• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Corona virus on its own thread.

Yes, it is. My two sons went to the fanzone, tested before and after but my question is why the fuck would anyone go to a fanzone to pay £6 for a pint of Heineken?

Seems young Gilmour has been oot on the lash with his Chelsea pals.
Your lads are sensible though probably that is not in abundence in any fanzone.

BIG G

Where do you think they would be if they weren't in an outdoor socially distanced fanzone? Gathering in houses? Indoors in pubs?
Could have been here.....
2.60432272.jpg
BIG G

You have lost me amigo.

BIG G
WM was told of the decision, they never told the town crier

I read today, in the last 90 days there have been 4 covid related deaths in Scotland. Surely thats a very good stat🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Zab
935AD786-218A-4478-B8DC-94D8CD41BD9F.jpeg
So WM have done the same. And Scotland have it under review! So what exactly is he greeting about?

I read today, in the last 90 days there have been 4 covid related deaths in Scotland. Surely thats a very good stat🤷‍♂️
I think that's the NHS Lothian area.

Trying to watch the First Minister's update that's supposed to be on and all I've heard so far is Tories wittering on about Manchester. Would rather know what's going on here in all honesty.

Trying to watch the First Minister's update that's supposed to be on and all I've heard so far is Tories wittering on about Manchester. Would rather know what's going on here in all honesty.
Aye, sometimes you'd think you'd tuned into one of the BBC English regions.

Glowing endorsement of Hancocks ability from England NHS boss Simon Stevens.

BIG G

This former Deputy Chair of the BMA says what Stevens wouldnae/couldnae. Well said sir.

BIG G

Can anyone advise me here ?....I managed to get a printed copy of my vaccination record online by creating a password on the NHS Scotland website. They sent me a copy within a couple of days.
I have been asked by an elderly Canadian lady who lives in my block and who is desperately wanting to visit her sister in Canada later on in the year, how she goes about getting a similar copy of her vaccination record ? As she is in her 80's she was not sent a letter to get her jab, but was called by phone. She therefore has no username to order a copy online, and the telephone number given on the website was no help.

Anyone any idea how she can go about getting this ?

Can anyone advise me here ?....I managed to get a printed copy of my vaccination record online by creating a password on the NHS Scotland website. They sent me a copy within a couple of days.
I have been asked by an elderly Canadian lady who lives in my block and who is desperately wanting to visit her sister in Canada later on in the year, how she goes about getting a similar copy of her vaccination record ? As she is in her 80's she was not sent a letter to get her jab, but was called by phone. She therefore has no username to order a copy online, and the telephone number given on the website was no help.

I think your vaccination status will be linked to your nhs number? If someone can sign her up to the website she should be able to see her current vaccination status and print it off if necessary. This is what I have been advised to do for my work for future travel to countries that require proof of vaccination

I wish I could help, I cannot seem to get registered on the NHS Scotland website.

I think your vaccination status will be linked to your nhs number? If someone can sign her up to the website she should be able to see her current vaccination status and print it off if necessary. This is what I have been advised to do for my work for future travel to countries that require proof of vaccination

Thanks for that.

I'd just phone the coronavirus helpline in Scotland.

My wife and I are registered online NHS Scotland.

Sometimes I am at a bit of a loss whether to put articles in the Covid thread or Tory corruption as they are linked inextricably.

Hancock and Javid are cut from the same corrupt, callous Conservative cloth. Neither can be trusted with our lives. Our NHS is not safe in the hands of any Tory ministers.

BIG G

What does up to 100% reduction in infections using FFP3 compared to surgical masks mean?
It's either totally effective or not.

What does up to 100% reduction in infections using FFP3 compared to surgical masks mean?
It's either totally effective or not.
FFP3 masks are thee only mask effective, all the cloth ones etc that everyone uses are no worth a fuck imo, be as well no wearing any.

