Covid Passports - Aye/naw

Is the principal of a vaccine passport a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 22 44.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 42.0%
  • Yes, I would opt in

Votes: 20 40.0%
  • No, I would not opt in

Votes: 11 22.0%

• Total voters

tayside hibee

Well-Known Radge
It's the slippery slope towards ID cards.It's a nope from me.
I don't really understand this argument.
Most of us have phones, and use our debit card all the time.
Whoever cares, knows where we are, what we spend , where and what on. I daresay they can see what we are up to on our browsers.
Unless we are up to much badness, I can't see who would be interested. By the same token , those that want to cause us or our loved ones harm, are more likely to get caught.

Hibee Kev

Well-Known Radge
Possibly for it with respect to international travel, I have to show my yellow fever certificate when I visit some West African countries. I guess this would work similarly when travelling to nations where Covid is still prevalent.

Not up for it with respect to going about our day-to-day lives in the U.K.

paigntonhibby

Well-Known Radge
It's the slippery slope towards ID cards.It's a nope from me.
There's so many things now where you have to provide ID ,proof of address etc that a vaccination ID shouldnt be too much of a hassle. I suppose if they were that interested the powers that be could find out exactly what I'm texting now.
I think if people think they'll be disadvantaged by not having it more people will take up the vaccine which is good for the health of the greater community.

moathibby

Legendary Radge
I don't really understand this argument.
Most of us have phones, and use our debit card all the time.
Whoever cares, knows where we are, what we spend , where and what on. I daresay they can see what we are up to on our browsers.
Unless we are up to much badness, I can't see who would be interested. By the same token , those that want to cause us or our loved ones harm, are more likely to get caught.
Yeah because I.D .cards are going to stop Combat 18 and Isis.

moathibby

Legendary Radge
There's so many things now where you have to provide ID ,proof of address etc that a vaccination ID shouldnt be too much of a hassle. I suppose if they were that interested the powers that be could find out exactly what I'm texting now.
I think if people think they'll be disadvantaged by not having it more people will take up the vaccine which is good for the health of the greater community.
So coercion, more subtle than pointing a gun at ones head.

aggie

Justified Radge
For me, the "you have to get a yellow fever jag for some countries" is somewhat of a poor comparison. If you want a yellow fever jab, you can just go and get one whenever you want. But under no circumstances should we be creating a divide when some people may want the jag but not be able to get it yet.

After it is available to all if they want it, okay, you might have a case. But until such times as everyone has a free choice, it should be absolutely off the table.

NGP

A message to you, radge
A no to passports from me. Getting the vaccination is a personal choice and to bring in Government legislation on the back of whether you have the vaccine or not, on how you can live your life in just a nonsense.

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
If people choose not to take it because they dont want to then me and my wife choose not to pay more tax (as i expect will happen) as we didn't benefit from furlow at any time . Anyone not wanting to take this vaccine unless on medical grounds are potentially risking the lives of others for no reason than "they don't want to be told to" etc

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
If people choose not to take it because they dont want to then me and my wife choose not to pay more tax (as i expect will happen) as we didn't benefit from furlow at any time . Anyone not wanting to take this vaccine unless on medical grounds are potentially risking the lives of others for no reason than "they don't want to be told to" etc
Selfish bastards.

Hibee Kev

Well-Known Radge
For me, the "you have to get a yellow fever jag for some countries" is somewhat of a poor comparison. If you want a yellow fever jab, you can just go and get one whenever you want. But under no circumstances should we be creating a divide when some people may want the jag but not be able to get it yet.

After it is available to all if they want it, okay, you might have a case. But until such times as everyone has a free choice, it should be absolutely off the table.
It wasn’t a poor comparison at all, if I want to travel to Nigeria, Gabon, Chad etc I need to have had my yellow fever jab. There is no choice. Similarly, I wouldn’t have a problem with requiring a covid jab for travel to nations where covid is still prevalent. The choice, as with the yellow fever jab, would be: travel or don’t travel.

Hattie

Donator
It wasn’t a poor comparison at all, if I want to travel to Nigeria, Gabon, Chad etc I need to have had my yellow fever jab. There is no choice. Similarly, I wouldn’t have a problem with requiring a covid jab for travel to nations where covid is still prevalent. The choice, as with the yellow fever jab, would be: travel or don’t travel.
You missed his point

Jack

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Not quite on message with this thread but it looks as though the EU will be introducing a covid travel passport which will allow freedom of travel within the member states. Holiday countries are looking for this to be introduced as soon as possible obviously.

Travelers from third party countries, like the UK, will need them to enter the EU. While the holiday countries also want this ASAP it might not come as early as the within the EU introduction.

aggie

Justified Radge
As @Hattie has rightly pointed out, you've completely missed my point.

Jack

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Lots of media outlets leaking that Boris Prince of Thieves has suggested pubs may be allowed to ask for proof of vaccination or a clear test.

You know if pubs do it so will other places, maybe gyms and the like, will follow suit.

Airlines and countries are already demanding similar.

I don't disagree with the overall aim although if they're going to introduce this then just be honest and open about it and call the documents what they essentially are - covid passports.

We need something, 1 thing, that globally accepted.

Here's an idea! Could a credit card reader be adapted to confirm you've had the jab? Readily available in millions of outlets around world, small handheld versions cheap and readily available.

Tap and go!

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage
SUPPORT THE SITE!
April Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £40.00