Full Time: Cove Unfortunately Named 1 v 2 Hibernian

Zab

Admin
That's fair although expecting a better performance against lower league opposition isn't unreasonable, I get your point though and like anyone am just happy we are winning games

I didn’t really expect much more than a win to be honest.

Horrible pitch, stretched squad, a number of players haven’t kicked a ball all season then being asked to play two games in 3 days.... all against opponents who’ve got nothing to lose.

EA2007

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
Bounce Radge
A couple maybe advanced their chances of being involved more but mostly I'd be hesitant to involve any of the midfield that started today.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
One of the most important things to come out of this is that some of these guys were guff in the Betfred when we still got the wins.

Ross now knows who can be trusted for league games and a semi final when we can’t carry any duds/passengers.

Another run out for Magennis really important as well.

Last edited:

Cabbageman

Bounce Radge
I didn’t really expect much more than a win to be honest.

Horrible pitch, stretched squad, a number of players haven’t kicked a ball all season then being asked to play two games in 3 days.... all against opponents who’ve got nothing to lose.
Fair enough, the points are the important thing after all. I do worry about the depth of the squad though

vasco de gama

Bounce Radge
Last season we hobbled through the group stage playing what was our ‘first pick’ players. Some of them never got good (Vela) but Newell and Doidge have become decent (although Doidge missed a sitter today). We are progressing this season in the cup using mostly fringe players.

Anyway we got 2 wins and Gullan has shown he has potential, Mallan is still capable of providing options and importantly the old guys all got a couple full games in their legs for the first time in over 6 months. We are in so much better position than we were this time last year in Squad strength, Manager’s Tactics, and just in terms of games won.

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Bounce Radge
There’s a couple of positions we are light on, I agree. But also the chances of 7 or 8 first team players being unavailable can’t be that likely for league games.

Aye it's only looked bad cos of McGinns call up I reckon. He would have slotted in at CB today with McGregor.

Cabbageman

Bounce Radge
There’s a couple of positions we are light on, I agree. But also the chances of 7 or 8 first team players being unavailable can’t be that likely for league games.
With coronavirus there is a risk of a few key players being missing though, look what happened with Gogic and how we struggled against the sheep without him. That being said, they got their games postponed when the 8 tested positive so the precedent has been set for instances of multiple players being unavailable

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
With coronavirus there is a risk of a few key players being missing though, look what happened with Gogic and how we struggled against the sheep without him. That being said, they got their games postponed when the 8 tested positive so the precedent has been set for instances of multiple players being unavailable

Such is the times, we won't have to play often during internationals.

Zab

Admin
Bitton has tested positive hopefully Marciano isn't affected could miss Ross County game.

He played didn’t he... so will that affect everyone that played in the match, or just his team mates?

No asking you specially just in general.

Jamie

Admin
That goalie is terrible
The cove yin aye, coz ours was in no way "terrible" and made a stunning save in the last minutes, thought he had a good game, had no chance with the free kick and recovered well with the great flicked shot which was nearly 2 to cove, which most keepers would have let it in, could say that he won us the game.

What i find terrible tbh is that when hibs are not the best you are all over the posts, yet when we are you are playing decent one word posts, actually doubting you are a hibby tbh, and those "positive" posts are just a guise.🧐

Hattie

Donator
Bounce Radge
That ball over the top to Boyle stopped dead!
Boyler was looking to run on to it !
Much like more than half of our team.
I actually make it 8 players. Rocky Doig Hanlon Porteous Mcginn Newell Gogic Murphy. The team we had out as you say, had little minutes under their belt too. And the pitch was an absolute shocker, very strange bounces, it really was a strange one

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

Can you Help At All?
Goal
£107.00
Earned
£68.00
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage Visit Hibs Picks