• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Corona virus on its own thread.

I don't think its the BBC. Sort of.

The UK government put their fake figures out and the media, quite rightly in my opinion, take and compare them with other countries and not just the devolved nations. Each outlet puts on its own slant.

I can understand that during campaigning all political parties are a bit economical with the truth shall we say but for the most part HM Governments have been fair when publishing numbers to the point of being anal about getting them as accurate as possible. That went for folk I knew in England as well. Of course there were some numbers just didn't get published! It seems those days of being honest and impartial have gone, in London anyway.

What annoys me is the BBC have set themselves up as Lord of the Fact Checker, a paragon of even handedness, but constantly allow government misinformation to be spouted across their whole platform. He who pays the piper and all that.
They clearly went for volume in England ahead of doing the hard yards in care homes per JCVI recommendations, despite every care home jag saving 8 times as many lives as over 80s in the community. And then that slimy prick Gove made political capital out of the numbers and making the faux offer to help Scotland with the rollout. And now Scotland is racing ahead but it's all gone quiet on comparisons (as it should be, it's not a race ffs).

This is where I think we now fundamentally differ from English people. I certainly wouldn't express the sentiments seen earlier in the thread about English people being enemies. However it's clear from polling that what the Tories offer is what they want. So we can no longer just call this a Westminster problem, it's a fundamental difference between the Scottish and English populace. Hence I'm reluctantly in the independence camp.

What an utter penis of a man . Kind of stuff you'd hear an edl supporter say about the krauts and 2 world wars everyone hates them. Hate filled sad wee man I'd swap you for millions of good English people from Liverpool to Hackney. My kids are half English are they half hated around the world, what side do they pick the mungrals
You liken me to an EDL member and in doing so use the term ‘krauts’ to describe German people? Amazing. I’ve been to many countries and there’s only one where I’ve been racially abused and treated as an inferior for being Scottish. Care to guess where? Still wondering why I’m hate filled?

You liken me to an EDL member and in doing so use the term ‘krauts’ to describe German people? Amazing. I’ve been to many countries and there’s only one where I’ve been racially abused and treated as an inferior for being Scottish. Care to guess where? Still wondering why I’m hate filled?
In all honesty you appear to be displaying naked racism. In my opinion.

In all honesty you appear to be displaying naked racism. In my opinion.
It’s a result of my experiences. Don’t worry, I’m not on a mission to actually exterminate anyone.

It’s a result of my experiences. Don’t worry, I’m not on a mission to actually exterminate anyone.
Fair enough. ACAB

Exactly, my grandad was English..though he died when I was youn, but hating English would include some of my ancestors I never knew. One of my daughter in law is English so I would be hating my grandchildren. Half of us had we lived during the Jacobite period would be fighting for the royalists if we weren't RC. We have more in common with English than most of the rest of Europe. I like the rivalry but I have no hatred. I have little time for certain English like I have little time for most rangers, Celtic, hearts supporters etc etc That said I have had a few good mates who have supported these teams. Too much hatred in the world without people even knowing why they hate

still think it strange that we get tested every week at work yet have to wear masks everywhere. Yet footballers can hug after a goal, rugby players can join in a scrum. Not surprised there is apathy out there

The 7 day average of positive cases in West Lothian has more than doubled in a week. I believe it was originally linked to Addiewell prison but it looks like there's high rates across the south of the county now. 6 days ago West Lothian was 97% of the Scottish average, now it's 202%.

The 7 day average of positive cases in West Lothian has more than doubled in a week. I believe it was originally linked to Addiewell prison but it looks like there's high rates across the south of the county now. 6 days ago West Lothian was 97% of the Scottish average, now it's 202%.

Seems its gone crazy again? As an aside as one of those who live in the south of West lothian, my appointment for the jag came through today.

Seems its gone crazy again? As an aside as one of those who live in the south of West lothian, my appointment for the jag came through today.

If you take a look at the cases by neighbourhood on there it looks pretty bad around Whitburn and Blackburn (plus Breich Valley which I believe includes Addiewell). Not so bad across Livi way and fairly low in the north. I'm going to put a roadblock at Dechmont to keep youse Southern clarts oot!

Good to hear about the jag.

Vaccination chart on there shows some pretty low figures for the Lothians / Edinburgh compared to everywhere else.

If you take a look at the cases by neighbourhood on there it looks pretty bad around Whitburn and Blackburn (plus Breich Valley which I believe includes Addiewell). Not so bad across Livi way and fairly low in the north. I'm going to put a roadblock at Dechmont to keep youse Southern clarts oot!

I follow the same dashboard daily, my area has been 0-2 for over a month, it was up past 20 when Almondvale shopping, McArthur Glen and the boozers were open. The areas you mention not only have a tin pail but a number of care homes and inbred huns. :3:

On the jag, I am in my mid 50's so they are fair getting through them.

AstraZenica jab yesterday. Usually a poor sleeper. I slept like a log until 12.00, which is not a bad side effect in my case..

BIG G

Oh ....Yeah better hope ,yeah don't get me , the auld hands are a bit shaky these days ....haha.....

On the jag, I am in my mid 50's so they are fair getting through them.
Unless there's another reason you're on priority list. 28,000 BMI ?

Oh ....Yeah better hope ,yeah don't get me , the auld hands are a bit shaky these days ....haha.....

You at the pyramids? You know I like a prick.....

.......In the arm.

