• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Corona virus on its own thread.

The Bonfire of the Sanities is now upon us.

The ramifications for mental health are going to be catastrophic. One can only imagine how big that iceberg below the surface of us all will prove to be.
Cant stress the mental health implications enough.... luckily my part of the NHS has had Mental Health at the forefront for their staff. Theres weekly emails with information on better mental/support networks/encouraging peer to peer contact/warning signs etc etc.... I fully realise how luckily it is having this, and the vast majority have no such support; the elderly etc.... but at least the bigger institutions are doing something to support their staff eg work from home/frontline pandemic. Radge times.

SPOT ON. Its no the govs fault. It the peoples.
Jamie.....Johnson, Surgeon, Drakeford and Foster fuckin' lap what you say up. It saves them doing it.
A good look at what they have done or rather not done, since the beginning of 2020 is more relevant in my opinion.

They were all at the same starting line as Jacinda Ardern when starting pistol went off.

BIG G

Last edited:
Jamie.....Johnson, Surgeon, Drakeford and Foster fuckin' lap what you say up. It saves them doing it.
A good look at what they have done or rather not done, since the beginning of 2020 is more relevant in my opinion.

They were all at the same starting line as Jacinda Ardern when starting pistol went off.

BIG G
thats true. There has been some horrors from them all... the fuck you attitude of swathes of the general public have simply conpounded the situation (rather than them being the sole reason, and the politicians being let off scot free)@.

Forgive me if I have that wrong @Jamie

BIG G

Agreed. To a greater or lesser extent, most western governments have not performed well. Yeah, some people haven't helped but it's the overall strategy (or lack of, I should say) that really got us to this point.

BIG G
Nae bother amigo. No one else could do any of there jobs. If we dinnae as people do it ourselves then the queen of sheba couldnae do it.

Lap it up haha, we the people are causing this virus to still be here not boris, nicola or anyone else.

thats true. There has been some horrors from them all... the fuck you attitude of swathes of the general public have simply conpounded the situation (rather than them being the sole reason, and the politicians being let off scot free)@.

Forgive me if I have that wrong @Jamie
The reason that Britain has a lot of fuck everyone else politicians is that there is a lot of fuck everyone else voters putting them in power.

The reason that Britain has a lot of fuck everyone else politicians is that there is a lot of fuck everyone else voters putting them in power.
Right on cue:

Can I just clarify something here ?

I live on my own and so does my 87 year old dad. I get all his shopping for him, pay his bills etc as he can't get out and has poor mobility. In March till about July last year I was not allowed to go into his house to give him his things and basically look after him. I assume from todays statement that we are now back to this again ?
You are the mirror image of myself except replace dad with mum. I Calais myself as her cater and as such from day one I have been allowed into her house and will continue to do so, if I didn’t I don’t think she would survive a week.

So a full lockdown like March except.. meet a friend outside or in your garden, zoo's and outside attractions and gyms open, parks open, 15 under 12s and 2 adults can do sports and clubs, manufacturing and non essential factories open, trades and construction open, house removals , exercise unlimited times outside, universities fazed opening from Tuesday and thousands returning from all over the world to halls of residence and flats, don't travel abroad although we won't check and you'll sail in when you arrive in our airports

Apart from all that full lockdown because we're at a worse point that last year . Hardly New Zealand

So a full lockdown like March except.. meet a friend outside or in your garden, zoo's and outside attractions and gyms open, parks open, 15 under 12s and 2 adults can do sports and clubs, manufacturing and non essential factories open, trades and construction open, house removals , exercise unlimited times outside, universities fazed opening from Tuesday and thousands returning from all over the world to halls of residence and flats, don't travel abroad although we won't check and you'll sail in when you arrive in our airports

Apart from all that full lockdown because we're at a worse point that last year . Hardly New Zealand

In a nutshell. Grown up questions from grown up politicians, oh really, O'Reilly. You have provided a list of possible questions that grown up politicians should have asked/should ask. Ive stopped listening to the hot air eminating from the Gasworks in Edinburgh and London.

BIG G

BIG G

In fairness we have a better idea of when the virus is most likely to spread. The risk outdoors is low if social distancing is maintained so keeping parks, zoos, gardens open and allowing unlimited exercise etc. makes sense to minimise other harms.

I'm surprised to hear gyms and kids team sports are back as I thought they'd closed with tier 4 restrictions.

In fairness we have a better idea of when the virus is most likely to spread. The risk outdoors is low if social distancing is maintained so keeping parks, zoos, gardens open and allowing unlimited exercise etc. makes sense to minimise other harms.

I'm surprised to hear gyms and kids team sports are back as I thought they'd closed with tier 4 restrictions.
fair enough for gardens and zoos although it's easy for us to say as we aren't the cleaners or security there( the number 1 and 2 highest covid mortality jobs). What about factories trades and uni's (pollock halls will be party zone this weekend filled with lovely chaps from the se England)

Sounds to me like the Buffoon was softening up England for a lockdown to last until the end(ish) of March.

fair enough for gardens and zoos although it's easy for us to say as we aren't the cleaners or security there( the number 1 and 2 highest covid mortality jobs). What about factories trades and uni's (pollock halls will be party zone this weekend filled with lovely chaps from the se England)

Factories, trades etc. I'm totally with you, clearly the gov has traded off the working class to keep the economy moving.

Are the Unis going back? I presume most are going online but expect there will be full testing for anyone going back - seemed to work OK for Christmas.

They aren't

Brutal stuff but no really surprising as we have to many privileged people who feel these restrictions are not for them and spreading this horrible thing about.

