• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Covid -19 Graphs Scotland

Where do you get this graph from, Jack

Where do you get this graph from, Jack
Here is a link they provide to join up. All the info you would like to know about them is there.

Help slow the spread of #COVID19 and identify at risk cases sooner by self-reporting your symptoms daily, even if you feel well ?. Download the app COVID Symptom Study - Help slow the spread of COVID-19

Here is a link they provide to join up. All the info you would like to know about them is there.

Help slow the spread of #COVID19 and identify at risk cases sooner by self-reporting your symptoms daily, even if you feel well ?. Download the app COVID Symptom Study - Help slow the spread of COVID-19
Ta

Screenshot_20201011-153119_COVID Symptom Study.jpg

Screenshot_20201012-115151_COVID Symptom Study.jpg

Screenshot_20201013-142033_COVID Symptom Study.jpg

Screenshot_20201014-123748_COVID Symptom Study.jpg

Screenshot_20201015-114238_COVID Symptom Study.jpg

Screenshot_20201016-133907_COVID Symptom Study.jpg

Ouch!

Screenshot_20201017-114220_COVID Symptom Study.jpg

Going in the wrong direction every day. I just came back from the weekly shop, folk just ignore the distancing rules and the amount of fucking noses sticking out above masks is mental.

Going in the wrong direction every day. I just came back from the weekly shop, folk just ignore the distancing rules and the amount of fucking noses sticking out above masks is mental.
The noses out crowd get on my fucking goat.

Screenshot_20201018-123056_COVID Symptom Study.jpg

Screenshot_20201019-122934_COVID Symptom Study.jpg

Screenshot_20201020-130201_COVID Symptom Study.jpg

That's positive giving Tuesday's are often days where spikes are recorded?

That's positive giving Tuesday's are often days where spikes are recorded?
Not looking good in our neck of the woods. St J pretty busy with Covid and having to open another dedicated ward.

Not looking good in our neck of the woods. St J pretty busy with Covid and having to open another dedicated ward.

I have the app Jack has for our area, 1533 active cases in our area today.

A wee change of format here.
Screenshot_20201021-122809_COVID Symptom Study.jpg

Screenshot_20201022-125924_COVID Symptom Study.jpg

Screenshot_20201023-152511_COVID Symptom Study.jpg

Where are you getting this from Jack. According to travellingtabby.com Edinburgh covid cases are up 478 in the last 7 days.

Here @Dub.

Thanks. Not sure why the info shoul dbe so dramatically different.

Thanks. Not sure why the info shoul dbe so dramatically different.
The Tabby takes the official figures while the one I'm posting is one where individuals are self reporting. I suspect statisticians then get a hold of it and extrapolate the figures produced - although I don't know that as fact.

Going back through the thread you'll see we've discussed the issues with that.

The ups and downs have been fairly consistent with the official figures, sometimes even a wee bit ahead.

It's just another look at whats happening away from the official figures but backed by organisations with a pretty good rep so I'm content they're a fair reflection of whats happening.

The Tabby takes the official figures while the one I'm posting is one where individuals are self reporting. I suspect statisticians then get a hold of it and extrapolate the figures produced - although I don't know that as fact.

Going back through the thread you'll see we've discussed the issues with that.

The ups and downs have been fairly consistent with the official figures, sometimes even a wee bit ahead.

It's just another look at whats happening away from the official figures but backed by organisations with a pretty good rep so I'm content they're a fair reflection of whats happening.
I looked into their calculation methodology, couple of key points with what they report:
- a maximum of 2% of the Edinburgh population use that app (probably half that I'd guess) so relatively small numbers of positives reported in the app will have a big effect. You can probably assume each positive test reported in the app translates to around 100 cases on that chart. That doesn't mean it's wrong, just that it'll be more volatile.
- the chart is showing active cases (i.e. how many people are currently infected) as opposed to new cases, and they're assuming that the average length of time people are infectious for is 13 days. So there'll be a fair old lag between new cases turning the corner and that chart starting to come down.

Screenshot_20201024-120009_COVID Symptom Study.jpg

CC5C9EAD-CCBB-40D8-8950-A68D9CEDAFA6.jpeg
This graph might give a good indication to where each Local Authority/Healthboard in the central belt will be heading into tier-wise in just over a week.

Screenshot_20201025-102151_COVID Symptom Study.jpg

Screenshot_20201026-125602_COVID Symptom Study.jpg

Screenshot_20201027-132628_COVID Symptom Study.jpg

@Jack are we to take from these figures that the latest Covid restrictions are having little to no effect? Or would the acceleration in the number of Covid cases be far higher without these restrictions? Or are we still in the "lag phase" where the positive effects of the restrictions implemented on the 9th of October are still to be fully realised? :102:

@Jack are we to take from these figures that the latest Covid restrictions are having little to no effect? Or would the acceleration in the number of Covid cases be far higher without these restrictions? Or are we still in the "lag phase" where the positive effects of the restrictions implemented on the 9th of October are still to be fully realised? :102:
I think they're having a huge effect. Looking around Europe and beyond numbers are rocketing. At least we seem to be keeping a lid on it (ish) for now. 400,000 new cases the other day worldwide.

Scotland seems to be quite diverse with the numbers though but wouldn't take much for it to go tits up.

I don't think our tier system goes far enough.

Around the world yesterday there was an increase of 459,003 cases.
Screenshot_20201028-125447_COVID Symptom Study.jpg

Screenshot_20201029-114450_COVID Symptom Study.jpg

Screenshot_20201030-102453_COVID Symptom Study.jpg

Yesterday
World
Europe
UK
Scotland
+574,616
+299,925
+46,229
+1,281​
Screenshot_20201031-122843_COVID Symptom Study.jpg

I'm not sure I'll do all these figures again as it may lead to confusion around what the official numbers are and the wee graph I use. As far as I can make out yesterday's official figure for Edinburgh was 87.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20201101-123952_COVID Symptom Study.jpg

This thread has been viewed 169024 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back