• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Corona virus on its own thread.

All of Spain? Including Tenerife etc?

All of Spain? Including Tenerife etc?
The Canary Islands is exempt from the curfew due to its ‘good epidemiological data’, PM Sanchez said. Not sure about the other rules around travel though?

Spain has gone back down into lockdown.....

Confinement from 23:00-06:00 every night
•Set up for 15 days, but meant to last SIX months
•Travel between regions is prohibited (with certain exceptions)
•Social meetings restricted
I don't know why we've never had that here during the lockdown or even now.

With hospitality closed down why should folk be out and about at that time anyway? (With obvious exceptions.)

I don't know why we've never had that here during the lockdown or even now.

With hospitality closed down why should folk be out and about at that time anyway? (With obvious exceptions.)
Probs help wi crime figures tae, although I think if yer caught at 3 in the morning looking like the lone ranger in a striped jumper when there’s nae curfew, yer sure tae get pulled.

Contemptible parasitic gangsters.

BIG G

Contemptible parasitic gangsters.

BIG G
We've all known the torys have fleeced the public purse for decades but with coronavirus and Brexit this year has been exceptional even by their standards.

I can't wait for someone like Private Eye or even better (in terms of readership and following) The Times to catalogue and cost of the torys plundering of our money.

If not them Labour or the SNP and ram the message home at every opportunity at Westminster and in the media.

... and the police.

We've all known the torys have fleeced the public purse for decades but with coronavirus and Brexit this year has been exceptional even by their standards.

I can't wait for someone like Private Eye or even better (in terms of readership and following) The Times to catalogue and cost of the torys plundering of our money.

If not them Labour or the SNP and ram the message home at every opportunity at Westminster and in the media.

... and the police.
It's worth following Jolyon Maugham on Twitter for that. The stuff he's exposed already is incredible yet barely a peep is made of it in the media. Although he does say he's issuing his biggest story yet via press release tomorrow so maybe it'll get some attention.

He's unearthed the actual process they used to give contracts to their mates

El Spanish people in the Pais newspaper have a couple of good articles in their cyber rag about how the virus spreads.

The first article is how the virus spreads in 3 situations; the house, a bar and a classroom. Its an international virus, no reason to think its not the same or at least very similar here.

The second article takes 3 scenarios from around the world. "A crowded restaurant to celebrate the Chinese New Year; 100 workers infected inside a 19-story building [a call centre]; a group of devout Buddhists travelling by bus for a religious ceremony [a coach trip]." All have parallels around the world.

He's unearthed the actual process they used to give contracts to their mates

Thanks for that . I am not on Twitter or Facebook but keep us informed of what the guy comes up with. It is really no surprise that the billionaire MSM as silent on this matter. The same media that daily for years hounded Corbyn will be collectively pleasuring themselves today and for days to come (sic). If I were him and I had something showstopping to reveal I would be inclined to sit on it at present, as I suspect it's impact at this time would be lost.

BIG G

Thanks for that . I am not on Twitter or Facebook but keep us informed of what the guy comes up with. It is really no surprise that the billionaire MSM as silent on this matter. The same media that daily for years hounded Corbyn will be collectively pleasuring themselves today and for days to come (sic). If I were him and I had something showstopping to reveal I would be inclined to sit on it at present, as I suspect it's impact at this time would be lost.

BIG G
Is it coincidence that the Daily Mail has been set on him today? I wonder how they came to know about the, apparently vexatious, litigation.

Apparently a month down lockdown in England on the cards. Watching the wooden Swinnie yesterday. His personal feeling that things are improving did not come across as convincing. It then became the Jason Leitch show. They should stop kidding us on and sending out mixed messages , confusion, additional tiers and have a month lockdown too . The whole of the UK. Just my opinion.

BIG G

Im getting married on the 13th November.... really praying we dont lockdown again ?

Im getting married on the 13th November.... really praying we dont lockdown again ?

You're getting married on Friday the 13th.

OK.

