• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Corona virus on its own thread.

Tickle both tonsils for five seconds then swish it around up one of your nasal passages for ten seconds.You think 10 seconds isnae very long?Try sticking a stick up yer nose.Brings water to a glass eye.

Just came through check in at Newark and they’re no letting folks that don’t have a negative Covid test on the plane. Lots of folks goin radge. Might get a lie doon on the plane.

My PCR test was negative.

My PCR test was negative.
You’ll get on the plane then.

You’ll get on the plane then.
It’ll be the wrong plane though.

Does the new version not mean up your beak rather than throat as well?
Both on any I have seen, but it is the throat that causes me most problems

Both on any I have seen, but it is the throat that causes me most problems
Me too. Gies me the boak.
The kit I got sent from private company on return from abroad was nose only. Much easier.

One of the St. Pats Branch Groningen massive sent me this. Zero supporters at games.
FC Groningen play Feyenoord on Sunday. Again zero fans.

IMG-20211209-WA0013.jpg

Feyenoord v Maccabi Haifa tonight at half time.

Shape of things to come - The Yardbirds ????

We get another update on this mini lockdown in a PM (outgoing) / health minister pressco next Tuesday. NL been rife of late, many hospital ops postponed.

Slight reduction of late in numbers, fingrrs crossed 🤑

Am I missing something here? Omicron has been here since October apparently but nobody has died from it. What’s the panic for?

Am I missing something here? Omicron has been here since October apparently but nobody has died from it. What’s the panic for?
Yup been saying that for a while, apparantly the two jabs make it more like a cold anyway, politicians are just worried that the NHS will fill up but so far there isn't really any real substance to what they are saying statistically.

More restrictions to be announced the morn :cover:

Think we are going to see more extensive roll-out of vaccine passports, and restrictions in numbers allowed for indoor gatherings for things like funerals etc.

Think we are going to see more extensive roll-out of vaccine passports, and restrictions in numbers allowed for indoor gatherings for things like funerals etc.
Not a hope in hell's chance the public will tolerate that with funerals.

This time last year my family couldn't visit my Dad in hospital for five weeks following a cardiac arrest. He then spent another 6 weeks in Astley Ainslie getting some neuro rehabilitation. Again we couldn't visit. We understood and complied obviously. However, in Astley Ainslie the grounds are open to the public. We used to phone my Dad and we'd see him on the first floor from outside in the grounds. You've no idea how good that was for my Dad and my family. Then staff stopped it as it was Lothian Health Board policy that it broke COVID rules. We need to be very careful with what freedoms we hand back to Government.

Restrictions on hospitality, pubs etc that'll work well at the football :coffee1:

This time last year my family couldn't visit my Dad in hospital for five weeks following a cardiac arrest. He then spent another 6 weeks in Astley Ainslie getting some neuro rehabilitation. Again we couldn't visit. We understood and complied obviously. However, in Astley Ainslie the grounds are open to the public. We used to phone my Dad and we'd see him on the first floor from outside in the grounds. You've no idea how good that was for my Dad and my family. Then staff stopped it as it was Lothian Health Board policy that it broke COVID rules. We need to be very careful with what freedoms we hand back to Government.
Totally agree.

Similar position to yourself, Grandad was admitted to a care home as his dementia worsened right at the start of Covid, didnt see him for a year and a half, nobody could visit, the ward had a covid outbreak and he passed away sadly. Pretty shit situation and one i hope i never go through again.

Similar position to yourself, Grandad was admitted to a care home as his dementia worsened right at the start of Covid, didnt see him for a year and a half, nobody could visit, the ward had a covid outbreak and he passed away sadly. Pretty shit situation and one i hope i never go through again.
Exactly the same thing happened with my Granny mate. She passed away in October having basically given up living, having had her dementia deteriorate, and having had no visits permitted for nearly 18 months.

Dinnae you go blaming immigrants , how many immigrants dae you ken in Germany tae make such a sweeping statement.
Dinnae you go putting words in my mouth.
I said MAYBE. Is the world so paranoid about what we can or can’t say that nothing can even be put up for reasonable debate?

Same as every other time - they're worried it'll overwhelm the NHS. It may be milder but because it spreads quicker, it's possible more people will require medical attention in a short space of time.

Same as every other time - they're worried it'll overwhelm the NHS. It may be milder but because it spreads quicker, it's possible more people will require medical attention in a short space of time.
If it’s milder, I’m no sure how mild milder is mind you, would there no be less people requiring medical attention? It’s all a bit confusing tae me bud.

If it’s milder, I’m no sure how mild milder is mind you, would there no be less people requiring medical attention? It’s all a bit confusing tae me bud.
The data shows its much milder than the Delta variant, in South Africa the virus appears to have dropped off and its just like a mild cold. I think our scientists and goverments are going well OTT. There was more people in hospital in September with Covid than there is now.

First omicron death in UK recorded today, so may be mild or may not.

