• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Corona virus on its own thread.

They're going to have to do a lot better at explaining what that app is. Cut it down to a sentence, don't expect everyone to read a full page.
Just used it in boozer and it's quite handy tbf. There's a QR code on every table so you just scan that and that's you checked in. Better than faffing about on the way in filling in a piece of paper and it'll give the Test and Trace people better info if needed.

I had my second Astra Zeneca jag on Saturday, felt fine on Saturday and yesterday, and after jag number one. Feel rotten today though.

I had my second Astra Zeneca jag on Saturday, felt fine on Saturday and yesterday, and after jag number one. Feel rotten today though.
How long between jags M?

26 February for 1st, 1 May for 2nd, felt nowt with the first one, hingin' today though. Like a bad hangover and feverish/ aches.

26 February for 1st, 1 May for 2nd, felt nowt with the first one, hingin' today though. Like a bad hangover and feverish/ aches.

My first AstraZeneca floored me! Dreading the second!

Now scheduled for May 12th at QMU drive thru!

My first AstraZeneca floored me! Dreading the second!
How long for, K?

Getting my second AstraZenica this week. Old trick that I have employed before and after my numerous tattoos over the years and also for the first jab. Eyes down for a full house. Two paracetamol and two ibuprofen a couple of hours prior to and two bottles of splendid wine following. I feel no pain, not a care in the world and splendid sleep guarenteed.

Yours in anesthesiology.

BIG G

How long for, K?

36-48 hours. TBF probably not that bad but I'm a wimp with flu like shivering etc!

Interesting to note that Dominic raab is speculating that life will be close to ‘normal’ from June but masks will probably be staying for the foreseeable. Probably was always going to be that way right enough. I do think though that the aftershock of this pandemic will be felt for years and years ahead. Even if the government said you don’t have to wear masks, a large amount of people will still do so any way

Interesting to note that Dominic raab is speculating that life will be close to ‘normal’ from June but masks will probably be staying for the foreseeable. Probably was always going to be that way right enough. I do think though that the aftershock of this pandemic will be felt for years and years ahead. Even if the government said you don’t have to wear masks, a large amount of people will still do so any way
You are probably right.....I think it should be up to the individual though.
People should be able to make their own risk assessment in the future with regard to Covid IMO.
Many will continue to wear masks, whereas many won't.
Personally, I don't think they should be mandatory where they are now beyond say the end of this year, but that's just my own opinion.

My youngest lassie was unwell 3 days after her first jag, also unwell a couple of days after her second yin tae, same symptoms. My mate was ill after his first jag tae. Think it’s just yer luck.

Now scheduled for May 12th at QMU drive thru!
Where I went Aggie, murder tryin tae get yer erse oot the car windae. 😉

You are probably right.....I think it should be up to the individual though.
People should be able to make their own risk assessment in the future with regard to Covid IMO.
Many will continue to wear masks, whereas many won't.
Personally, I don't think they should be mandatory where they are now beyond say the end of this year, but that's just my own opinion.
Definitely, agree with that mate. Personally, I can’t wait until I can go work or the shop without having to wear one but aware there will be some who will want to

India produces 60% of the vaccines world wide and yet they are dieying in their thousands. It's a sick society we live in. Boris can pay £800 quid a roll for wallpaper claim the vaccine is going swimmingly whilst India burns it's victims and the UK cuts it's foreign aide.

India spent over 2 billion on nuclear weapons in 2018, it has the 3rd highest number of billionaires in the world but it's the UK's fault for cutting foreign aid, aye right.

You have to wonder what the hell is going on in Moray which is completely defying the overall trend in Scotland.

Last edited:
I wouldn't listen to Raab speculating on anything. Man is a sycophantic idiot.( he is a cabinet member!)
The opening up of everything en masse will lead to another lockdown.

I wouldn't listen to Raab speculating on anything. Man is a sycophantic idiot.( he is a cabinet member!)
The opening up of everything en masse will lead to another lockdown.
No it won't. Or at the very least, it fucking shouldn't.

The media are at it as always. Avoid newspapers at all costs, no wonder people’s mental health is suffering during this crisis

You have to wonder what the hell is going on in Moray which is completely defying the overall trend in Scotland.
I'm not sure it is defying the overall trend any more as there's a lot of increases across the board. Glasgow City and Clackmannanshire have both trebled in case numbers in the space of a week. Lots of other areas have doubled. I don't expect any of that will lead to hospitals being overwhelmed or any need for another full lockdown but I do think that a lot of under 50s are going to get pretty sick over the coming weeks. Can't help feeling that keeping things tight for another few weeks while the vaccine made it's way through more of the under 50s would have given us a better shot at herd immunity and avoided a big increase in cases. We've been dealing with this shite for over a year, what difference would another 4 weeks have made.

A friend posted this on Facebook, he says it as well as I could so it's just a copy and paste job!

I would say the summary of the main report is probably for pandemic nerds; the main report for super pandemic nerds who can't sleep and the companion is no friend of mine!

