• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Corona virus on its own thread.

Got a couple PCR tests coming, got the home tests but they do seem pretty useless, feels like the flu a bit but I'm guessing if the other half has tested positive I'm probably going through the same, got a couple inhalers so I'll just use them the now, cheers for the thoughts and advice guys, appreciated, feck Covid.

Got a couple PCR tests coming, got the home tests but they do seem pretty useless, feels like the flu a bit but I'm guessing if the other half has tested positive I'm probably going through the same, got a couple inhalers so I'll just use them the now, cheers for the thoughts and advice guys, appreciated, feck Covid.

In my experience you get a much quicker response if you go and get a PCR test, it takes days when you post it. I absolutely self isolated from my wife for the 10 days, she managed not to catch it.

Keep safe mate.

Hope it goes alright mandy. Best luck mate

In my experience you get a much quicker response if you go and get a PCR test, it takes days when you post it. I absolutely self isolated from my wife for the 10 days, she managed not to catch it.

Keep safe mate.
Aye my daughter got her test at 11am at airport yesterday, results came through at 10pm.

You and your family get well soon Mandy.👍

If you were at the match on Sunday it might just be a dose of the tynie cowie, should pass in a week or so.

Take it easy.

Aye one of my household tested positive and I've recently become breathless, cough etc despite me testing negative, reckon I have it like hopefully the vaccines doing its job. Seems rife in schools etch just now, caught it from the bairns.
Hope you're doing OK. The lateral flow tests are p!sh to be honest and the PCR version is the gold standard...even though they can show a negative result even though the person is clearly positive 🙄

Hope you're ok. If you don't have one it might be worth getting hold of a blood oxygen monitor. That can give you a bit of early warning just in case.

My daughter tested positive on a lateral flow on Sunday and confirmed by PCR yesterday. The rest of us tested negative.
I second that and actually have an app on my phone to measure my sats 🤭👍

I second that and actually have an app on my phone to measure my sats 🤭👍
Most of my weekends are a fcukin lost cause too. I’ll have a hunt for that app tomorrow. Sunday should be interestin.

Just heard a good pal has passed away having caught the virus. Fuck covid!
RIP Drew.

Had my Pfizer booster and my flu jab 5 minutes ago.
Sitting waiting for the compulsory 15 minutes .
Maybe should have taken one in each arm as its aching already.
But it's only pain....

Had my Pfizer booster and my flu jab 5 minutes ago.
Sitting waiting for the compulsory 15 minutes .
Maybe should have taken one in each arm as its aching already.
But it's only pain....
My wife had her booster yesterday, there were second dose folk there too. Everyone had to wait 15 minutes.

Up till now I've never known 'normal' folk having to hang around.

My wife had her booster yesterday, there were second dose folk there too. Everyone had to wait 15 minutes.

This is the Bounce, Jack.
No one here knows what 'normal' is!

Both my jags I had to do the 15 minute thing and that was month ago.

I had to do the 15-minute wait for my second jag. It was Cup Final day too.
Wish it had been 15 hours 😕

I was told to have a seat for 15 minutes for my previous two jags, but I just buggered off.
:lookaround:

I was told to have a seat for 15 minutes for my previous two jags, but I just buggered off.
Rebel

Definitely without a cause....

Did the same on Wednesdy after my 3rd covid jag, the waiting area looked like the afterlife waiting room from beetlejuice, so i just fucked off back to the car and drove home.

Took me 15 minutes tae get ma arse back in ma windae and pull ma breeks up.,

Just saw UK deaths from Covid are rising again. I thought the vaccines were meant to lessen the effect of the virus. Are these tragic deaths only amongst the unvaccinated or are the vaccines not really doing what they are supposed to?

Just saw UK deaths from Covid are rising again. I thought the vaccines were meant to lessen the effect of the virus. Are these tragic deaths only amongst the unvaccinated or are the vaccines not really doing what they are supposed to?

Lessen

VERB
If something lessens or you lessen it, it becomes smaller in size, amount, degree, or importance.

I think part of the reason for the increase is as you say, there are still quite a number of people who are unvaccinated for whatever reason.

It's also because we as a country vaccinated our older and most vulnerable people earlier than most other countries, and therefore the effectiveness of vaccine is now waning. Hence the big push now for the boosters to be rolled out more quickly. There is also the likelihood that many people won't take the booster jag as they think they don't need it having been vaccinated twice and the country opening up with much of normality now restored. The governments of all nations have to ensure that their citizens are made aware of how important it is to get the booster jag.

The other reason is of course that we are now out of summer, worse weather meaning more people are indoors, more people are mixing together from different households. Covid-19 cases were always going to rise and with that hospitalisations and sadly deaths. This will probably get worse in the next few months. It is predictable however, and we have to be ready for it. The booster jag roll-out has to be quicker.

The most important announcement in the last few days however was not the usual and predictable dire predictions from the medical profession here in this country, but from the WHO who have said that the pandemic will likely go on well into 2022 so much longer than it needs to. This is due to the vaccines not being given to poorer nations of the world quickly enough. We really do have to take a step back and realise Covid-19 is a worldwide health crisis, and therefore it will need all nations of the world to work together to get it properly under control for evermore.