FFP3 masks are thee only mask effective, all the cloth ones etc that everyone uses are no worth a fuck imo, be as well no wearing any.
I was wondering how they arrived at the conclusion that they can eliminate infection well nearly perhaps.

I was wondering how they arrived at the conclusion that they can eliminate infection well nearly perhaps.
They wilnae 😅 as always gonna have on hands etc, which inevitably will touch face and so on, my only thought is finacial gain as these FFP3 masks are nearly 3 times as much to buy 🤣 be some company connected to blah blah land 🤣🤣

They wilnae 😅 as always gonna have on hands etc, which inevitably will touch face and so on, my only thought is finacial gain as these FFP3 masks are nearly 3 times as much to buy 🤣 be some company connected to blah blah land 🤣🤣

31-100% is a huge error margin.

Anyone else bored to fuck of this virus .
Sick of scaremongering with variants and high case numbers while they urge everyone to get tested twice a week 😑

All important numbers are low.
So wish the government and twitter freaks would just fuck off

Sick of scaremongering with variants and high case numbers while they urge everyone to get tested twice a week 😑

I've been bored of it since March 2020.

You're right that it doesn't seem to be doing much harm just now. The problem that I can see is that by effectively sacrificing kids and young people to getting it, we're not just taking a gamble on unknown long term effects but creating a perfect breeding ground for a new variant which current vaccines are not effective against.

No.

All important numbers aren't low. Some of the worst in the country at the moment is East Lothian. The Euros ,Wimbledon et al will come back to haunt us. Yet you can now expect Javid to be even more gung ho than Hancock. The Tories are killing us. It's time we sat up and noticed.

All important numbers aren't low. Some of the worst in the country at the moment is East Lothian. The Euros ,Wimbledon et al will come back to haunt us. Yet you can now expect Javid to be even more gung ho than Hancock. The Tories are killing us. It's time we sat up and noticed.

Yup cases rising, countries across the world expressing concern about our case numbers, 60,000 at Wembley will also come back to haunt us, vaccines don't stop people carrying a invisible virus, the approach within the Tory party seems to be we are opening at any cost, another bad decision looming.

I'd say the approach by both Westminster and Scottish governments is the same - let the young get infected because it'll get us to herd immunity quicker.

I'm not sure whether I agree with that approach or not (there's a balance of risk between infection and vaccination in the young that's much less clear cut than in older people) but either way I feel tremendously sorry for young folk. They've put their lives on hold for over a year to protect the older and more vulnerable and now they're just expected to get infected as the last stage of getting us out of this. Meanwhile older folk who have been double vaccinated will be allowed to travel without quarantine soon but the young uns will get no such exemption.

This top up jag/jab has got me worried. If you're getting it in conjunction with the flu jag, it only takes a tired nurse to give you two doses of one and not the other.

I'd say the approach by both Westminster and Scottish governments is the same - let the young get infected because it'll get us to herd immunity quicker.

I'm not sure whether I agree with that approach or not (there's a balance of risk between infection and vaccination in the young that's much less clear cut than in older people) but either way I feel tremendously sorry for young folk. They've put their lives on hold for over a year to protect the older and more vulnerable and now they're just expected to get infected as the last stage of getting us out of this. Meanwhile older folk who have been double vaccinated will be allowed to travel without quarantine soon but the young uns will get no such exemption.
Another recipe for disaster. What are they thinking about?

BIG G

Another recipe for disaster. What are they thinking about?

BIG G
Apparently three weeks is optimal for Pfizer and Moderna and is the schedule they're working to in USA as well. I'm surprised at them reducing gap for AZ though as it's supposed to be much more effective with a longer gap.

Incidentally I tried to get my AZ at 7 weeks as I'm on hols when my scheduled appointment comes round but was told they wouldn't do it until 8 week mark at the earliest.

Boris: We are opening Up, but it's up to the people to be responsible. shoving responsibility into the people for when it goes wrong, no surprise.

