Covid -19 Graphs Scotland

SlovSam

Bounce Radge
View media item 444
This is the number of new cases and Scotland??????? is now consistently showing less than 10 every single day.✅

Fair to say that Civic 19 has been wiped out in vast tracts of the country.✅

Edinburgh and Lothian's is going to be vulnerable once the airports open and the students return as well as the limited tourism around this year so it will be important for England ??????? to "get a grip".

England ??????? does look poor but these are actual numbers based on their huge population (Not per capita) and are a very decent improvement on where they were last week.✅

Last edited:

SlovSam

Bounce Radge
View media item 447
This is an interesting graph as it shows information for Ireland?? a country which has handled the pandemic reasonably well though not spectacularly so.

Ireland?? has all the advantages of being a proper island with full control over all its airports and borders (Except one obviously?)

Its a rich country who locked down very early and is a country with full decision making powers yet still they have a reasonable number of cases.

That might not matter if they can track and trace and stop clusters developing but it shows the long fight ahead.

SlovSam

Bounce Radge
View media item 449
View media item 448
More very positive graphics from Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 with information on contact tracing beginning to be developed.✅

New cases need to be carefully watched though.?

As the various sectors of the Scottish 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿economy begin to get reopened this week in more depth its common sense and confidence that will become the driving factor.

Its a good starting point and 95% compliance with face masks? in my supermarket tonight indicates a public who are both very supportive and getting the message.✅

Last edited:

Greenmachine

Bounce Radge
Been twice in Asda over the week-end and glad to say everybody I saw was wearing a face covering. Just hope people stick to this and also that people get accustomed to wearing them in shops as well as supermarkets.

SlovSam

Bounce Radge
View media item 453
You can't help think that this is as good as it gets as the economy begins to reopen and the planes begin to arrive along with the tourists by road and rail but what a tremendous achievement by all sectors of Scottish??????? society and the general public to get to this stage.✅

Cant ask for anymore than that.?✅

Jack

Bounce Radge
That friend of @SlovSam Devi Sridhar ? retweeted this chart which I thought was pretty good. I'll take more precautions the higher the number, its probably common sense in numbers, although she didn't agree with the travel by aircraft. If I recall correctly she said she just wouldn't.

IMG_20200714_125300.jpg

Greenmachine

Bounce Radge
Have to say looking at that last chart, purely from a personal point of view, it is very depressing that many of the things which are important to me in life and I enjoy doing are in the High Risk category. Really looking forward to getting back to the gym and fitness classes but I fear that may still be a while yet.

Booked ahead already to go to church at the week-end with only 50 allowed at a time. Really want to get back to large music concerts as well but I fear that is about a year away at best. Let's hope we find a vaccine or some breakthrough treatment soon.

Keir Starmer's suggestion a few weeks ago that everyone over the age of 50 should be given the flu vaccine this winter to avoid the NHS being overwhelmed with flu patients and Covid-19 patients makes sense to me.

SlovSam

Bounce Radge
View media item 455
I do like these graphs that show how far we have come over the last 4 months and Scotland🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 has come a long long way.

105% adherence to the masks 😷 in the supermarket last night as a wee girl had two on bless her.✅

Its a real tribute to all the people of this country how much they have taken on board the public hea lth messages.✅

SlovSam

Bounce Radge
View media item 457
View media item 459
View media item 458
Some cumulative Scottish 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 graphs which show the virus at its lowest ebb ever in Scotland.

Contact tracing is going to be tested in the next month as clusters emerge and the economy reopens and people naturally become a bit more lax in their behavior.

Unprotected borders though might be a negative game changer in Scotland🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 given how other countries who can protect their borders still struggle.

On the positive side mask wearing 😷 is very much being adhered to in Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 and I observed a bunch of bams all putting on their masks before going into Aldi for cheap bevvy.

3 months ago and they all would have been arrested.😂

You have to laugh at "breakthrough" research in the USA demonstrating how important mask wearing 😷 is to stopping the virus spreading.😅

Anyone in a South East Asia street could have told you that in January.😥

Last edited:

Jack

Bounce Radge
View media item 457
View media item 459
View media item 458
Some cumulative Scottish 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 graphs which show the virus at its lowest ebb ever in Scotland.

Contact tracing is going to be tested in the next month as clusters emerge and the economy reopens and people naturally become a bit more lax in their behavior.

Unprotected borders though might be a negative game changer in Scotland🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 given how other countries who can protect their borders still struggle.

On the positive side mask wearing 😷 is very much being adhered to in Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 and I observed a bunch of bams all putting on their masks before going into Aldi for cheap bevvy.

3 months ago and they all would have been arrested.😂

You have to laugh at "breakthrough" research in the USA demonstrating how important mask wearing 😷 is to stopping the virus spreading.😅

Anyone in a South East Asia street could have told you that in January.😥
On contract tracing I understand that we're well catered for in Scotland with 1 contact tracer per 2,700 of population. WHO recommend a minimum of 1 per 5,000.

SlovSam

Bounce Radge
View media item 461
Nicely constructed and informative graph showing new infections over the last 7 days and how well Scotland's🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 track and trace system seems to be working.✅

Jack

Bounce Radge
SAGE, advising the UK government, say that the tracing system must track down at least 80% of those its looking for within 48/72* hours to be effective.

Just putting it out there so we know what to be looking for.

* Given folk can be asymptomatic for that period it seems a bit tardy but they're the scientists. Maybe the actual target for those delivering the service is lower in terms of time.

Last edited:

SlovSam

Bounce Radge
View media item 465
View media item 467
View media item 466
Up to date Scottish🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Graphs showing a very positive postion with strong testing and few cases and very much supportive of the Zero Covid strategy. ✅.

The infection graph by age group is an interesting new publication✅ and has surprising results with new infections predominantly in middle aged people.

Need to we how this pans out over the next month.

WillieWilson

Bounce Radge
View media item 465
View media item 467
View media item 466
Up to date Scottish🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Graphs showing a very positive postion with strong testing and few cases and very much supportive of the Zero Covid strategy. ✅.

The infection graph by age group is an interesting new publication✅ and has surprising results with new infections predominantly in middle aged people.

Have I misinterpreted it or does the New Infections and Deaths per Day graph not indicate rising numbers of new cases?

Jack

Bounce Radge
View media item 465
View media item 467
View media item 466

I've already noticed a shift in the underlying message from our Health people, WHO and Health experts around the world.

The message is changing from old folk get it and die, to younger folk are getting it and the long term Health implications for them is not good with years of ill-Health ahead of them.

There was someone foreign on the wireless this morning, might have been someone from WHO or Hong-Kong or somewhere else, pleading with young people to act responsibly. Basically saying give up this summer so that you can enjoy future summers.

For a group who think they are all but invincible anyway, confirmed when it was said all they'd get is a wee sneeze from Covid-19 to now being told it could be a life debilitating illness. For those that pay attention it sure is a WTF moment!

I think in one of my very early posts here I described it a sneaky wee bastard of a virus. Turns out its even sneakier than I thought!

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

Can you Help At All?
Goal
£107.00
Earned
£81.28
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

The Bounce is 19 Years Old