"A Damning Report
A swift and collaborative international response could have prevented the 2019 Covid-19 outbreak in China from turning into a global catastrophe in 2020, according to a scathing report on the response of world leaders and the World Health Organization to the pandemic.
An expert review by the Independent Panel for Pandemic Preparedness and Response, commissioned by the WHO, sets out lessons for preventing future pandemics and makes dozens of recommendations for reform.

Some parts of Glasgow seeing a significant increase in cases.

Seems that the Indian variant is becoming more of a concern. Some have said it’s from people travelling in from that country. Shouldn’t the government be given a smack on the arse with this? Why on earth were flights from and to this country not stopped immediately

A perfect storm.

Over in India a new variant evolves, no more dangerous than previous strains but is more easily transferred and effects younger folk as much as anyone else.

India is rocked by an explosion cases, their health care system is overwhelmed.

The UK, while negotiating a trade deal, is reluctant to close air links with India. Before they are closed thousands flee the country, 5% are identified as being covid positive on arrival. God only knows how many others on these 8 to 10 hour flights have caught it but its too early to tell.

The UK is within a hairs breath of kicking the virus into touch (again) through a superb vaccine rollout programme.

However those from ethic backgrounds, like Indians, are reluctant to take the vaccine, the younger generations in their multi generational households haven't even had the opportunity to take the vaccine.

A daresay those monitoring the virus in the UK are shitting themselves. It looks like this devious wee fucker of a virus has found a new way to be a devious wee fucker!

The sun being cheerful this morning about the vaccine being efficient against this strain. Can’t have that, where is the doom and gloom?

The sun being cheerful this morning about the vaccine being efficient against this strain. Can’t have that, where is the doom and gloom?

If its that rag, it will be a lie.

If its that rag, it will be a lie.

yeah I don’t look or buy it, just saw it referred to

The evidence so far is showing that the current vaccines are efficient against the Indian variant. What they don't know for sure is transmission rates with it and if they are higher.
We absolutely must get more people to take up the vaccine when offered. That and surge testing in those areas is the way to go to keep this in check. We are always going to have new variants emerging from Covid, but we have a weapon against it now, in fact we have several. Cases will inevitably go up as we move forward, the key thing is to stop people getting ill and having to go into hospital.

Hospitalisations across the whole of the UK are now below 1,000. Let’s hope this continues on this trend 🤞🤞

According to the green/amber/red system, several countries showing very minimal deaths and infections are red. Such as Malawi. Ethiopia and Tanzania in particular that has recorded 509 infections and only 21 deaths. I am assuming the goverment is sceptical about figures from African countries

The irony of 'our' government being sceptical of figures from other countries..... :sm113:

According to the green/amber/red system, several countries showing very minimal deaths and infections are red. Such as Malawi. Ethiopia and Tanzania in particular that has recorded 509 infections and only 21 deaths. I am assuming the goverment is sceptical about figures from African countries
It's something I've mentioned on this thread at least a couple of times. Some African countries barely have a health system never mind an administration behind it counting things!

It's something I've mentioned on this thread at least a couple of times. Some African countries barely have a health system never mind an administration behind it counting things!
The same country that has an absurdly high HIV/AIDS incidence so yeah, their health system leaves a lot to be desired

Better nash out now if you're wanting a drink in Edinburgh!

Mass testing in four Edinburgh neighbourhoods after surge in Covid-19 cases

The latest Public Health Scotland data shows that Edinburgh has the fourth highest infection rate of the 32 local authorities in Scotland.

Watching Cummings today was extremely telling. He admits that his 240 miles trip to Durham "was definitely a major disaster for the government and the Covid policy."
An ex employee with grievance, possibly.
Never the less he was Chief Advisor to Johnson and his comments are damning and puts a bit flesh on the bones of what we already knew..

BIG G

Watching Cummings today was extremely telling. He admits that his 240 miles trip to Durham "was definitely a major disaster for the government and the Covid policy."
An ex employee with grievance, possibly.
Never the less he was Chief Advisor to Johnson and his comments are damning and puts a bit flesh on the bones of what we already knew..

BIG G
I think it will take a considerable time to pick the bones out of that.

Quite a lot so far that was alleged and rubbished has been confirmed as true (from someone I wouldn't trust with my leftover kebab) and worse besides.

Despite this I can't see the bastards being affected by the polls.

Riots would be a possibility but there seems to be no appetite these days and demonstrations have all but been made illegal!

How the fuck did we get here?
(rhetorical question)

Cummings is an absolute snake. But sometimes a snake can bite it's handler if not handled correctly.

A tweet from Howard Beckett a left wing candidate for General Secretary of Unite the Union, says it all about Starmers forensic opposition .

Screenshot_20210526-160306_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210526-162656_Chrome.jpg

BIG G

A tweet from Howard Beckett a left wing candidate for General Secretary of Unite the Union, says it all about Starmers forensic opposition .

View attachment 5029
View attachment 5030

BIG G
I think its Labour Party policy these days not to join with the other opposition parties on with anything that's not their idea.

I'm sure that came to light recently when the other opposition parties wanted a debate on Boris is a lying bastard.

This thread has been viewed 319726 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back