Apparently a month down lockdown in England on the cards. Watching the wooden Swinnie yesterday. His personal feeling that things are improving did not come across as convincing. It then became the Jason Leitch show. They should stop kidding us on and sending out mixed messages , confusion, additional tiers and have a month lockdown too . The whole of the UK. Just my opinion.

BIG G
I'm a SNP supporter but am of the opinion they have fucked up, we should be in full lockdown as scientists have said that tier systems are not enough.

You're getting married on Friday the 13th.

OK.
?? yeah, its the future wifes 50th that day and from a birthday party it grew wings ?
Only been engaged for about 22 years ?

Last edited:
?? yeah, its the future wifes 50th that day and from a birthday party it grew wings ?
Only been engaged for about 22 years ?
I bet you go out and buy her birthday present and forget the anniversary in years to come

I bet you go out and buy her birthday present and forget the anniversary in years to come

I bet he only does that once.

I got divorced fae my first wife on Friday the 13th, 1981or 82. Not all bad luck mate ?

I'm a SNP supporter but am of the opinion they have fucked up, we should be in full lockdown as scientists have said that tier systems are not enough.
I don't think the SNP have fecked up. The stats in Scotland were very good till lockdown was eased and people started to move around again. There are hundreds of parties in Scotland being broken up by the police every week! Would a full lockdown be required in the islands of Scotland?

Estimated £7Billion to extend Furlough.....no dough for kids meals. I'm a bit slow, could you please run that past me again Boris.

BIG G

Estimated £7Billion to extend Furlough.....no dough for kids meals. I'm a bit slow, could you please run that past me again Boris.

BIG G
Aye its a feckin disgrace.

The devolved nations still not sure, because Westminster won't tell them, what the implications are re furlough and lockdown. Wales got telt te bolt when they asked when they went into 'full lockdown' last week. I'll bet we'll only get to share the repayments!

Still perhaps some of the cost of the scheme could be recouped with VAT being slapped on the cost of PPE - hospitals, care settings and our very own compulsory face masks being classed as a luxury item!

BIG G
Doesn't even tickle the baws of the trillions tax payers (those that need furlough) bailed the wanks out with.

Postcode checker for those in any doubt about what area they're in (doubt that applies to anyone here) and exactly what that means - from a fairly extensive drop down menu.

Postcode checker for those in any doubt about what area they're in (doubt that applies to anyone here) and exactly what that means - from a fairly extensive drop down menu.

Thank you, @Jack. Very helpful.

Had my case packed for a couple of days away............ that's it unpacked again. If only the changes had come in a couple of days later........ :cryy:

Had my case packed for a couple of days away........ that's it unpacked again. If only the changes had come in a couple of days later...... :cryy:
Supposed tae be away on Wednesday for wife’s birthday, managed tae get tae Newcastle last week but no happening this week. Ach well, it’s her birthday next year tae. ?

I've tried too make my way through the babble from Sturgeon, Gregor Smith and Jason Leitch but have not understood why they persevere with the tiered level approach and refuse to lockdown. There have been 50 deaths recorded in the past 24 hours, the most since May and the UK Government will finance furlough if they do lockdown. Does anyone know why not?

BIG G

I've tried too make my way through the babble from Sturgeon, Gregor Smith and Jason Leitch but have not understood why they persevere with the tiered level approach and refuse to lockdown. There have been 50 deaths recorded in the past 24 hours, the most since May and the UK Government will finance furlough if they do lockdown. Does anyone know why not?

BIG G
Probably because of the wide differences between the areas (local authorities) around Scotland. We've got the really awful stuff going on in the West and a negligible impact in some other places with the rest somewhere in between. It would be a bit unfair to shut the whole country because the West canny do what they're feckin telt!

If furlough wasn't available in future, which is looking increasingly unlikely, I'd be all for a nationwide lockdown now to really get the numbers down. If furlough is confirmed to be available, if needed, at some time in the future I'd rather persevere with the tiered system and keep as much of the country running as is possible. Tomorrow the failed banker will tell us whats possible.