Factories, trades etc. I'm totally with you, clearly the gov has traded off the working class to keep the economy moving.

Are the Unis going back? I presume most are going online but expect there will be full testing for anyone going back - seemed to work OK for Christmas.
Less than 10% of students took the test and not compulsory this time too. Students can go on campus from tomorrow to use study spaces and hand on classes. Pollock halls have went from 5% to 40% full on Sunday

Gyms have been closed for the last fortnight and all group exercise stopped months ago.

Can I just clarify something here ?

I live on my own and so does my 87 year old dad. I get all his shopping for him, pay his bills etc as he can't get out and has poor mobility. In March till about July last year I was not allowed to go into his house to give him his things and basically look after him. I assume from todays statement that we are now back to this again ?
Do what I'm doing.Move in with him an apply for Carers allowance.The state has no problem me doing this.

Sorry wasn't clear its outdoor gyms which I presume is they daft things in parks and pt sessions, youth sports still on on though, under 13s can have 15 people and 2 adults

Sorry wasn't clear its outdoor gyms which I presume is they daft things in parks and pt sessions, youth sports still on on though, under 13s can have 15 people and 2 adults
Ah, OK. I think it's all supposed to be physically distanced and outdoors although I can't imagine how that would work with a bunch of 7 year olds.

I know Spartans and probably others took the decision to stop until we're back to level 3.

Not sure many outdoor gyms really exist but from what I can gather you can do individual exercise or exercise within your bubble in parks or outdoor fitness areas, no outdoor boot camps, classes etc

If its a complete lockdown then my work give me time off to watch the wee man as the wife is a pharmacist.

If childcare is allowed like this he goes to both sets of grandparents and his auntie and uncle a day each during the week. Not really a lockdown if I still have to see family constantly. Wonder how many people with informal childcare are in the same boat.

Ah, OK. I think it's all supposed to be physically distanced and outdoors although I can't imagine how that would work with a bunch of 7 year olds.

I know Spartans and probably others took the decision to stop until we're back to level 3.

There will be usual follow up statement from SFA / sport scotland and other governing bodies in next day or so re under 12s sport, unlikely to be much on this month kids football wise anyway

BIG G

so we are in lockdown and not to leave our homes...except for exercise as many times a day as we like..and can meet one other person OUTDOORS ..talk about mixed messages

There will be usual follow up statement from SFA / sport scotland and other governing bodies in next day or so re under 12s sport, unlikely to be much on this month kids football wise anyway
Lochend and leith defo still playing. My mates lad just arrived at football camp at Lochend astro, says looks about 30 kids but they have the whole astro

Less than 10% of students took the test and not compulsory this time too. Students can go on campus from tomorrow to use study spaces and hand on classes. Pollock halls have went from 5% to 40% full on Sunday

Was that across Scotland? My two sons (on at Uni of Glasgow and one at Uni of Dundee) both took their two tests before coming home at Christmas and have had no correspondence about what to do when they go back.

Was that across Scotland? My two sons (on at Uni of Glasgow and one at Uni of Dundee) both took their two tests before coming home at Christmas and have had no correspondence about what to do when they go back.
No Edinburgh uni figures. There's a meeting at 11 between heads of the unis and Scottish government. I'll pm you if I hear anything, but it might be in the press or government statement before uni's find out

No Edinburgh uni figures. There's a meeting at 11 between heads of the unis and Scottish government. I'll pm you if I hear anything, but it might be in the press or government statement before uni's find out

I did wonder as I think uptake of the tests at other Uni's was much better? Lets be honest the majority of students do not need to return to Uni, but the kids want to be with their pals, not their boring auld parents and the Uni's want the accomodation income.

BIG G

Funeral in Glasgow on Friday, is that still OK to go to?

Life events (inc. weddings and funerals)
Wedding ceremonies and civil partnership registrations can take place with a maximum capacity of 5 people (including the couple, the witnesses and the person conducting the ceremony, 6 if an interpreter is required), provided the venue’s capacity allows for 2 metre physical distancing.
Funerals can take place with a maximum capacity of 20, provided the venue’s capacity allows for 2 metre physical distancing.
Wedding or civil partnership receptions and post funeral gatherings such as wakes and cannot take place.
You must maintain a safe distance of 2 metres between people not in your household or extended household.
Face coverings must be worn by those attending a wedding or civil partnership, except for the couple and the person conducting the ceremony. Face coverings do not need to be worn by the person leading a funeral service or by the person providing the eulogy.
Christenings, bar mitzvahs and other life events apart from weddings, civil partnerships or funerals should not take place.

Mrs Jackie was at a funeral recently.

The lead mourner will have made up a list of the 20 people with the funeral people.

If you're on the list I don't see why not, even if its in Glasgow.

Cheers guys on the list.

England’s CMO says restrictions could well return next winter, how fun ?

London declared a major incident.
1 in 30 London residents have have the virus

London declared a major incident.
1 in 30 London residents have have the virus
I think we're going to see similar everywhere to be honest.

Scotland has just recorded its worst figures of the pandemic.

Globally rates are soaring. I don't think it will be long (a week or so maybe) before we see the first 1,000,000* new cases in a day!

Probably around the same time we go through the 2,000,000* deaths barrier.

In other news there's a 3rd vaccine got the OK for the UK ... but it won't arrive in the country till the spring ?

Travellers to the UK will require a negative test before they get on the plane (or whatever). Good news ... about a year late!

* Officially recorded that is. I still have my doubts about many countries providing accurate data and other countries being able to provide it at all.

This thread has been viewed 320820 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50