• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Covid Passports - Aye/naw

Is the principal of a vaccine passport a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 22 44.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 42.0%
  • Yes, I would opt in

Votes: 20 40.0%
  • No, I would not opt in

Votes: 11 22.0%

• Total voters
Do you know what a conspiracy theorist is?

Believe there was one shooter in Dallas.

But 3 shots were confirmed to have been fired.

From all different angles.

People that didn't believe Lee Harvey Oswald shot JFK were labelled as conspiracy theorists.

3 shots in such a quick space of time when he loaded it each time.....is impossible.

Instead of dancing around the rabbit hole...jump down.

And see the truth of this world.
You're right about there being 3 shots from different angles..... It was those 3 b'stads, Lee, Harvey and Oswald. They'd never have been caught if it hadn't been for that tout, grassy Noel

For such a pandemic....not many people know fatalities.

What the fuck does that mean?

You are in good company Ryan. These loonies often quote Revelations 13:17 and other rubbish from the Bible.
The hideous Beast whose number is 666, and all that bunkum.

BIG G

I dont think it is a good idea. Some people for their own reasons will not get the vaccine. Does that mean they should be banned from everywhere?

I dont think it is a good idea. Some people for their own reasons will not get the vaccine. Does that mean they should be banned from everywhere?
They can still go out but have to ring a bell to warn everybody!

Im not sure I understand the passport system. At least I hope I don't.

Does it mean creating a two tier system, where those who haven't had the vaccine because they're not a priority have to live with restrictions but those who have just get back to normal?

If so, we've reached peak boomer selfishness. I mean seriously, deliberately creating a segregated society is genuinely being contemplated?

It's not an experimental vaccine. It's passed all its tests in an increasing number of countries.

How do you feel about needing vaccines to enter certain countries?

That's been going on for decades. How come that's not covered?
I'd say its all experimental currently, there is still no evidence what the long term effects are, it also looks like on top of the second dose there's going to be another vaccine by August/October to cover other strains, thr problem being is the virus is still mutating majorly.

Im not sure I understand the passport system. At least I hope I don't.

Does it mean creating a two tier system, where those who haven't had the vaccine because they're not a priority have to live with restrictions but those who have just get back to normal?

If so, we've reached peak boomer selfishness. I mean seriously, deliberately creating a segregated society is genuinely being contemplated?
That’s not what Jack is suggesting. He specifically cited the Israeli scheme because they have almost all of the Jewish population vaccinated.

So, if everyone in the UK is offered the chance to get the vaccine then there is no ‘2 tier system’ other than

Tier 1: people who accept the evidence that Covid 19 is highly contagious and without the vaccine kills a fairly high proportion of vulnerable people so it’s kinda the decent / sensible thing to get a vaccine that is something like 95% effective at preventing infection and 99% effective at reducing severity of illness in the 5% that do still get infected.

Tier 2: folk that think that the moon landings are a hoax, that Sandy Hook was a hoax, and that Covid is a hoax and it’s all just so that the reptiles from whatever the fuck planet they are meant to be from can set up a pedo ring based underneath a pizza shop.

Seriously if the governments of the world were even 1% as smart as they’d have to be to coordinate all the conspiracy bullshit folk like Ryan believe then why the hell would they waste anytime with the fools they supposedly spend all that time trying to trick.

That’s not what Jack is suggesting. He specifically cited the Israeli scheme because they have almost all of the Jewish population vaccinated.

So, if everyone in the UK is offered the chance to get the vaccine then there is no ‘2 tier system’ other than

Tier 1: people who accept the evidence that Covid 19 is highly contagious and without the vaccine kills a fairly high proportion of vulnerable people so it’s kinda the decent / sensible thing to get a vaccine that is something like 95% effective at preventing infection and 99% effective at reducing severity of illness in the 5% that do still get infected.

Tier 2: folk that think that the moon landings are a hoax, that Sandy Hook was a hoax, and that Covid is a hoax and it’s all just so that the reptiles from whatever the fuck planet they are meant to be from can set up a pedo ring based underneath a pizza shop.

Seriously if the governments of the world were even 1% as smart as they’d have to be to coordinate all the conspiracy bullshit folk like Ryan believe then why the hell would they waste anytime with the fools they supposedly spend all that time trying to trick.

If that's the only purpose then it's a massive waste of effort. The amount of actual antivaxxers is overestimated by most due to social media noise, in this country at least.

In general, I'm concerned that people think the vaccine solves everything and passports may encourage this thinking. Once everyone is vaccinated in the UK, the problem doesn't fully go away necessarily.

Unless they refuse for medical reasons then yep

Unless they refuse for medical reasons then yep
pretty authoritarian people have different reasons and as far as I can see the will be around a 05% take up. If a few people have their reasons then it is them who risk getting the virus. But if that is represented through the world the virus would pretty much be eradicated anyway

If that's the only purpose then it's a massive waste of effort. The amount of actual antivaxxers is overestimated by most due to social media noise, in this country at least.

