• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Corona virus on its own thread.

A lot to be said for keeping original appt. then , come hell or high water 😜

If I was in the country I would!

If I was in the country I would!
Can u no gie yersel the jags , your a doctor r u no

Can u no gie yersel the jags , your a doctor r u no
So was Harold Shipman....

Boy from work died from it this morning , he was 54

Jesus, that is terrible.

Fuck sakes. Poor guy.

One thing I’ve noticed is Italy and Spain deaths are way below those in the UK at the moment

UK mainly used AstraZenica vaccine which, it seems, is not as good as some others.

Bloody hell that’s grim

Theres been a fair increase up here in the number of cases lately.
This week so far I've delivered to about 2 dozen people who have tested positive.
At the high point(s) last year I had about a third that number.

@The Family aorry to hear about your wife man, that sounds horrendous.

Confirmed cases for yesterday in Cheltenham were down to about 21 per 100k. Do you suppose this will be revised upwards by hundreds of per cent once the impact of the race meeting is revealed?
I see cases for 25th have been revised upwards by 550% from 24 to 156 since you posted that. Still a couple of days till they're considered finalised but I don't expect they'll move too much more.

And to be clear I'm not attributing anything to the race meeting, I never was. Just pointing out fairly simple errors. Have to be careful of social media getting gummed up with nonsense.

FFS D, sorry to hear that buddy and thoughts with their family.

Thankfully my Wife has survived it for the second time 💚

Sorry to hear all the bad news.Thoughts are with everyone involved.

My son has had it fir a week, mrs daughter and myself got tested..negative. Daughter and mrs became unwell, tested again, daughter has it, so another test a day later and i have it now. The crazy thing is my mrs has been really unwell, thought she was a guarantee she had it, but she’s still negative, I’m fine. 🤷‍♂️ Puzzling

My son has had it fir a week, mrs daughter and myself got tested..negative. Daughter and mrs became unwell, tested again, daughter has it, so another test a day later and i have it now. The crazy thing is my mrs has been really unwell, thought she was a guarantee she had it, but she’s still negative, I’m fine. 🤷‍♂️ Puzzling
There is def anomolies with the tests . My granddaughter tested positive with the pcr test . Next day she was negative with a lateral flow test even though she had just started her isolation period 🤷‍♂️

There is def anomolies with the tests . My granddaughter tested positive with the pcr test . Next day she was negative with a lateral flow test even though she had just started her isolation period 🤷‍♂️
The lateral flow tests are very unreliable

I am off to Spain after the Livi game, Scotland is now lateral flow on return yet the companies have actually put their prices up from the PCR tests for what is now the same as your home lateral flow test. The whole private testing thing is there to line tory pals pockets

I am off to Spain after the Livi game, Scotland is now lateral flow on return yet the companies have actually put their prices up from the PCR tests for what is now the same as your home lateral flow test. The whole private testing thing is there to line tory pals pockets
Not sure which would be the right one for you, but we got our lateral flow tests from this mob to go to greece, was fine

Not sure which would be the right one for you, but we got our lateral flow tests from this mob to go to greece, was fine

I got it for £15 with Expert Medicals, but thanks. Robbing bastards though. Its 100% the same as the house one. You are paying for the reference numbers.

The lateral flow tests are very unreliable

Sort of. Lots of false negatives but few false positives with LFT. If it says you've got it, you probably have.

The PCR is more reliable so can't see why anyone would take a LFT after a positive PCR.

I got it for £15 with Expert Medicals, but thanks. Robbing bastards though. Its 100% the same as the house one. You are paying for the reference numbers.
Yep

Sort of. Lots of false negatives but few false positives with LFT. If it says you've got it, you probably have.

The PCR is more reliable so can't see why anyone would take a LFT after a positive PCR.
Yeah i agree

I'm off to chase the sun in a few days too.
I paid a small fortune for a couple of PCR test kits a year ago, which were never used as the pandemic worsened.
Anyone know if I can just use these when I get back?
Or will I still have to book the LFTs?

It was great when we had our own travel agent who knew all the answers....

I paid a small fortune for a couple of PCR test kits a year ago, which were never used as the pandemic worsened.

His replacement does a good job Doc.

All these extra office staff have to be paid for.

Now a civilian just about to head off to Spain too, I had to ask my replacement for advice..

All these consultants staff have to be paid for.
Fixed that for you.

Now a civilian just about to head off to Spain too, I had to ask my replacement for advice..
Did you get 'mate's rates' for the deal?

