• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Corona virus on its own thread.

What were the failed control measures? I've not seen that (genuinely)

Cast your mind back 1 year, then fast forward month by month, pausing to ask yourself what effective control measures were in place for arrivals from abroad, each time.

BIG G

They did travel before the current regulations, hotels, were brought in.
So did hundreds of thousands of other travellers to the UK too. Fact.
There is certainly a story there . A sad one.

BIG G

Cast your mind back 1 year, then fast forward month by month, pausing to ask yourself what effective control measures were in place for arrivals from abroad, each time.

BIG G
Yes, I know that the border control measures are weak and were a year too slow at being implemented, I just wondered what had happened today that you thought would be discussed.

BIG G
We all knew that BIG G the point has been made repeatedly. The only folk that didn't apparently know were those that were able to put such measures in place although they probably did but chose to ignore it, probably for personal financial reasons.

I thought you were just on about this particular incident ... which everyone and their dug predicted would happen. Well except those that thought we had the toughest international restrictions in the world.

Primary schools going back full time, high schools part time from 15 March.

Considering ways to accelerate exit from lockdown in light of improving figures.

The Johnson.& Johnson vaccine seems quite perky....

20210304_160653.jpg

That crowd that I copy the Edinburgh graph from did a survey a week or so ago about folks eating and drinking habits now compared with pre lockdowns. You might be interested.

I am in the slightly improved eating habits and have all but stopped drinking. I'm not teetotal I've just don't have the opportunity to drink at the moment. :11:

Screenshot_20210306-113556_COVID Symptom Study.jpg

That crowd that I copy the Edinburgh graph from did a survey a week or so ago about folks eating and drinking habits now compared with pre lockdowns. You might be interested.

I am in the slightly improved eating habits and have all but stopped drinking. I'm not teetotal I've just don't have the opportunity to drink at the moment. :11:

View attachment 4564

My eating habits have probably improved slightly due to not eating out. My alcohol consumption has dropped a fair bit due to not drinking in pubs, events etc.

On the other hand, I'm way less active and haven't been to the dentist for a year.

Dont like drinking in the house so my alcohol consumption's gone down , might have the odd beer with my tea. Definately eating healthier, probably for the same reason as hibadelic .Probably a lot fitter anaw taking the dug for long walks

M y drinking will be down, I suspect my sugar consumption will be up but also my fitness will be up because of all the cycling.

Incredibly my alcohol intake has reached new heights, my liver must be about the size of a football.
Probably eating healthier because I’m doing some of the cooking.
:lookaround:

Incredibly my alcohol intake has reached new heights, my liver must be about the size of a football.
Probably eating healthier because I’m doing some of the cooking.
:lookaround:
Hope Mrs Shrink disnae read this

West Lothian 7 day average per 100k has dropped below 100 for the first time this year. Also has gone from being the highest rate in the country on 20 Feb to 7th now.

West Lothian 7 day average per 100k has dropped below 100 for the first time this year. Also has gone from being the highest rate in the country on 20 Feb to 7th now.

I saw that, we would be in the new tier 3, I think that would mean the reopening of non-essential retail, hospitality and services like gyms and hairdressers?

I saw that, we would be in the new tier 3, I think that would mean the reopening of non-essential retail, hospitality and services like gyms and hairdressers?
I believe so although I don't think the tier system kicks in till late April? Hopefully by then, and now that the mad West Lothian spike seems to have passed, we'll be down in line with the rest of Lothian (currently 40-50 case per 100k/7 days) so hopefully straight in to Tier 2.

Depends what happens when schools go back I suppose. And how many West Lothian huns got involved in the weekend shenanigans...

Found this:

1615318373721.png

Cases on the rise in Scotland according to todays update...going down almost everywhere else in the UK.

Cases on the rise in Scotland according to todays update...going down almost everywhere else in the UK.
George Square Variant?

George Square Variant?
..of the orange variety.

Newco-vid.

Probably due to schools returning, unfortunately. The big increase is among 0-14 year old.

Going to be a long year...

According to 10 oclovk news, Scotland is levelling out 👀

Probably due to schools returning, unfortunately. The big increase is among 0-14 year old.

I’d imagine newco vid will also mean an increase.
The morons ‘celebrating’ with their drooling chums in the Weedge and various enclaves around our country, before going home to pump their sisters and mothers is bound to increase infections and do no favours to the gene pool.

I appreciate the above may be distasteful and upsetting although probably factually correct.
I’ll take the ban.

According to 10 oclovk news, Scotland is levelling out 👀

Definitely increasing although it's only a few days, could easily drop again.
Screenshot_20210312-230915_Chrome.jpg

The worrying thing is the spread in u14s in the last 7 days:
Screenshot_20210312-231024_Chrome.jpg

Compare to percentages overall since last March:
Screenshot_20210312-230945_Chrome.jpg

Not sure that's true, we're just a bit ahead but definitely increasing elsewhere too...
Screenshot_20210312-233431_Chrome.jpg

Professor Linda Bauld, one of the top scientific advisors to the scottish government, said today she is confident we will be more or less back to normal by the summer. I think so as well.

