• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Corona virus on its own thread.

I think we're going to see similar everywhere to be honest.

Scotland has just recorded its worst figures of the pandemic.

Globally rates are soaring. I don't think it will be long (a week or so maybe) before we see the first 1,000,000* new cases in a day!

Probably around the same time we go through the 2,000,000* deaths barrier.

In other news there's a 3rd vaccine got the OK for the UK ... but it won't arrive in the country till the spring ?

Travellers to the UK will require a negative test before they get on the plane (or whatever). Good news ... about a year late!

* Officially recorded that is. I still have my doubts about many countries providing accurate data and other countries being able to provide it at all.

Got to be careful about figures for a single day. 93 is recorded deaths, but some go back more than a week. 7 day average is around 40, which is awful but still half of England average and a fraction of London. I don't think we'll reach anything like what's happening in the SE but who knows, things can turn so quickly as we've seen in Ireland and Wales recently.

Scottish government confirm Celtic are exempt from fresh Dubai quarantine rules​

By Aidan Smith @SmithAidan1
Celtic face anxious wait ahead of Hibs clash as government add fresh Dubai quarantine rules

Celtic face anxious wait ahead of Hibs clash as government add fresh Dubai quarantine rules

Government chiefs have tonight confirmed that Celtic are exempt from fresh Dubai quarantine rules.
Dubai has been added to Scotland’s travel quarantine list with travellers returning from the country told to self-isolate for 10 days. The rule comes into effect at 4am on Monday.
The rule will also apply retrospectively for passengers who have travelled to Scotland from Dubai since January 3.
They will have to self-isolate for 10 days dating from when they arrived back to Scotland.

Ms Sturgeon, Freeman and Mr Leitch, Celtic Football Club have played you like a fiddle.

BIG G

Scottish Govt spokesperson: No decision yet on whether Celtic in clear under ‘elite sports’ qualification. Celtic being spoken to by officials from Scot Govt & NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde. Info will be fed back to Ministers who will make decision-possibly lunchtime tmrw
@SkyNews

Scottish Govt spokesperson: No decision yet on whether Celtic in clear under ‘elite sports’ qualification. Celtic being spoken to by officials from Scot Govt & NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde. Info will be fed back to Ministers who will make decision-possibly lunchtime tmrw
@SkyNews
Given one of the players actually has covid and they admit they weren't distancing properly, it would seem odd to exempt them from quarantine.

Story on BBC ten o'clock news.Surrey reporting the biggest rise in the country.Now apart from maybe Guildford this is pure waxed jacket, 4x4, Tory voting country;,Labour think they are doing ok if they come third.Now I don't wont to see people dieing but when it's happening to the Tories own then they will sit up and take notice.

Japanese deaths have doubled in less than 2 months.

Given one of the players actually has covid and they admit they weren't distancing properly, it would seem odd to exempt them from quarantine.

Either Scot.gov demand the (new) law is enforced, while exerting maximum pressure and public criticism of the chinless wonders at the SPFL, match off and Hibs awarded 3 points or Celtic forced to play players who were not in Dubai. That's reasonable.

BIG G

Either Scot.gov demand the (new) law is enforced, while exerting maximum pressure and public criticism of the chinless wonders at the SPFL, match off and Hibs awarded 3 points or Celtic forced to play players who were not in Dubai. That's reasonable.

BIG G
Either option is reasonable. But....
With John Kennedy admitting there were some 'minor slip ups' on Covid policies while in Dubai, this should be an open and shut job.

Rules dont apply to the old firm.
They make them up to suit themselves and it wont change anytime soon

Starting to think that celtic decision could be scotlands Cummings moment.

Alot of football fans could decide that if celtic don't need to follow rules to the letter of the law and look for loopholes then they will too.

Went through the park the day with the kids at the links, you wouldn’t even realise there was a lockdown, why are kids play parks still full.....

Starting to think that celtic decision could be scotlands Cummings moment.

Alot of football fans could decide that if celtic don't need to follow rules to the letter of the law and look for loopholes then they will too.
That celtic are chunts shouldnae mean fitba fans deciding they should "look for loopholes".

I think I will stay in the 99% of the population that will carry on trying no tae add to the pandemic clusterfuck, regardless of what they arseholes dae, or what the SPFL dae. You know. Be an adult.

Went through the park the day with the kids at the links, you wouldn’t even realise there was a lockdown, why are kids play parks still full.....
Ah wiz aboot tae post wont anyone think of the children... and realised they ARE the fucking children!. Damn.

That celtic are chunts shouldnae mean fitba fans deciding they should "look for loopholes".