Did you get 'mate's rates' for the deal?
I think I paid a ‘now you’re not my boss up yours’ tax! Seriously though, was cheaper booking a Jet2holidays package with her than online, saved about £60…

I think you should read the post again. The poster wasn't saying that Cheltenham races caused the rise. And using the most recent data available to him / her can hardly be called cherry picking. What's the source for your 21 per 100k? You certainly can't claim that cases declined after the meeting as the data for the first day of the meeting won't even be finalised till tomorrow. Unless you're cherry picking incomplete data?

I'm aware they weren't saying that. They claimed that the caseload rose hugely "on the same day" the racecourse reopened.

This is wrong but as I said they could make a similar argument by saying cases rose the week before. They didn't because it would lessen the impact of their critique so it's fair to say they sacrificed accuracy for impact. Hardly heinous.

The problem is that they are playing to the peanut gallery by saying that anyone in possession of this information is making a grave mistake by allowing racing to go ahead and implying that a competent and benign authority would obviously stop it. But the essential link they claim is obvious to anyone with compassion or intelligence is in fact not there. So I'm saying that, yes, they are misusing data for political ends.

I see cases for 25th have been revised upwards by 550% from 24 to 156 since you posted that. Still a couple of days till they're considered finalised but I don't expect they'll move too much more.

And to be clear I'm not attributing anything to the race meeting, I never was. Just pointing out fairly simple errors. Have to be careful of social media getting gummed up with nonsense.

At 159 now so way down from the peak.

One thing I’ve noticed is Italy and Spain deaths are way below those in the UK at the moment
Yep. I expect due to later vaccination. Italy has still had slightly more in total per capita and Spain slightly fewer than the UK.

Another thing that's not been touched on much is that with flu back in action and a seasonal buildup of hospitalisations the roughly 20-40% of people hospitalised 'with covid' who caught it while in hospital is going to be an ever bigger real number.

Yep. I expect due to later vaccination. Italy has still had slightly more in total per capita and Spain slightly fewer than the UK.

Another thing that's not been touched on much is that with flu back in action and a seasonal buildup of hospitalisations the roughly 20-40% of people hospitalised 'with covid' who caught it while in hospital is going to be an ever bigger real number.
Would being later with the vaccination programme not mean they would have higher daily deaths than the uk 🤔

Has anyone had a booster jag yet? Any side effects

Flying back from Qatar tomorrow. Got a pre-flight PCR done (think I could’ve got away with a lateral flow) for £30 and have had to purchase a day 2 lateral flow for return to Scotland for £15 which is much better than previous.

@Doc Shrink i think you need to buy it off a list of NHS Scotland-approved sellers as only they will give you the code you need to enter on your passenger locator form which you also need to complete before flying home.

It’s all a bit of a minefield as the landscape changes weekly. For example I flew to Oz in March and got away with an NHS PCR test to board the flight, in April I got bumped off another flight as the airlines were no longer accepting NHS test results and needed to be private 🤔

Has anyone had a booster jag yet? Any side effects
Me , booster in one arm , flu jag in the other , only slightly sore at both injection points for one day , then nada 👍

Flying back from Qatar tomorrow. Got a pre-flight PCR done (think I could’ve got away with a lateral flow) for £30 and have had to purchase a day 2 lateral flow for return to Scotland for £15 which is much better than previous.

@Doc Shrink i think you need to buy it off a list of NHS Scotland-approved sellers as only they will give you the code you need to enter on your passenger locator form which you also need to complete before flying home.

It’s all a bit of a minefield as the landscape changes weekly. For example I flew to Oz in March and got away with an NHS PCR test to board the flight, in April I got bumped off another flight as the airlines were no longer accepting NHS test results and needed to be private 🤔

Thing is the passenger locator form is a UK Gov one so any code from any provider works.

Thing is the passenger locator form is a UK Gov one so any code from any provider works.
Yeah but the key thing is you do need that code, it seems to only recognise ones off that list from my experience? If @Doc Shrink has such a code then he’s sorted 👍🏻

Yeah but the key thing is you do need that code, it seems to only recognise ones off that list from my experience? If @Doc Shrink has such a code then he’s sorted 👍🏻

Now you have me panicking! Did you try one not off the list?

Now you have me panicking! Did you try one not off the list?
No, but I entered the wrong code and it bumped me, so it must be cross-referencing the codes against some list was my thinking? Reckon you might be ok.

If it doesn’t accept it the good thing is the approved test kits are only about15 quid now. Coming back from oz the start of April the kit cost me (my work) 200 bucks!

This thread has been viewed 319726 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back