Professor Linda Bauld, one of the top scientific advisors to the scottish government, said today she is confident we will be more or less back to normal by the summer. I think so as well.
It must be pretty much the first time I've disagreed with her.

I'm hopeful, optimistic that things are open for the summer, my birthday pints and meals! But it won't be normal as normal used to be.

I'll bore everyone to death with my mantra of anyone that predicts anything more than a fortnight in advance with this wee bastard of a virus is likely to be wrong.

In isolation the UK is doing fantastically well but this is a global pandemic and the rest of the world is basically shit at it. Daily infections are back up to almost 500k a day this week from 300k a month or so ago. And therin lies the problem - we're not properly in isolation.

I'll bore everyone to death with my mantra of anyone that predicts anything more than a fortnight in advance with this wee bastard of a virus is likely to be wrong
She's not really predicting the virus though, she's predicting the vaccine rollout. Given that the stated aim is to have all adults vaccinated by end July (and I reckon it'll be much sooner) why wouldn't things be more or less normal by summer?

I hope so but it's not guaranteed. All it would take is a new variant which the vaccines are not as effective with and we're back to square 1 with regards vaccinating the population.

If we don’t see any fallout after last weekend’s shenanigans, I’ll be very surprised, but if we don’t, does that mean there’s fuckall tae worry about?

She's not really predicting the virus though, she's predicting the vaccine rollout. Given that the stated aim is to have all adults vaccinated by end July (and I reckon it'll be much sooner) why wouldn't things be more or less normal by summer?
We've been telt often enough that the vaccine is only part of the solution. The vaccine is great and predictable both in terms of efficacy and roll out, so far. Given its brand new there's still stuff to learn.

The virus has only been predictable in its unpredictability. We almost had its ass whipped last summer only for, among others things, the more transmissible Kent variant to come along and then the the Brazilian one (among the 1,000s of variants those two caused real concern and fucked things up a bit).

I'm hoping things are more normal but I still think that will be quite far from normal, I'm thinking last summers normal.

Summer for me is summer holidays abroad, going to pre season friendlies and the league cup, meeting mates in the pub to watch Scotland playing England in the Euros, folk going to festivals, our Edinburgh festivals, getting up from sitting outside the pub at 10 to go inside.

We've been telt often enough that the vaccine is only part of the solution. The vaccine is great and predictable both in terms of efficacy and roll out, so far. Given its brand new there's still stuff to learn.

The virus has only been predictable in its unpredictability. We almost had its ass whipped last summer only for, among others things, the more transmissible Kent variant to come along and then the the Brazilian one (among the 1,000s of variants those two caused real concern and fucked things up a bit).

I'm hoping things are more normal but I still think that will be quite far from normal, I'm thinking last summers normal.

Summer for me is summer holidays abroad, going to pre season friendlies and the league cup, meeting mates in the pub to watch Scotland playing England in the Euros, folk going to festivals, our Edinburgh festivals, getting up from sitting outside the pub at 10 to go inside.
I reckon summer holidays abroad are out and I don't think we'll have many (if any) foreign tourists at the festivals (which I reckon will happen in some form or other), and I think Scotland v England will be too early. But I bet the rest of it will be fine by August - loser buys the first round!

I reckon summer holidays abroad are out and I don't think we'll have many (if any) foreign tourists at the festivals (which I reckon will happen in some form or other), and I think Scotland v England will be too early. But I bet the rest of it will be fine by August - loser buys the first round!
Only if its indoors :beer-1-prv:

It's all down to when they decide that social distancing is no longer required.

I've got two main bank accounts. One has my main money in it, it rarely leaves the house, the other is for day to day use like withdrawing cash to get a round in!

I've just received a letter from the bank saying its been some time since I've used the day to day card, do I still need it? How shit is that that I've never needed cash in over a year? 😭

And I've still got about £200 in cash in the house that's been nowhere and going nowhere!

YES I need the card! Nicola Sturgeon has indicated I might have to buy @Rocky a pint. :happydance:

Germany fearing a 3rd wave according to CNN

YES I need the card! Nicola Sturgeon has indicated I might have to buy @Rocky a pint. :happydance:
Yass, 'mon the pints :3:

Germany fearing a 3rd wave according to CNN

Germany is surrounded by some of the worst hit countries; Belgium, Netherlands, Czech Rep and Poland. I'm amazed at how well they've done so far.

Who were considered to be the 2 best prepared countries for a pandemic?

Who were considered to be the 2 best prepared countries for a pandemic?
USA and UK!

USA and UK!
Just such a shame it was the wrong kind of pandemic

This thread has been viewed 319726 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back