I think I will stay in the 99% of the population that will carry on trying no tae add to the pandemic clusterfuck, regardless of what they arseholes dae, or what the SPFL dae. You know. Be an adult.
Zacly Emmy, too many thinkin they’re entitled. Spfl and SFA winnae dae fuckall when it’s the both cheeks, Motherwell St Mirren and Killie is a different story. Rips ma fuckin knittin.

BIG G

Precisely because there's a lockdown, there's little else for the kids to do.

I get your point but to be honest, it's outdoors and its little kids who are much less likely to get the virus, pass it on or get sick from it. There are bigger problems...

Edit: worth mentioning that kids don't need to social distance either and can legitimately be out in larger numbers.

Thanks for showing this, @GORDONSMITH7 . This was when Cat Stevens was doing his best to look like me, no' that Moaty would believe it!

Thanks for showing this, @GORDONSMITH7 . This was when Cat Stevens was doing his best to look like me, no' that Moaty would believe it!
I'm not sure who you are so it's kind of hard to make a comment.1848 year of revolution across Europe,year Marx and Engels wrote the Communist Manifesto,and height of the Chartist movement.W?Willie?J?James C?Connolly,Communist?Comrade?Could be a few people,can't think of anyone who looks like Cat Stevens.

I'm not sure who you are so it's kind of hard to make a comment.1848 year of revolution across Europe,year Marx and Engels wrote the Communist Manifesto,and height of the Chartist movement.W?Willie?J?James C?Connolly,Communist?Comrade?Could be a few people,can't think of anyone who looks like Cat Stevens.
There's a guy by the name of Yusuf Islam looks like he could be Cat Steven's old man?

That's ma corner shop closed now, until further notice. It's the McColls on Restalrig Road, very strange. Says it's open tomorrow on their website mind...

That’s my wife, 13 month old son and I all tested positive this morning. Whilst I wasn’t necessarily a conspiracy theorist around covid I have been naive in terms of “I’m young, fit and healthy - it won’t get me”.

None of us have had a high temperature, persistent cough or lost our sense of smell / taste but the muscle aches throughout Tuesday day and night were unbearable so I decided to get us all tested as a precaution and now glad I did.

Aches and pains are more manageable but today the tightness round the chest and shortness of breath is quite scary. I have asthma (very, very mild) and it’s quite similar to when I need a few puffs of my inhaler, which again isn’t very often.

Little man is fine thankfully and wife a bit fatigued but generally ok. Managed to get some time off work to help out. My wife is just finishing her mat leave.

Fingers crossed that’s the worst of it gone.

For anyone around the age of 30 and thinking they are invincible, think again. It’s been a scary 48 hours for us all.

That said, it’ll be the isolation that potentially gets the better of me (or should I say, when my wife gets the better of me after driving her demented?).

Stay safe everyone.

That’s my wife, 13 month old son and I all tested positive this morning. Whilst I wasn’t necessarily a conspiracy theorist around covid I have been naive in terms of “I’m young, fit and healthy - it won’t get me”.

None of us have had a high temperature, persistent cough or lost our sense of smell / taste but the muscle aches throughout Tuesday day and night were unbearable so I decided to get us all tested as a precaution and now glad I did.

Aches and pains are more manageable but today the tightness round the chest and shortness of breath is quite scary. I have asthma (very, very mild) and it’s quite similar to when I need a few puffs of my inhaler, which again isn’t very often.

Little man is fine thankfully and wife a bit fatigued but generally ok. Managed to get some time off work to help out. My wife is just finishing her mat leave.

For anyone around the age of 30 and thinking they are invincible, think again. It’s been a scary 48 hours for us all.

That said, it’ll be the isolation that potentially gets the better of me (or should I say, when my wife gets the better of me after driving her demented?).

Stay safe everyone.
Take care mate. Hope you and the family recover quickly

Stay safe everyone.

Where do you think you caught it R, have you been out and about much? Look after yourselves.

Where do you think you caught it R, have you been out and about much? Look after yourselves.
No clue - difficult to say who gave who it too in the family as none of us have had covid symptoms as such. I’ve only seen one other person outside in 2021.

My wife has met a couple of friends for walks outside, one at a time. They are all fine.

I’ve two suspicions:

1.) Scotmid / Asda local to me. Been in a few times past 7-10 days. Probably too often upon reflection!

2.) The takeaway delivery driver on Saturday who decided to hand every item to me with no gloves on as opposed to ringing the doorbell and walking away. Equally though, it was my choice to take it from him...

This UK study is interesting. For those interested in this sort of stuff.

No clue - difficult to say who gave who it too in the family as none of us have had covid symptoms as such. I’ve only seen one other person outside in 2021.

