Covid Passports - Aye/naw

Is the principal of a vaccine passport a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • No

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • Yes, I would opt in

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • No, I would not opt in

Votes: 9 25.0%

• Total voters

Hectorhib

Just A Radge
Do you know what a conspiracy theorist is?

Believe there was one shooter in Dallas.

But 3 shots were confirmed to have been fired.

From all different angles.

People that didn't believe Lee Harvey Oswald shot JFK were labelled as conspiracy theorists.

3 shots in such a quick space of time when he loaded it each time.....is impossible.

Instead of dancing around the rabbit hole...jump down.

And see the truth of this world.
You're right about there being 3 shots from different angles..... It was those 3 b'stads, Lee, Harvey and Oswald. They'd never have been caught if it hadn't been for that tout, grassy Noel

You are in good company Ryan. These loonies often quote Revelations 13:17 and other rubbish from the Bible.
The hideous Beast whose number is 666, and all that bunkum.

BIG G

Davy

get off yer bum an sing radge
I dont think it is a good idea. Some people for their own reasons will not get the vaccine. Does that mean they should be banned from everywhere?

hibadelic

Radge-a-Casblanca
Im not sure I understand the passport system. At least I hope I don't.

Does it mean creating a two tier system, where those who haven't had the vaccine because they're not a priority have to live with restrictions but those who have just get back to normal?

If so, we've reached peak boomer selfishness. I mean seriously, deliberately creating a segregated society is genuinely being contemplated?

bigmanandy

Legendary Radge
It's not an experimental vaccine. It's passed all its tests in an increasing number of countries.

How do you feel about needing vaccines to enter certain countries?

That's been going on for decades. How come that's not covered?
I'd say its all experimental currently, there is still no evidence what the long term effects are, it also looks like on top of the second dose there's going to be another vaccine by August/October to cover other strains, thr problem being is the virus is still mutating majorly.

vasco de gama

Well-Known Radge
Im not sure I understand the passport system. At least I hope I don't.

Does it mean creating a two tier system, where those who haven't had the vaccine because they're not a priority have to live with restrictions but those who have just get back to normal?

If so, we've reached peak boomer selfishness. I mean seriously, deliberately creating a segregated society is genuinely being contemplated?
That’s not what Jack is suggesting. He specifically cited the Israeli scheme because they have almost all of the Jewish population vaccinated.

So, if everyone in the UK is offered the chance to get the vaccine then there is no ‘2 tier system’ other than

Tier 1: people who accept the evidence that Covid 19 is highly contagious and without the vaccine kills a fairly high proportion of vulnerable people so it’s kinda the decent / sensible thing to get a vaccine that is something like 95% effective at preventing infection and 99% effective at reducing severity of illness in the 5% that do still get infected.

Tier 2: folk that think that the moon landings are a hoax, that Sandy Hook was a hoax, and that Covid is a hoax and it’s all just so that the reptiles from whatever the fuck planet they are meant to be from can set up a pedo ring based underneath a pizza shop.

Seriously if the governments of the world were even 1% as smart as they’d have to be to coordinate all the conspiracy bullshit folk like Ryan believe then why the hell would they waste anytime with the fools they supposedly spend all that time trying to trick.

hibadelic

Radge-a-Casblanca
That’s not what Jack is suggesting. He specifically cited the Israeli scheme because they have almost all of the Jewish population vaccinated.

So, if everyone in the UK is offered the chance to get the vaccine then there is no ‘2 tier system’ other than

Tier 1: people who accept the evidence that Covid 19 is highly contagious and without the vaccine kills a fairly high proportion of vulnerable people so it’s kinda the decent / sensible thing to get a vaccine that is something like 95% effective at preventing infection and 99% effective at reducing severity of illness in the 5% that do still get infected.

Tier 2: folk that think that the moon landings are a hoax, that Sandy Hook was a hoax, and that Covid is a hoax and it’s all just so that the reptiles from whatever the fuck planet they are meant to be from can set up a pedo ring based underneath a pizza shop.

Seriously if the governments of the world were even 1% as smart as they’d have to be to coordinate all the conspiracy bullshit folk like Ryan believe then why the hell would they waste anytime with the fools they supposedly spend all that time trying to trick.

If that's the only purpose then it's a massive waste of effort. The amount of actual antivaxxers is overestimated by most due to social media noise, in this country at least.

In general, I'm concerned that people think the vaccine solves everything and passports may encourage this thinking. Once everyone is vaccinated in the UK, the problem doesn't fully go away necessarily.

Davy

Unless they refuse for medical reasons then yep
pretty authoritarian people have different reasons and as far as I can see the will be around a 05% take up. If a few people have their reasons then it is them who risk getting the virus. But if that is represented through the world the virus would pretty much be eradicated anyway

vasco de gama

Well-Known Radge
If that's the only purpose then it's a massive waste of effort. The amount of actual antivaxxers is overestimated by most due to social media noise, in this country at least.