One of these viruses is eventually going to be the one that sends humans the way of the dinosaurs. Or it might be a mutation of Covid 19 that hasn’t emerged yet. Scientists and politicians are rightfully shitting themselves wondering when, not if, it’s going to happen.
My thoughts are that this particular virus is not synthetic but has probably been lying dormant contained under the Arctic/Antarctic ice for hundreds of thousands of years. Scientists have drilled these things up and taken them to labs such as the one in Wuhan for study, labelled as - Whatever you do, DO NOT LET THIS FUCKER ESCAPE!!!
Only some lackadaisical boffin has opened the Pandora’s box this time.
This is only my own theory. Perhaps it’ll be the celestial body after all that we expect will finish earth?
Hopefully Hibs will win another game before then.

One of these viruses is eventually going to be the one that sends humans the way of the dinosaurs. Or it might be a mutation of Covid 19 that hasn’t emerged yet. Scientists and politicians are rightfully shitting themselves wondering when, not if, it’s going to happen.
My thoughts are that this particular virus is not synthetic but has probably been lying dormant contained under the Arctic/Antarctic ice for hundreds of thousands of years. Scientists have drilled these things up and taken them to labs such as the one in Wuhan for study, labelled as - Whatever you do, DO NOT LET THIS FUCKER ESCAPE!!!
Only some lackadaisical boffin has opened the Pandora’s box this time.
This is only my own theory. Perhaps it’ll be the celestial body after all that we expect will finish earth?
Hopefully Hibs will win another game before then.

BIG G

The data shows its much milder than the Delta variant, in South Africa the virus appears to have dropped off and its just like a mild cold. I think our scientists and goverments are going well OTT. There was more people in hospital in September with Covid than there is now.
It's summer in SA. There's many in the population have other things to worry about that are at least as likely to kill them as covid and on top of that the data collection there is crap.

There's only a tiny bit of data available here in the northern hemisphere to make decisions on in the so they're being cautious. Add the winter pressures of normal flu on the NHS.

If its half as mild as Delta but there's twice as many catch it we're not really any further forward. It's not quite like that but you get the idea with numbers.

I posted a bit a couple of weeks ago being unusually covid optimistic about Omicron being a way out of this is the long term. I'm still optimistic.

You have evidence to suggest otherwise? It’s about as plausible as saying some Chinese guy ate a fucking bat

Boffins saying Omicron will be the dominant strain in the UK in a matter of days!

It will be the dominant strain in London by tomorrow Boris says.

You have evidence to suggest otherwise? It’s about as plausible as saying some Chinese guy ate a fucking bat
I believe that the World is flat and not spherical. You have evidence to suggest otherwise?

220px-Physical_world_map_in_Hellerick_triaxial_boreal_projection_-_shallow.jpg

BIG G

I believe that the World is flat and not spherical. You have evidence to suggest otherwise?

View attachment 7193

BIG G
You have issues

First omicron death in UK recorded today, so may be mild or may not.
Died with
For all we know that could or cold not have been a person in a road traffic accident or very elderly person with cancer that then tested positive in hospital.

Nothing is ever clear , the statistics, the reporting or the guidance. Its all a complete clusterfuck

Died with
For all we know that could or cold not have been a person in a road traffic accident or very elderly person with cancer that then tested positive in hospital.

Nothing is ever clear , the statistics, the reporting or the guidance. Its all a complete clusterfuck
I agree. I’d much rather they published the results as ‘Deaths because of Covid’. It would give the public a better understanding of how vulnerable everyone is or isn’t. Also they could be more specific where deaths have occurred in people with underlying health issues.

Reactions: JFP
I’d much rather they published the results as ‘Deaths because of Covid’.
They do, every week, and have done for about eighteen months.

They do, every week, and have done for about eighteen months.
They don't, they publish deaths within 28 days of a positive result. You could have a positive test then die of a heart attack within 28 days that has nothing to do with covid.

They don't, they publish deaths within 28 days of a positive result. You could have a positive test then die of a heart attack within 28 days that has nothing to do with covid.
They do. NRS publish weekly figures where Covid is mentioned as a cause of death on the death certificate. The total deaths by that measure is now 12,216 in Scotland.

The total deaths by the measure you refer to is 9,719.

I said many months ago...this has nothing todo with a virus!

Now they are coming for your children!

If you do not want to take the shot...get your child out school.
Sending them is technically informed consent.

Imagine somebody stated all that is going on 2 years ago....You would not believe it for a second!

If you comply...You have lost your right too freedom! It's Tyranical!

Take care all...but please wake up.

Signing off. 😎

I said many months ago...this has nothing todo with a virus!

Now they are coming for your children!

If you do not want to take the shot...get your child out school.
Sending them is technically informed consent.

Imagine somebody stated all that is going on 2 years ago....You would not believe it for a second!

If you comply...You have lost your right too freedom! It's Tyranical!

Take care all...but please wake up.

Signing off. 😎
Chicken Cuckoo GIF by happydog

Yay Ryan's back. No doubt he'll have pictures of all the dead bodies of vaccinated people piling up in the street as he so accurately predicted.

Probably less but not none. If a lot more people are getting it, more people might need medical attention that before.

Died with

It's not just about deaths though.

Imagine if half the NHS was off sick or after the recent storm half the leccy boys fixing the cables were off sick. Some houses could still be without electricity. Same for all sectors that keep civilisation going as we expect.

There's a big picture that needs to be kept in balance.

This thread has been viewed 319752 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back