal with the ball in the air and it’s easy to see why we concede so many soft goals. None of that is really the fault of the goalkeeper.

Macey unfairly comes in for some stick as a result of that, although he’s certainly not blameless. There doesn’t appear to be much confidence amongst defenders and goalkeeper. I remember an interview after the final league game of last season with Gray & McGregor, when asked about Marciano’s departure they said something along the lines of ‘I’m sure we’ll bring another keeper in’, Macey had already signed on to stay at that point so that wasn’t the biggest vote of confidence from two senior defenders, why I found quite telling.

I usually compare what we’ve got to other teams in the league, and in my opinion there’s at least seven clubs who have goalkeepers better than ours.

Smurf

Auld Enuff Tae Know Better This Radge
We've one of the poorest keepers in the top division. Someone told me a legendary goalkeeper in town made it clear last night he's not terribly impressed with our current number one?

AG1337

Well-Known Radge
Aberdeen will snap him up, it’s a cert. If the gunts didn’t have Gordon I would bet on them signing him.

Hibees-Mad

Mad Hibees Radge
Aberdeen will snap him up, it’s a cert. If the gunts didn’t have Gordon I would bet on them signing him.
I hate the lanky prick but he's the best goalkeeper in the country - and celtc just let him go. Madness

Reactions: Zab

MSG_07

Well-Known Radge
We've one of the poorest keepers in the top division. Someone told me a legendary goalkeeper in town made it clear last night he's not terribly impressed with our current number one?
Legend or not that is utter nonsense imo. And what about our defence? I don't agree he is one of the poorest in the league. It's easy to pin the blame on a keeper but honestly most of the goals conceded he's been badly let down by the players that play in front of him every week.

Hibees-Mad

Mad Hibees Radge
Legend or not that is utter nonsense imo. And what about our defence? I don't agree he is one of the poorest in the league. It's easy to pin the blame on a keeper but honestly most of the goals conceded he's been badly let down by the players that play in front of him every week.
You could argue that its the same defence that Marciano looked more assured with the same defence in front of him.

But as I said, Macey isn't a bad keeper, IMHO - I just think we could do better.

Maybe if we replace our back 4 I'll have more faith in him

ILHTD

New radge
Macey is a good shot stopper...like Marciano.
He doesn't come for many crosses...like Marciano.
Marciano was pretty silent in his box...unlike Macey.

For me there's not a big difference between the two. I don't see how Macey can be blamed for our schoolboy defending this year. I'd love to know what the goalkeeping coach is telling them. Will be interesting to see if Dabrowski comes for more crosses when he gets a chance. If he doesn't then it's the coaching which needs looked at, not the keepers.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here