• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Full Time: Cove Unfortunately Named 1 v 2 Hibernian

I cant get over this pitch the ball is completely unnatural on it
Seems like you have to overhit everything as it doesn't seem to roll after it bounces.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Much better with the shape change too.

Thats a wonderful goal from Nisbet

He'll beat Griffiths goal tally this season. Glad he fell for us in January.
Cracking wee forward.

Magennis has good strength about him and is working hard, looks promising

Some volley from the boy, wow

Can nobody just put their f*****g foot on the ball and calm things down?

What a fucking save from the keeper. Well done son.

shocking

Made hard work of it but another win

2 group cup games 2 wins.

What's not to like?

That'll do, tough game but a good win in the end.

I'm taking the win

What's not to like?
That first half performance ? can't argue with the results but the squad players need to perform better

Only saw the second half on you tube on my phone.Cove gave us a game,rotten pitch Boyle never really got going credit to Milne for that.I’ve now seen Wright and find it hard to defend him.Gullah much improved it.Doidge does a power of work Hallberg doesn’t.Goalie had a terrific save towards the end.Glad to be coming down the road with the points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That first half performance ? can't argue with the results but the squad players need to perform better

If we play 50 games this season, the first half performances will vary from best to worst. Sometimes the other team will be very good, sometimes they wont. Sometimes, it will be like a cup final for the opposition at their own gaff on a tight pitch.

I think we all want hibs to fire perfectly every time they play, but I feel that's unrealistic and we can be our own worst critics.

In the context of our season so far, I think the manager and players deserve a little slack.

If we play 50 games this season, the first half performances will vary from best to worst. Sometimes the other team will be very good, sometimes they wont. Sometimes, it will be like a cup final for the opposition at their own gaff on a tight pitch.

I think we all want hibs to fire perfectly every time they play, but I feel that's unrealistic and we can be our own worst critics.

In the context of our season so far, I think the manager and players deserve a little slack.
That's fair although expecting a better performance against lower league opposition isn't unreasonable, I get your point though and like anyone am just happy we are winning games

Two pretty stuttering performances..a good half an hour from both games isn't really good enough imo and im sure we'll address it. It was lack of appllication and sloppiness.

A couple maybe advanced their chances of being involved more but mostly I'd be hesitant to involve any of the midfield that started today.

What's not to like?

Drey Wright?

.Glad to be coming down the road with the points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Safe journey home Moaty, make sure those ladders are secure before driving ?

Reactions: Zab
Drey Wright has a very apt rhyming for his play

That's fair although expecting a better performance against lower league opposition isn't unreasonable, I get your point though and like anyone am just happy we are winning games

I didn’t really expect much more than a win to be honest.

Horrible pitch, stretched squad, a number of players haven’t kicked a ball all season then being asked to play two games in 3 days.... all against opponents who’ve got nothing to lose.

A couple maybe advanced their chances of being involved more but mostly I'd be hesitant to involve any of the midfield that started today.

One of the most important things to come out of this is that some of these guys were guff in the Betfred when we still got the wins.

Ross now knows who can be trusted for league games and a semi final when we can’t carry any duds/passengers.

Another run out for Magennis really important as well.

Last edited:
Fuck sakes, done a nightshift last night and never got tae ma kip until 10 this morning. Set ma alarm for 2 wi the intention of watchin the game. Didnae fuckin ken it was an early kick off. *&*^ *&*^ *&*^.?

Been oot for the last hour or so...just came back in and seen that we managed to win 2-1.

Sounds like it was a struggle, but that was always going to be the case IMO.

Good to see Jamie Gullan getting on the scoresheet.

Give Drey Wright some time. I thought he played well against the huns at Easter Road.

I didn’t really expect much more than a win to be honest.

Horrible pitch, stretched squad, a number of players haven’t kicked a ball all season then being asked to play two games in 3 days.... all against opponents who’ve got nothing to lose.
Fair enough, the points are the important thing after all. I do worry about the depth of the squad though

Last season we hobbled through the group stage playing what was our ‘first pick’ players. Some of them never got good (Vela) but Newell and Doidge have become decent (although Doidge missed a sitter today). We are progressing this season in the cup using mostly fringe players.

Anyway we got 2 wins and Gullan has shown he has potential, Mallan is still capable of providing options and importantly the old guys all got a couple full games in their legs for the first time in over 6 months. We are in so much better position than we were this time last year in Squad strength, Manager’s Tactics, and just in terms of games won.

Fair enough, the points are the important thing after all. I do worry about the depth of the squad though

There’s a couple of positions we are light on, I agree. But also the chances of 7 or 8 first team players being unavailable can’t be that likely for league games.

There’s a couple of positions we are light on, I agree. But also the chances of 7 or 8 first team players being unavailable can’t be that likely for league games.

Aye it's only looked bad cos of McGinns call up I reckon. He would have slotted in at CB today with McGregor.

With coronavirus there is a risk of a few key players being missing though, look what happened with Gogic and how we struggled against the sheep without him. That being said, they got their games postponed when the 8 tested positive so the precedent has been set for instances of multiple players being unavailable

With coronavirus there is a risk of a few key players being missing though, look what happened with Gogic and how we struggled against the sheep without him. That being said, they got their games postponed when the 8 tested positive so the precedent has been set for instances of multiple players being unavailable

Such is the times, we won't have to play often during internationals.

Such is the times, we won't have to play often during internationals.

Bitton has tested positive hopefully Marciano isn't affected could miss Ross County game.

Reactions: Zab
Bitton has tested positive hopefully Marciano isn't affected could miss Ross County game.

He played didn’t he... so will that affect everyone that played in the match, or just his team mates?

No asking you specially just in general.

He played didn’t he... so will that affect everyone that played in the match, or just his team mates?

No asking you specially just in general.

Apparently Bitton and Marciano are room mates :defiant_

That goalie is terrible
The cove yin aye, coz ours was in no way "terrible" and made a stunning save in the last minutes, thought he had a good game, had no chance with the free kick and recovered well with the great flicked shot which was nearly 2 to cove, which most keepers would have let it in, could say that he won us the game.

What i find terrible tbh is that when hibs are not the best you are all over the posts, yet when we are you are playing decent one word posts, actually doubting you are a hibby tbh, and those "positive" posts are just a guise.?

That ball over the top to Boyle stopped dead!
Boyler was looking to run on to it !
Much like more than half of our team.
I actually make it 8 players. Rocky Doig Hanlon Porteous Mcginn Newell Gogic Murphy. The team we had out as you say, had little minutes under their belt too. And the pitch was an absolute shocker, very strange bounces, it really was a strange one

I actually make it 8 players. Rocky Doig Hanlon Porteous Mcginn Newell Gogic Murphy. The team we had out as you say, had little minutes under their belt too. And the pitch was an absolute shocker, very strange bounces, it really was a strange one
It was 9 Scott Allan

This thread has been viewed 7187 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back