My wife has met a couple of friends for walks outside, one at a time. They are all fine.

I’ve two suspicions:

1.) Scotmid / Asda local to me. Been in a few times past 7-10 days. Probably too often upon reflection!

2.) The takeaway delivery driver on Saturday who decided to hand every item to me with no gloves on as opposed to ringing the doorbell and walking away. Equally though, it was my choice to take it from him...

Hope you're starting to feel better. Terrible disease.

Scotmids are particularly bad in my experience. I stopped shopping in my local store (Granton Road) a while ago as none of the staff wore masks at any time. I suspect (admittedly with no evidence beyond what's common sense) that smaller convenience stores are likely to be high risk for transmission.

Sorry to hear that Chuck. It’s a horrible virus and from your experience it affects everyone no matter their age or whether they have ‘underlying health conditions’.

From a fat old unfit *&*^ I take some satisfaction that the young fannies behaving like *&*^ shouldn’t be as fucking smug as they appear to be.

Brazilian variant detected in the UK and is causing alarm, from what I hear is the worry and early thought is the vaccine currently in the UK may not cover this variant, going to be many many more variants to come in the coming years.

I got my 1st jab today at work and told I'll get my 2nd on april the 9th.
Nurses were going through the queues at a good rate,all good.hopefully we'll beat this shit and get back to real living soon

The latest from independent Sage facebook.com/107587837625537/videos/520181128955720

Glastonbury cancelled again for this year.

Tickets bought roll over to 2022.

My wedding is booked for Eskmills venue in Musselburgh for the end of May. Spoke to the girl at the venue this morning and she was "hopeful" they may be allowed 50 guests by then (the current tier 0 limit). Tempted to try and shift the date to later in the year but difficult to make a judgement call as to when. Then have to hope all the other companies we've paid deposits to (cake, florists etc) are able to accommodate the new date. In the grand scheme of things not that big a deal but a bit of a pisser for us! ?

My wedding is booked for Eskmills venue in Musselburgh for the end of May. Spoke to the girl at the venue this morning and she was "hopeful" they may be allowed 50 guests by then (the current tier 0 limit). Tempted to try and shift the date to later in the year but difficult to make a judgement call as to when. Then have to hope all the other companies we've paid deposits to (cake, florists etc) are able to accommodate the new date. In the grand scheme of things not that big a deal but a bit of a pisser for us! ?
I’d leave it until 2022 or 23. I’m not an anti vaxxer, and I’m going to get the jab once it’s my turn (might be deid before then mind you) but, the more I see and hear, I think civilisation is fucked in the short term.

I’d leave it until 2022 or 23. I’m not an anti vaxxer, and I’m going to get the jab once it’s my turn (might be deid before then mind you) but, the more I see and hear, I think civilisation is fucked in the short term.
You could be right. I mind last summer my missus asked if we should be worried this might affect our wedding. I laughed and said if it’s still an issue by the end of next May we’re fucked and would have bigger things to worry about ??‍♂️ ?

I agree wholeheartedl, life as we were living it has gone, 20,000 + crowds at ER will not be back for a while, next season we may see a phased return , 14000 max using all ends of the ground, ST holders only, no away fans, tell me I’m wrong Nd why, give me hope, I’m sinking.

I stopped shopping in my local store (Granton Road) a while ago as none of the staff wore masks at any time.
Really? When i go into work (as opposed to doin my stuff from home like this past week or so) I tend to stop at that one as it is nearest to the office and have never had that experience. (Although I did boycott it for about a year before all this due to making me sick by selling an out of date product - compensation was crap too £25 voucher!)

Sounds like they are very worried now

Interesting article from Vietnam, where Covid has been kept well under control

Really? When i go into work (as opposed to doin my stuff from home like this past week or so) I tend to stop at that one as it is nearest to the office and have never had that experience. (Although I did boycott it for about a year before all this due to making me sick by selling an out of date product - compensation was crap too £25 voucher!)

Might have upped their game. I asked them at the time (it was when masks became a legal requirement) and they claimed all staff had
medical reasons for not wearing a mask ?

I'm a petty bastard as you know, so I counted 10 customers, all wearing masks and pointed out the incredible correlation between being a member of staff and being unable to wear a mask.

77 known cases of South African variant in UK

Mr Hancock told the BBC's Andrew Marr there are 77 known cases of the COVID variant, first found in South Africa, in the UK.

These are all under close observation, and are connected with travel to and from the country.

Meanwhile, nine cases of the variant first found in Brazil in the UK.

There has been no community transmission of any of these cases

This thread has been viewed 319681 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back