Probably because of the wide differences between the areas (local authorities) around Scotland. We've got the really awful stuff going on in the West and a negligible impact in some other places with the rest somewhere in between. It would be a bit unfair to shut the whole country because the West canny do what they're feckin telt!

If furlough wasn't available in future, which is looking increasingly unlikely, I'd be all for a nationwide lockdown now to really get the numbers down. If furlough is confirmed to be available, if needed, at some time in the future I'd rather persevere with the tiered system and keep as much of the country running as is possible. Tomorrow the failed banker will tell us whats possible.
85% of Wales is agricultural, surely there must have been differences there too. The Wales wide firebreak lockdown comes to an end at 00:01 on Monday November 9.

BIG G

BIG G

I agree, time to shut the doors for a month, see if we can get ourselves straight a bit, as I expect Christmas to be mental.

I would say, some folk I know have really struggled mentally and financially on furlough, and have just come back. Getting stuck straight back on again might screw peoples mental health and pu tthem in deep financial difficulties.

I agree, time to shut the doors for a month, see if we can get ourselves straight a bit, as I expect Christmas to be mental.

I would say, some folk I know have really struggled mentally and financially on furlough, and have just come back. Getting stuck straight back on again might screw peoples mental health and pu tthem in deep financial difficulties.
My 86 year auld mother has not been out since March. Climbing the walls as she puts it.

BIG G

My 86 year auld mother has not been out since March. Climbing the walls as she puts it.

BIG G
Ditto, 13th March she locked herself in and has not put a foot over the door since, I do all her shopping and check up on her daily, I have noticed a sharp decline in her mental health, then again it maybe me that’s slipping cause she is really starting to wind me up.

Furlough extended until March 2021 although why (as if we didn't know) its taken so long to decide is another fuck up by the tory bastards. 10s of 1,000s of jobs will have already been lost and businesses folding because of their dithering.

After what I said yesterday I'm happy so see us stay on the tiered system. As a footy fan its good to see 300 fans are allowed in to the Ross County??? game tonight as the area is level 1.

The big test will be Christmas, for families, and hogmanay, for parties. After that will be the most likely time Scotland will need a full lockdown. Wull no be able tae help wursells.

Furlough extended until March 2021 although why (as if we didn't know) its taken so long to decide is another fuck up by the tory bastards.

Absolutely no reason in my opinion for Sturgeon and her Medical advisors to hold back from a lockdown now. 39 deaths today, reducing from 50 yesterday nor 300 teuchters watching their football team persuades me otherwise.

BIG G

Absolutely no reason in my opinion for Sturgeon and her Medical advisors to hold back from a lockdown now. 39 deaths today, reducing from 50 yesterday nor 300 teuchters watching their football team persuades me otherwise.

BIG G
I don’t think it’s as much to do with the number of deaths but as to how the SNHS has the capacity for the numbers of patients and how much intensive care is required. There’s been huge advances in the treatment and, while there’s still a lot of folk will die, a great many more are being effectively treated unlike at the start and the infection rate seems to be slowing as a result of the measures taken a few weeks ago.
I’m thinking that’s why we’re still holding off on full lockdown.

My son tells me his work have already made some men redundant, thank fuck apprentices are protected.

Ditto, 13th March she locked herself in and has not put a foot over the door since, I do all her shopping and check up on her daily, I have noticed a sharp decline in her mental health, then again it maybe me that’s slipping cause she is really starting to wind me up.
My mum at 89 in the same boat. I can't even persuade her to go for a walk with me. The most exercise she gets is doing the back garden and the weather has hardly been kind in that direction. Big birthday at the beginning of December and I can't see us going past the back garden.

My son tells me his work have already made some men redundant, thank fuck apprentices are protected.

We have made people redundant a my work too. It’s sickening.

BIG G
What is the point of a full lockdown in places in Scotland when they are already rated as low risk? Don't be so condescending towards teuchters. That remark reminds me of Old Firm fans comments towards other clubs.

This thread has been viewed 319726 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back