In general, I'm concerned that people think the vaccine solves everything and passports may encourage this thinking. Once everyone is vaccinated in the UK, the problem doesn't fully go away necessarily.
Don’t understand what your first sentence really means but the rest are good points that should be considered. It’s kinda like seat belts and smoking bans. When I a kid very few bothered with seat belts and folk smoked everywhere.

Changing the laws have massively reduced the risks but people do still die in car crashes and folk still get Copd even if they never smoked. Does that mean the laws were pointless? No. We still need to drive carefully just aswe still would need to do other things to lower the chance of catching / spreading Covid once we’ve been vaccinated.

24% of the staff at my work, a place that has been ravaged by Covid, did not take the vaccine when we were offered it January. Yes I live in America where religion and craziness is stronger in influence than the UK but I’m guessing by the fact the UK recently voted Tory, Tory/UKIP, Brexit, Tory in that order then there’s gonna be a fairly high number of vaccine refusniks as well.

paigntonhibby

Well-Known Radge
pretty authoritarian people have different reasons and as far as I can see the will be around a 05% take up. If a few people have their reasons then it is them who risk getting the virus. But if that is represented through the world the virus would pretty much be eradicated anyway
The thing is Davy the vaccination doesnt stop you catching the virus it reduces the risk of catching it and causing serious illness and death so if I have the vaccine and bump into some selfish twat who wont have it I can still catch it ,feel like shit and have to take time off work or if you're on a plane off on your holybobs and somebody gets on who hasn't had the vaccine you could spend your fortnight in the sun in bed feeling like shit. I just dont get that people who can have it wont

hibadelic

Radge-a-Casblanca
Don’t understand what your first sentence really means but the rest are good points that should be considered. It’s kinda like seat belts and smoking bans. When I a kid very few bothered with seat belts and folk smoked everywhere.

Changing the laws have massively reduced the risks but people do still die in car crashes and folk still get Copd even if they never smoked. Does that mean the laws were pointless? No. We still need to drive carefully just aswe still would need to do other things to lower the chance of catching / spreading Covid once we’ve been vaccinated.

24% of the staff at my work, a place that has been ravaged by Covid, did not take the vaccine when we were offered it January. Yes I live in America where religion and craziness is stronger in influence than the UK but I’m guessing by the fact the UK recently voted Tory, Tory/UKIP, Brexit, Tory in that order then there’s gonna be a fairly high number of vaccine refusniks as well.

First sentence - administering a passport system for a whole country is a difficult and expensive way to get a small percentage of conspiracy nuts to take a vaccine.

My point is that rather than doing that we'd be better trying to eliminate the virus and everyone can have their lives back. The antivax crew might be idiots but I don't think punishing them helps.

I think the uptake here and even down south has been high. I know for the older age groups it's been in the high 90%s. I think there are difficulties among certain demographics and ethnic groups but overall the numbers refusing it are pretty small, although it's hard to find exact figures.

Davy

The thing is Davy the vaccination doesnt stop you catching the virus it reduces the risk of catching it and causing serious illness and death so if I have the vaccine and bump into some selfish twat who wont have it I can still catch it ,feel like shit and have to take time off work or if you're on a plane off on your holybobs and somebody gets on who hasn't had the vaccine you could spend your fortnight in the sun in bed feeling like shit. I just dont get that people who can have it wont

I understand what you mean and I get my 2nd vaccine next week so I'm def not an anti-vaccir. But I know some people who are. Ine still cant get his head around using dna from aborted fetuses at the start of the trials. Others just aren't yet convinced the vaccine is safe as there hasn't been enough time passed. I still believe in freedom of choice so dont judge them.

As it happens my Mother enlisted me as a newborn for the then new measles injection trials back in the 60s and I got letters every year. That was also a risk. Later I took part in various clinical studies for hard cash. Guess you could say my body is just for sale ?

Last edited:

Jack

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
From being generally dismissed it seems vaccine passports are back in the news. Both NS and the dumb blond being quizzed about them today responded along the lines its something that will be considered but there's ethical and moral issues.

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
From being generally dismissed it seems vaccine passports are back in the news. Both NS and the dumb blond being quizzed about them today responded along the lines its something that will be considered but there's ethical and moral issues.

I don't think they will go for it.

moathibby

Legendary Radge
Do you know what a conspiracy theorist is?

Believe there was one shooter in Dallas.

But 3 shots were confirmed to have been fired.

From all different angles.

People that didn't believe Lee Harvey Oswald shot JFK were labelled as conspiracy theorists.

3 shots in such a quick space of time when he loaded it each time.....is impossible.

Instead of dancing around the rabbit hole...jump down.

And see the truth of this world.
The film JFK was the biggest waist of two hours I've ever spent in a cinema.

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage
SUPPORT THE SITE!
March Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £00.00

Unread Posts