Covid -19 Graphs Scotland

Rocky

Bounce Radge
I guess you are right. I don't understand where the numbers come from though. Say the positivity rate is 5% and 4,000 new cases are reported daily in the UK, that indicates 80,000 people have been tested, yet the daily figures on the gov.uk covid site claim over 200,000 tests currently processed daily
They're doing something which I think is slightly odd in calculating the positivity rate. They're only using "people newly tested" as the denominator. So if someone gets tested today but was also tested three months ago, they wouldn't be included in the positivity rate calculation. I guess I kind of get it, because you maybe don't want to include health care staff, for example, who are tested every week. I can't remember the exact numbers but the other day it was something like 300 positive cases, 6,500 people newly tested, 24,000 tests. So that makes the reported positivity rate 4.6% (300 / 6,500). Basing it on the total tests would be 1.2%. I suspect the answer is somewhere in the middle.

Jack

Bounce Radge
It is WHO that have said keeping the rate below 5% is a good thing. I can only imagine its them who say how that is calculated. Because its standardised it will make comparisons across countries more accurate therefore giving each country a reliable indicator as to how they are doing.

WillieWilson

Bounce Radge
They're doing something which I think is slightly odd in calculating the positivity rate. They're only using "people newly tested" as the denominator. So if someone gets tested today but was also tested three months ago, they wouldn't be included in the positivity rate calculation. I guess I kind of get it, because you maybe don't want to include health care staff, for example, who are tested every week. I can't remember the exact numbers but the other day it was something like 300 positive cases, 6,500 people newly tested, 24,000 tests. So that makes the reported positivity rate 4.6% (300 / 6,500). Basing it on the total tests would be 1.2%. I suspect the answer is somewhere in the middle.
Thank you for that

SlovSam

Bounce Radge
View media item 503
Not a good day for new positive cases 😔 and the behind the scenes projections must be looking very ominous though thankfully hospital admissions and intensive care patients are still very low.✅

Its hard to find economic data relevant to Scotland🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 that isn't out of date but its a poor state of affairs when you can't protect the borders of your country or have the financial powers to protect the economy of your country🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿.😔

Encouraging from England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 though as I guess its a minority view( if not unilateral😉) but I thought Boris Johnson has upped his game and now understands that if you control the virus first and foremost the economy takes care of itself.✅

Last edited:

Smurf

Bounce Radge
Up over 200 a day in Edinburgh every day recently, it's not looking good.

Girl in one of my laddies classes just been found positive. Waiting to hear if he needs to self isolate. I can't understand how it has just unbelievably escalated in Scotland the past few weeks? Just praying these huge spurts don't end up with lots of death. I'm fuckin depressed by it all now.

Greenmachine

Bounce Radge
Schools, colleges, universities all going back around about the same time. Meaning more people mixing together.
No surprise to see the infection rate increasing significantly on a daily basis.
Let's just see how many of these infected people actually become ill with the virus, or if they infect those vulnerable people causing them to become ill. I still don't think we are going to see a death rate at anything like the scale we saw in March/April. We need to see test/trace/protect working better in Scotland.

Jack

Bounce Radge
One thing I've noticed when posting these figures is that the rising and now thankfully falling is a wee bit ahead of the official figures.

Personally I think they'll go up and down again many times before this is over.

We're riders in the storm! I'll leave the Doors open for Big G find the video :035:
Screenshot_20201001-124728_COVID Symptom Study.jpg

Latest Posts

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

Can you Help At All?
Goal
£107.00
Earned
£68.00
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage Visit Hibs Picks