In general, I'm concerned that people think the vaccine solves everything and passports may encourage this thinking. Once everyone is vaccinated in the UK, the problem doesn't fully go away necessarily.
Don’t understand what your first sentence really means but the rest are good points that should be considered. It’s kinda like seat belts and smoking bans. When I a kid very few bothered with seat belts and folk smoked everywhere.

Changing the laws have massively reduced the risks but people do still die in car crashes and folk still get Copd even if they never smoked. Does that mean the laws were pointless? No. We still need to drive carefully just aswe still would need to do other things to lower the chance of catching / spreading Covid once we’ve been vaccinated.

24% of the staff at my work, a place that has been ravaged by Covid, did not take the vaccine when we were offered it January. Yes I live in America where religion and craziness is stronger in influence than the UK but I’m guessing by the fact the UK recently voted Tory, Tory/UKIP, Brexit, Tory in that order then there’s gonna be a fairly high number of vaccine refusniks as well.

pretty authoritarian people have different reasons and as far as I can see the will be around a 05% take up. If a few people have their reasons then it is them who risk getting the virus. But if that is represented through the world the virus would pretty much be eradicated anyway
The thing is Davy the vaccination doesnt stop you catching the virus it reduces the risk of catching it and causing serious illness and death so if I have the vaccine and bump into some selfish twat who wont have it I can still catch it ,feel like shit and have to take time off work or if you're on a plane off on your holybobs and somebody gets on who hasn't had the vaccine you could spend your fortnight in the sun in bed feeling like shit. I just dont get that people who can have it wont

Don’t understand what your first sentence really means but the rest are good points that should be considered. It’s kinda like seat belts and smoking bans. When I a kid very few bothered with seat belts and folk smoked everywhere.

Changing the laws have massively reduced the risks but people do still die in car crashes and folk still get Copd even if they never smoked. Does that mean the laws were pointless? No. We still need to drive carefully just aswe still would need to do other things to lower the chance of catching / spreading Covid once we’ve been vaccinated.

24% of the staff at my work, a place that has been ravaged by Covid, did not take the vaccine when we were offered it January. Yes I live in America where religion and craziness is stronger in influence than the UK but I’m guessing by the fact the UK recently voted Tory, Tory/UKIP, Brexit, Tory in that order then there’s gonna be a fairly high number of vaccine refusniks as well.

First sentence - administering a passport system for a whole country is a difficult and expensive way to get a small percentage of conspiracy nuts to take a vaccine.

My point is that rather than doing that we'd be better trying to eliminate the virus and everyone can have their lives back. The antivax crew might be idiots but I don't think punishing them helps.

I think the uptake here and even down south has been high. I know for the older age groups it's been in the high 90%s. I think there are difficulties among certain demographics and ethnic groups but overall the numbers refusing it are pretty small, although it's hard to find exact figures.

The thing is Davy the vaccination doesnt stop you catching the virus it reduces the risk of catching it and causing serious illness and death so if I have the vaccine and bump into some selfish twat who wont have it I can still catch it ,feel like shit and have to take time off work or if you're on a plane off on your holybobs and somebody gets on who hasn't had the vaccine you could spend your fortnight in the sun in bed feeling like shit. I just dont get that people who can have it wont

I understand what you mean and I get my 2nd vaccine next week so I'm def not an anti-vaccir. But I know some people who are. Ine still cant get his head around using dna from aborted fetuses at the start of the trials. Others just aren't yet convinced the vaccine is safe as there hasn't been enough time passed. I still believe in freedom of choice so dont judge them.

As it happens my Mother enlisted me as a newborn for the then new measles injection trials back in the 60s and I got letters every year. That was also a risk. Later I took part in various clinical studies for hard cash. Guess you could say my body is just for sale ?

Last edited:
From being generally dismissed it seems vaccine passports are back in the news. Both NS and the dumb blond being quizzed about them today responded along the lines its something that will be considered but there's ethical and moral issues.

From being generally dismissed it seems vaccine passports are back in the news. Both NS and the dumb blond being quizzed about them today responded along the lines its something that will be considered but there's ethical and moral issues.

I don't think they will go for it.

Its an absolute minefield of every social, moral and liberal problem you could think of

Do you know what a conspiracy theorist is?

Believe there was one shooter in Dallas.

But 3 shots were confirmed to have been fired.

From all different angles.

People that didn't believe Lee Harvey Oswald shot JFK were labelled as conspiracy theorists.

3 shots in such a quick space of time when he loaded it each time.....is impossible.

Instead of dancing around the rabbit hole...jump down.

And see the truth of this world.
The film JFK was the biggest waist of two hours I've ever spent in a cinema.

It's the slippery slope towards ID cards.It's a nope from me.

I don't really understand this argument.
Most of us have phones, and use our debit card all the time.
Whoever cares, knows where we are, what we spend , where and what on. I daresay they can see what we are up to on our browsers.
Unless we are up to much badness, I can't see who would be interested. By the same token , those that want to cause us or our loved ones harm, are more likely to get caught.

