Covid -19 Graphs Scotland

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
Anyone qualified to suggest where we go from here?

Interesting bit of chat on one of my WhatsApp groups that we are very close to being back to normal. I can't see it myself.

Jack

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Anyone qualified to suggest where we go from here?

Interesting bit of chat on one of my WhatsApp groups that we are very close to being back to normal. I can't see it myself.
Probably not. The experts from the Spanish Flu are long dead! It did leave us a graph though that has been pretty much replicated by endemics/pandemics since. Spanish Flu faded out about a year or so after the second wave.

I was involved with the Scottish Government response for the last near miss, H1N1, it just fizzled out but it did leave a graph! That one, although with many fewer deaths, lasted about 18/24 months after the second wave.

I suspect the bigger picture will be in 2 parts.

1. How we, the UK, moves on being relatively covid free at the moment. Cautiously opening up if we're smart. The high numbers up north just now or last autumn nationwide serves as a warning how easily this can still go wrong.

2. How the rest of the world copes. I might suggest the high point of the second wave was January although there wasn't such a pronounced dip between then and now so we might still be in the second wave. The period we're in now is still very high numbers and the third wave is generally very small. We're at a confusing part of the graph, vaccine effect causing lower than expected numbers; India being assholes causing higher than expected numbers????

Until its under control around the world we are vulnerable. Restricting international travel is key, in my opinion.

HibsSM1979

Just A Radge
Just reading of a surge in the Indian variant in this country. Prophets of doom and gloom coming out predicting more lockdowns. Tired of it all

Greenmachine

Just reading of a surge in the Indian variant in this country. Prophets of doom and gloom coming out predicting more lockdowns. Tired of it all
I don't think there will be another national lockdown.

There will definitely be spikes in infections and another wave of Covid later on in the year, but the vaccines will be be upgraded to cope with whatever new variants come along, and there will continue to be better treatments developed to stop people getting really ill and having to be hospitalised.

HibsSM1979

Just A Radge
I don't think there will be another national lockdown.

There will definitely be spikes in infections and another wave of Covid later on in the year, but the vaccines will be be upgraded to cope with whatever new variants come along, and there will continue to be better treatments developed to stop people getting really ill and having to be hospitalised.
Aye think you are right mate and I think I’ll have to stay away from reading about it in the media cos it’s all catastrophic and doom. No wonder people are struggling. The media are part of that.

Rocky

Well-Known Radge
The vaccines seem to be effective against that variant too, I don't think it's a big deal. We just need to ca' canny for another 4-6 weeks and we should be pretty much home and dry imo. I'd keep international travel near as dammit shut down for the rest of the year but other than that I reckon back to normal by August.

HibsSM1979

Just A Radge
The vaccines seem to be effective against that variant too, I don't think it's a big deal. We just need to ca' canny for another 4-6 weeks and we should be pretty much home and dry imo. I'd keep international travel near as dammit shut down for the rest of the year but other than that I reckon back to normal by August.

agreed. I love travel and going abroad but still think it has risks. Prepared to can it this year

Greenmachine

Hoping to go the the states next year.
Really hoping by that time I can do that without having to take a test, self-isolate, quarantine or wear a face mask for six hours.

Jack

Screenshot_20210512-131153_COVID Symptom Study.jpg

YESTERDAY.

Didn't upload for some reason, I probably forgot to hit the button!

Today's isn't available yet.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here