Last edited:

I have recently recovered from Covid. Personally if I had not been double jagged I expect I would have been hospitalised. So the vaccines are doing what they are designed for in my opinion.

Worth noting Greenmachine and yourself are referring to the UK. I suspect what you "saw" was England not the UK. England have pretty much dropped all rules around Covid, from social distancing through to mask wearing and returning to normal at work and public transport. Scotland, Wales and the North of Ireland have different rules and better compliance I suspect.

I think part of the reason for the increase is as you say, there are still quite a number of people who are unvaccinated for whatever reason.

It's also because we as a country vaccinated our older and most vulnerable people earlier than most other countries, and therefore the effectiveness of vaccine is now waning. Hence the big push now for the boosters to be rolled out more quickly. There is also the likelihood that many people won't take the booster jag as they think they don't need it having been vaccinated twice and the country opening up with much of normality now restored. The governments of all nations have to ensure that their citizens are made aware of how important it is to get the booster jag.

The other reason is of course that we are now out of summer, worse weather meaning more people are indoors, more people are mixing together from different households. Covid-19 cases were always going to rise and with that hospitalisations and sadly deaths. This will probably get worse in the next few months. It is predictable however, and we have to be ready for it. The booster jag roll-out has to be quicker.

The most important announcement in the last few days however was not the usual and predictable dire predictions from the medical profession here in this country, but from the WHO who have said that the pandemic will likely go on well into 2022 so much longer than it needs to. This is due to the vaccines not being given to poorer nations of the world quickly enough. We really do have to take step back and realise Covid-19 is worldwide crisis, and therefore it will need all nations of the world to work together to get it properly under control for evermore.
Thanks for that. I'm genuinely interested as Thailand for example is some way behind the UK re vaccine take up but it seems to be picking up speed now.
Do you see Covid joining the flu as something the population should have a booster for every year?

I have recently recovered from Covid. Personally if I had not been double jagged I expect I would have been hospitalised. So the vaccines are doing what they are designed for in my opinion.
Thanks

Thanks for that. I'm genuinely interested as Thailand for example is some way behind the UK re vaccine take up but it seems to be picking up speed now.
Do you see Covid joining the flu as something the population should have a booster for every year?
I am no medical expert, but in answer to your question in my opinion....yes, for the over 50's and those with underlying health conditions.

I am no medical expert, but in answer to your question in my opinion....yes, for the over 50's and those with underlying health conditions.

I agree. Some have had a 3rd booster already.

I agree. Some have had a 3rd booster already.
How far apart?

How far apart?
Minimum of 6 months after second jag.

Get ma booster +flu jag on tuesday 👍👏

Get ma booster +flu jag on tuesday 👍👏
Ah.

Doing the care homes first eh?

Good stuff.

My wife has Covid for the second time, on the 7th day of her isolation I had to call an ambulance to my house, she stopped breathing, was freezing cold even though the bedroom was roasting, her oxygen levels and temperature was all over the place, she text me our bank details so I know how to get access to our money to sort things like the Mortgage etc. The young girl on 911 was absolutely amazing she stayed with me on the phone the whole time until they were actually in my house, they were here for just under an hour doing all sorts of tests, my little boy then asks me if his Mummy is going to die, I was trying to keep strong for us both but that honestly broke me. In reality I was bricking it as I thought i was actually going to lose her, she kept on drifting in and out struggling to breath, thankfully the tests then done brought her back round, Bouncers my Wife has been double jabbed and was diagnosed with Long Covid after the first time, please please please take this seriously and think of others when you are out and about 💚

My wife has Covid for the second time, on the 7th day of her isolation I had to call an ambulance to my house, she stopped breathing, was freezing cold even though the bedroom was roasting, her oxygen levels and temperature was all over the place, she text me our bank details so I know how to get access to our money to sort things like the Mortgage etc. The young girl on 911 was absolutely amazing she stayed with me on the phone the whole time until they were actually in my house, they were here for just under an hour doing all sorts of tests, my little boy then asks me if his Mummy is going to die, I was trying to keep strong for us both but that honestly broke me. In reality I was bricking it as I thought i was actually going to lose her, she kept on drifting in and out struggling to breath, thankfully the tests then done brought her back round, Bouncers my Wife has been double jabbed and was diagnosed with Long Covid after the first time, please please please take this seriously and think of others when you are out and about 💚
Hope everything works out for the best pal.

Jesus mate. How is she now?

Jesus mate. How is she now?

Very weak mate, it’s taking longer this time to leave her system strangely.

Very weak mate, it’s taking longer this time to leave her system strangely.
One if the lads that works with me stays down near you. Him, his Mrs and we 6 year old all been really no well with it this week.

One if the lads that works with me stays down near you. Him, his Mrs and we 6 year old all been really no well with it this week.

My wife went to a Spa Day at Ribby Hall Village near Preston and they all came back with Covid, two of them are in hospital in a bad way.

Last edited:
My wife went to a Spa Day at Ribby Hall Village near Preston and they all came back with Covid, two of them are in hospital in a bad way.

Sounds awful. How come you called 911 for the ambulance?

Sounds awful. How come you called 911 for the ambulance?

See my above post about my Wife.

This thread has been viewed 320717 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back