Explains why it belly-flopped at the Oxters

Possibly for it with respect to international travel, I have to show my yellow fever certificate when I visit some West African countries. I guess this would work similarly when travelling to nations where Covid is still prevalent.

Not up for it with respect to going about our day-to-day lives in the U.K.

There's so many things now where you have to provide ID ,proof of address etc that a vaccination ID shouldnt be too much of a hassle. I suppose if they were that interested the powers that be could find out exactly what I'm texting now.
I think if people think they'll be disadvantaged by not having it more people will take up the vaccine which is good for the health of the greater community.

I don't really understand this argument.
Most of us have phones, and use our debit card all the time.
Whoever cares, knows where we are, what we spend , where and what on. I daresay they can see what we are up to on our browsers.
Unless we are up to much badness, I can't see who would be interested. By the same token , those that want to cause us or our loved ones harm, are more likely to get caught.
Yeah because I.D .cards are going to stop Combat 18 and Isis.

There's so many things now where you have to provide ID ,proof of address etc that a vaccination ID shouldnt be too much of a hassle. I suppose if they were that interested the powers that be could find out exactly what I'm texting now.
I think if people think they'll be disadvantaged by not having it more people will take up the vaccine which is good for the health of the greater community.
So coercion, more subtle than pointing a gun at ones head.

Yeah because I.D .cards are going to stop Combat 18 and Isis.
So how would I.D. cards effect our liberties?
Genuinely interested in your thoughts. I can't see the problem, or at least I think the good out weighs the bad.

For me, the "you have to get a yellow fever jag for some countries" is somewhat of a poor comparison. If you want a yellow fever jab, you can just go and get one whenever you want. But under no circumstances should we be creating a divide when some people may want the jag but not be able to get it yet.

After it is available to all if they want it, okay, you might have a case. But until such times as everyone has a free choice, it should be absolutely off the table.

A no to passports from me. Getting the vaccination is a personal choice and to bring in Government legislation on the back of whether you have the vaccine or not, on how you can live your life in just a nonsense.

If people choose not to take it because they dont want to then me and my wife choose not to pay more tax (as i expect will happen) as we didn't benefit from furlow at any time . Anyone not wanting to take this vaccine unless on medical grounds are potentially risking the lives of others for no reason than "they don't want to be told to" etc

If people choose not to take it because they dont want to then me and my wife choose not to pay more tax (as i expect will happen) as we didn't benefit from furlow at any time . Anyone not wanting to take this vaccine unless on medical grounds are potentially risking the lives of others for no reason than "they don't want to be told to" etc
Selfish bastards.

For me, the "you have to get a yellow fever jag for some countries" is somewhat of a poor comparison. If you want a yellow fever jab, you can just go and get one whenever you want. But under no circumstances should we be creating a divide when some people may want the jag but not be able to get it yet.

After it is available to all if they want it, okay, you might have a case. But until such times as everyone has a free choice, it should be absolutely off the table.
It wasn’t a poor comparison at all, if I want to travel to Nigeria, Gabon, Chad etc I need to have had my yellow fever jab. There is no choice. Similarly, I wouldn’t have a problem with requiring a covid jab for travel to nations where covid is still prevalent. The choice, as with the yellow fever jab, would be: travel or don’t travel.

It wasn’t a poor comparison at all, if I want to travel to Nigeria, Gabon, Chad etc I need to have had my yellow fever jab. There is no choice. Similarly, I wouldn’t have a problem with requiring a covid jab for travel to nations where covid is still prevalent. The choice, as with the yellow fever jab, would be: travel or don’t travel.
You missed his point

Not quite on message with this thread but it looks as though the EU will be introducing a covid travel passport which will allow freedom of travel within the member states. Holiday countries are looking for this to be introduced as soon as possible obviously.

Travelers from third party countries, like the UK, will need them to enter the EU. While the holiday countries also want this ASAP it might not come as early as the within the EU introduction.

As @Hattie has rightly pointed out, you've completely missed my point.

As @Hattie has rightly pointed out, you've completely missed my point.
Apparently so. So you would be in favour of Covid passports for some international travel then?

Apparently so. So you would be in favour of Covid passports for some international travel then?
Read my post again, you'll find my position is perfectly clear.

Lots of media outlets leaking that Boris Prince of Thieves has suggested pubs may be allowed to ask for proof of vaccination or a clear test.

You know if pubs do it so will other places, maybe gyms and the like, will follow suit.

Airlines and countries are already demanding similar.

I don't disagree with the overall aim although if they're going to introduce this then just be honest and open about it and call the documents what they essentially are - covid passports.

We need something, 1 thing, that globally accepted.

Here's an idea! Could a credit card reader be adapted to confirm you've had the jab? Readily available in millions of outlets around world, small handheld versions cheap and readily available.

Tap and go!

How would you get a Covid passport ?

How would you get a Covid passport ?
Ebay.

This thread has been viewed 12673 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back