• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Corona virus on its own thread.

It is so confusing 🤷‍♂️
If you’ve had covid in the last 3 monthe you can continue to test positve for that 3 months . They actually say you shouldn’t test in that 3 months as you
May well still test positive , and only test if you have symptoms 🤔
Totally confusing 😩

50 percent of vaccine passports to be checked at games-cant see that working very well.

50 percent of vaccine passports to be checked at games-cant see that working very well.
I never get why everyone makes a big deal about this,2 second glance and the guy says sound.
It won’t be 50% anyway so it’s no an issue tbh.

I never get why everyone makes a big deal about this,2 second glance and the guy says sound.
The issue for me is that it is a 100% waste of time and effort. That's all.

BIG G

Last edited:
Aye thats what i mean, the goverment say a number but whose actually checking that number is being met....All seems pointless and just a rue to make people think that i better get the vaccination just in case, ive been multiple times with my passport but have never been checked or witnessed many people getting checked.

Aye thats what i mean, the goverment say a number but whose actually checking that number is being met....All seems pointless and just a rue to make people think that i better get the vaccination just in case, ive been multiple times with my passport but have never been checked or witnessed many people getting checked.
That’s exactly what it is,they know it’s pointless and we know it’s pointless but they have keep up the pretence it all helps.

Am I being naive , cynical or both in thinking that the anti football Scottish Government may have done this now and not in a few weeks time, just before the Six Nations ruggerfest, for fear of a backlash from fitba fans.
RFU rools ya bas !

BIG G

Am I being naive , cynical or both in thinking that the anti football Scottish Government may have done this now and not in a few weeks time, just before the Six Nations ruggerfest, for fear of a backlash from fitba fans.
RFU rools ya bas !

BIG G

I think you are right, I am pretty sure there are more fitba fans in favour of independence.

I think you are right, I am pretty sure there are more fitba fans in favour of independence.
Indubitably!

BIG G

So at the moment , since society , particularly in england , has opened up almost completely , the average daily deaths from covid are 350 approx . That’s 120,000 per year . Surely that isn’t comparable to flu

So at the moment , since society , particularly in england , has opened up almost completely , the average daily deaths from covid are 350 approx . That’s 120,000 per year . Surely that isn’t comparable to flu
Around 100,000 more, if the information I have is correct

This is Easter Road, right?

Dearie me 😩

Hibby's or not, grown men actually singing this pish. Embarrassing wankers!

Dearie me 😩

Its the sheep shaggers, they were singing Fuck the SNP too that night. Tory *&*^.

Obviously not lost anyone to the virus 🤷‍♂️
Which hasn’t gone away , BTW

Its the sheep shaggers, they were singing Fuck the SNP too that night. Tory *&*^.
Probs all fishermen and farmers that voted for Brexit.

They would be leaving with their tails between their legs ( if sheep had tails )🤣

They would be leaving with their tails between their legs ( if sheep had tails )🤣
Sheep do have tails :read:

Sheep do have tails :read:
I bet they do. 😉

Probs all fishermen and farmers that voted for Brexit.
Many of the farming lot are changing their tune.
The fishermen I'm not so sure?
However, the old guy across the street from me has the Saltire flying in his back garden and he was the owner of a fishing vessel .
Death on the Tories he is. And all the fishermen who have sold off the quotas.
I fear he's very much in a minority among fishermen though.

Don’t know if it’s a result of xmas/new year ,but 88 deaths in scotland in last three days .😩 way more than any weekly total in the last few months . Whether these are unvaccinated souls or not it will be interesting to see what transpires in coming weeks regarding restrictions 🤷‍♂️

Don’t know if it’s a result of xmas/new year ,but 88 deaths in scotland in last three days .😩 way more than any weekly total in the last few months . Whether these are unvaccinated souls or not it will be interesting to see what transpires in coming weeks regarding restrictions 🤷‍♂️

My issue with the reporting of deaths is that they include “death(s) of people who have tested positive” (per the Scottish Gov Covid page) - but that doesn’t mean Covid was the cause of death, which is ultimately massively misleading IMO.

My issue with the reporting of deaths is that they include “death(s) of people who have tested positive” (per the Scottish Gov Covid page) - but that doesn’t mean Covid was the cause of death, which is ultimately massively misleading IMO.
They report both. Deaths with Covid as a cause are reported every Wednesday by the ONS and totals a higher number than the 'deaths within 28 days of a positive test' figure you're referring to.

They report both. Deaths with Covid as a cause are reported every Wednesday by the ONS and totals a higher number than the 'deaths within 28 days of a positive test' figure you're referring to.

Ah right, cheers. No sure I see the point in them doing that.

From what i heard the other day hospital staff are gearing up for the next few weeks in terms of alot of older people coming in with severe illness from Covid so i expect the numbers will increase.

Ah right, cheers. No sure I see the point in them doing that.
Think it was just to have a consistent daily measure that was up to date - it can take a while for death certificates to be processed. Like you say it's flawed as a total count because it includes folk who died for other reasons plus it excludes folk who don't die within the 28 day period, but as a measure that can be tracked over time and is bang up to date it works well enough. It'll be even more flawed right now due to the high prevalence of covid and low deaths in the vaccinated population so I'd probably expect to start seeing the daily measure turning out to be a bit higher than the ONS count when historically it's been the other way round.

Vaxed and got a positive test result today. Felt buckled for a couple of days, mostly a headache and achey. Stay safe lads and lassies, get your vaccines and booster's. 👍

I had a look at that today, I'm not sure where to get Vaxxed/un-vax figures but from the 40 or so deaths today 37 were from over 65s, where vaccination is close to 100%. The others were from 45 to 65 where vaccinations are also pretty high.

I suspect the unvaccinated aren't suffering too much, it's more that they are causing it in others by taking up health resource or transmitting to others.

Interesting

Daily death numbers from this Omicron tsunami in the UK is less per day (200-300) than we get from a very bad flu season? The fear is of course new variants that are more deadly but it'll be interesting to see if the plummeting case numbers actually fall below the numbers before the Omicron variant. If it falls below that number I'd suggest it's because immunity is pretty high and we really are coming towards the end.

Reactions: Zab
Interesting

100% correct mr Leask 👍

Daily death numbers from this Omicron tsunami in the UK is less per day (200-300) than we get from a very bad flu season? The fear is of course new variants that are more deadly but it'll be interesting to see if the plummeting case numbers actually fall below the numbers before the Omicron variant. If it falls below that number I'd suggest it's because immunity is pretty high and we really are coming towards the end.

The death rates are still rising in South Africa where the cases peaked a month ago. If the UK follows the same pattern we'll see that 200-300 deaths increase significantly over the next few weeks. It appears that the lag between cases and death could be longer with Omicron.

I see it's the sheep so I've changed this comment.Thought it might be the Lisbon Lions arses.

high death rate today, i imagine its down to the lag between contracting Covid and becoming seriously ill in hospital, imagine death rate will up in coming weeks

high death rate today, i imagine its down to the lag between contracting Covid and becoming seriously ill in hospital, imagine death rate will up in coming weeks
Since start of december until after xmas average weekly deaths were about 70, the last six days has seen 140 deaths . It appears the number of cases is the marker for easing restrictions , not death numbers . Numbers in hospital and ICU seem to have plateaued though

For people unaware...there is now an ongoing criminal case in regard to the jabs.

The Hague are also involved now. 👍

BOris is in trouble 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

This thread has been viewed 319773 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back