Chris Who try 'this is the prime minister's descion', how can anyone trust him after past descions. Interesting when Vallance was asked how many excess deaths he deliberately dodged a answer.

Boris: We are opening Up, but it's up to the people to be responsible. shoving responsibility into the people for when it goes wrong, no surprise.
Kind of agree, but disagree if you know what I mean.

Personally, I think facemasks should be up to individual responsibility rather than being enforced by law, so I think Johnson is right to make this decision.

I do take your point though, if things get worse (fingers crossed we don't see a spike in serious illness and hospitalisation) it's an easy fall-back for politicians to blame the public for not taking more care.

Kind of agree, but disagree if you know what I mean.

Personally, I think facemasks should be up to individual responsibility rather than being enforced by law, so I think Johnson is right to make this decision.

I do take your point though, if things get worse (fingers crossed we don't see a spike in serious illness and hospitalisation) it's an easy fall-back for politicians to blame the public for not taking more care.
Absolutely, I think that he and his government should take a far more cautious approach, opening up completely does seem rather reckless as Keir Starmer has said, infection rate going up, the more infection the more chance of a new variant.

Apparently three weeks is optimal for Pfizer and Moderna and is the schedule they're working to in USA as well. I'm surprised at them reducing gap for AZ though as it's supposed to be much more effective with a longer gap.

Incidentally I tried to get my AZ at 7 weeks as I'm on hols when my scheduled appointment comes round but was told they wouldn't do it until 8 week mark at the earliest.
Over here we only have the choice between Pfizer and Moderna, they have binned the Astra Zenica and Johnson vaccines. Something to do with blood clots. We have to wait 12 weeks between jabs. I have to wait until the middle of September for jab nr two.:wallbash:

Over here we only have the choice between Pfizer and Moderna, they have binned the Astra Zenica and Johnson vaccines. Something to do with blood clots. We have to wait 12 weeks between jabs. I have to wait until the middle of September for jab nr two.:wallbash:
Here in NL, they are now talking of offering Pfizer as a 2nd jab for folk who had AZ first time round.

Too late for me probs. Slated for my 2nd AZ shot on Saturday... :(

My 19 year old nephew got his first jab this morning, it was the Moderna one.
He was told 28 days till his second one.

The Tories have returned to the herd immunity strategy that went so well last year. Apparently the English are expected to believe it's now or never and that it wouldn't be in any way better to wait a couple of months until everyone is vaccinated.

Let's hope that the Scottish gov has the sense and balls not to follow this idiocy.

In their latest move, the UK gov is creating and encouraging a human petrie dish where the circumstances are perfect for the creation of new variants which evade vaccines.

The Tories have returned to the herd immunity strategy that went so well last year. Apparently the English are expected to believe it's now or never and that it wouldn't be in any way better to wait a couple of months until everyone is vaccinated.

Let's hope that the Scottish gov has the sense and balls not to follow this idiocy.

In their latest move, the UK gov is creating and encouraging a human petrie dish where the circumstances are perfect for the creation of new variants which evade vaccines.

England aren’t exactly leading the way on lifting restrictions and moving towards heard immunity. For example Hungary did so over a month go (50% of the population had had a least a first dose only at that stage), as have large parts of the USA.

It’s not possible to vaccinate everyone so we can’t wait for that to happen or we’ll be waiting forever, therefore herd immunity has to come in to play at some point.

England aren’t exactly leading the way on lifting restrictions and moving towards heard immunity. For example Hungary did so over a month go (50% of the population had had a least a first dose only at that stage), as have large parts of the USA.

It’s not possible to vaccinate everyone so we can’t wait for that to happen or we’ll be waiting forever, therefore herd immunity has to come in to play at some point.
Exactly. There are many on here for whom there will literally never be a set of circumstances where it is deemed acceptable to get on with life.

Reactions: Zab

This thread has been viewed 319739 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back