You at the pyramids? You know I like a prick.....

.....In the arm.
Still in Dumfries.....Doing my duty. Look forward tae meeting up for a pint ,after this sad period passes. Got my second jab , Monday.
Good luck tomorrow, a strangely satisfying experience.

Still in Dumfries.....Doing my duty. Look forward tae meeting up for a pint ,after this sad period passes. Got my second jab , Monday.
Good luck tomorrow, a strangely satisfying experience.

Getting it next Thursday, fair put a spring in my step! First round on me that glorious day we can all meet.

Getting it next Thursday, fair put a spring in my step! First round on me that glorious day we can all meet.
Didnae think you were Shrinks age M?

Didnae think you were Shrinks age M?

Half his age mate, twice his IQ and same choices in vino!!

I think the care home in Whitburn took a sair yin.
My missus hasn’t had her jab yet.
Must be doing all the ugly fuckers first.

Don't think so. My missus hasn't had hers yet either.

Ooh ya fcuker!!!!
If Mrs Weehibbydrew reads that you’re a dead man.

Ooh ya fcuker!!!!
If Mrs Weehibbydrew reads that you’re a dead man.
Thankfully she doesn't ?

I hope

nor mine.

got my vac on wednesday, felt terrible all day yesterday, better today.

Fair point. I've had mine.

Fair point. I've had mine.
Aye. Me anaw.

Very soon we'll be moving away from vaccinating on mostly an age basis and shielding, 1 to 5 on the covid scale, and moving to those with underlying conditions, 6, and over 50s like me in group 7.

Its surprised me that roughly a third of the population are older than me!

Nothing to see here

Wait until the end of April

Boooooo

Nothing to see here

Wait until the end of April

Boooooo
Dunno why she even bothered. If you've got fuckall to tell us other than "as you were for another two months", just shut the fuck up.

Dunno why she even bothered. If you've got fuckall to tell us other than "as you were for another two months", just shut the fuck up.
We are basically going to be following the same re-opening programme as England except we will be about a month behind them.

Last edited:
March 15th self rule - do what the fuk you want in the comfort of your own - or friends and families - back garden within reason and without taking the piss.

that’ll be a year since this kicked off and we’re still expected to stay at home. GTF, that’s plenty.

I think TSG is required to report to parliament regularly. I can't remember if that's every Tuesday or a multiple thereof. Maybe its every Tuesday but every 3rd week must include a report on emergency measures i.e. lockdown. I think that was today hence the hype.

I'm a bit disappointed at the lack of progress out of lockdown but I suppose we're on the cusp of unknown territory, what will happen as far as community transmission is concerned as the vaccine rolls out.

The upcoming issue is moving from deaths to those smitten with long covid as it will be affecting the millions of under 50s while they're waiting on their jab. The going rate suggests 10% of those catching primary disease end up with it. On current figures that's around 400,000 in the UK. An extra drain on our already "underfunded" health services.

Must admit I found Sturgeon's update psychologically a bit tough as there's not much to look forward to in it. However I don't think there's any question that it's a much more adult approach than telling people what they want to hear whilst having your fingers crossed behind your back a la Johnson.

Just not sure I'm that keen on being an adult tbh.

Just not sure I'm that keen on being an adult tbh.
As I say to folk. You have to grow old, you don't have to grow up!

I think TSG is required to report to parliament regularly. I can't remember if that's every Tuesday or a multiple thereof. Maybe its every Tuesday but every 3rd week must include a report on emergency measures i.e. lockdown. I think that was today hence the hype.

I'm a bit disappointed at the lack of progress out of lockdown but I suppose we're on the cusp of unknown territory, what will happen as far as community transmission is concerned as the vaccine rolls out.

The upcoming issue is moving from deaths to those smitten with long covid as it will be affecting the millions of under 50s while they're waiting on their jab. The going rate suggests 10% of those catching primary disease end up with it. On current figures that's around 400,000 in the UK. An extra drain on our already "underfunded" health services.
The long covid thing bothers me as I reckon we could see a huge number of cases in the unvaccinated groups as things open up and given that I'm self employed a 10% chance of being unable to work for an extended period isn't great odds.

The thing that worries me more is that huge numbers of cases creates lots more opportunity for vaccine resistant strains to emerge. If that was to set us back to square one that would be extremely difficult to deal with. Given that everything still sounds pretty pish till June under Johnson's plan anyway I'm starting to think that staying in near lockdown till everyone vaccinated in July with more or less guaranteed return to normality after that might be easier to cope with.

I'm starting to think that staying in near lockdown till everyone vaccinated in July with more or less guaranteed return to normality after that might be easier to cope with.
Not for me. This until July and ... well, I don't want to think about what I'd do. Pretty sure I'm not alone in that.

Not for me. This until July and ... well, I don't want to think about what I'd do. Pretty sure I'm not alone in that.
I know what you mean but I can't bear the thought that we could open up in June, everything goes totally tits up, a new variant emerges, a new vaccine needs developed and we're back in this shite for another eighteen months.

If we could get to the stage of case numbers being low with some easing of restrictions (kids fitba back, meeting my folks in their garden, pints outside at cricket club etc) I'd take that till July if I was confident we'd be hunky dory after that.

I am optimistic things will be more or less back to normal by July/August. It has to be really. The country cannot afford another national lockdown, that's why a more cautious approach is being taken now.

This thread has been viewed 319760 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back