• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Corona virus on its own thread.

Not them and us-ing it, as she is an idiot and should stand down, but was a Tory MP not caught doing a similar thing but it has been pretty much ignored by all?

Think you may be eluding to this.....I am not defending this Tory MP, however Ferrier is on a different level from this chump or Cummings for that matter.

I watched Sturgeon implore Old Firm Supporters not to travel to Blackpool today. I don't even travel the 0.5 miles from home to Tesco in Duke street.
She said ' Don't try to bend the rules' , 'Let's all obey the letter and spirit of these rules, ' Don't act in a way that puts people at risk'.

My immediately thoughts went to Ferrier who by digging her heels in is not assisting Sturgeon in the slightest. She is suspended from the SNP, pending what one must ask?

BIG G

Brilliant.

BIG G

Think you may be eluding to this.....I am not defending this Tory MP, however Ferrier is on a different level from this chump or Cummings for that matter.

I watched Sturgeon implore Old Firm Supporters not to travel to Blackpool today. I don't even travel the 0.5 miles from home to Tesco in Duke street.
She said ' Don't try to bend the rules' , 'Let's all obey the letter and spirit of these rules, ' Don't act in a way that puts people at risk'.

My immediately thoughts went to Ferrier who by digging her heels in is not assisting Sturgeon in the slightest. She is suspended from the SNP, pending what one must ask?

BIG G

Expulsion I would expect?

Can you explain why she is different from Cummings? I would say they are both as bad as each other?

Expulsion I would expect?

Can you explain why she is different from Cummings? I would say they are both as bad as each other?

Anyone reading this does not have be a budding Jason Leitch to know how daft that question and conclusion is amigo.

BIG GP

Anyone reading this does not have be a budding Jason Leitch to know how daft that question and conclusion is amigo.

BIG GP

I cannae agree, both broke the rules, both travelled when they shouldn't have with coronavirus? Frankly a patronising response.

I cannae agree, both broke the rules, both travelled when they shouldn't have with coronavirus? Frankly a patronising response.

Frankly the position in law was.....

Was the initial relocation to Durham a breach of the guidelines if not the law?​

When Mr Cummings originally took his family to Durham to stay at a cottage on the family farm, the police view was that the law wasn't broken.

"Durham Constabulary does not consider that by locating himself at his father's premises, Mr Cummings committed an offence contrary to regulation 6 of the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020."

He broke the spirit of the law, without a doubt and was demanding his resignation on here. The MP was certainly a step above that having tested positive and knew it.

At the time I said....

Ian Blackford, the Scottish National party’s Westminster leader, said: “Dominic Cummings’ position is completely untenable – he must resign or be sacked.

Splendid

BIG G

No agenda for me. Ferrier has argued that Cummings actions were actually worse because she apologized and he did not and has not. Stone the Crows.

BIG G

Frankly the position in law was.....

Was the initial relocation to Durham a breach of the guidelines if not the law?​

When Mr Cummings originally took his family to Durham to stay at a cottage on the family farm, the police view was that the law wasn't broken.

"Durham Constabulary does not consider that by locating himself at his father's premises, Mr Cummings committed an offence contrary to regulation 6 of the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020."

He broke the spirit of the law, without a doubt and was demanding his resignation on here. The MP was certainly a step above that having tested positive and knew it.

At the time I said....

Ian Blackford, the Scottish National party’s Westminster leader, said: “Dominic Cummings’ position is completely untenable – he must resign or be sacked.

Splendid

BIG G

No agenda for me. Ferrier has argued that Cummings actions were actually worse because she apologized and he did not and has not. Stone the Crows.

BIG G

I am not arguing with you and you old Labour and unionist opinions and if you want to defend Dominic Cummings lead on McDuff, most of us up here find the Labour Party old or new irrelevant nowadays. Your response is disingenious, you know it.

I am not arguing with you and you old Labour and unionist opinions and if you want to defend Dominic Cummings lead on McDuff, most of us up here find the Labour Party old or new irrelevant nowadays. Your response is disingenious, you know it.

I am neither a Unionist nor Old Labour, nor defend Cummings. However will take your splendid advice and ' go fuck myself ' as you eloquently put it to me. I will do so on my terms as I'm too auld and long in the tooth to be arsed with such pleasantries .

GGTTH

BIG G

I am neither a Unionist nor Old Labour, nor defend Cummings. However will take your splendid advice and ' go fuck myself ' as you eloquently put it to me. I will do so on my terms as I'm too auld and long in the tooth to be arsed with such pleasantries .

GGTTH

BIG G

In your own wee myopic world.

Tories had since spring to prepare for what has now come and looks like they haven't prepared at all, thousands more deaths on the way because of there lack of leadership, scientists have told and warned them but they still don't listen because of party infighting, truly shocking.

For me she's much much worse than Cummings. He obviously should have went. It's a disgrace he didn't. He's a selfish prick who put at risk his own family.

She on the other hand said Cummings should resign. And hasn't herself. So she's a hypocrite. And she's a hypocrite who decided to put at risk many many others through her traveling and visiting of destinations knowing she was carrying.

She should go alone for giving her pathetic version to the fuckin Sun FFS.

Get her to fuck. Many like me heard for years about how Westminster is corrupt (it is) and how Scotland needs to leave. Are we to now just accept that in an independent Scotland we will continue with this acceptance of duplicity and hypocrisy as was experienced in Westminster. She's harming the independence cause.

And it's pathetic that she's not been expelled by the SNP.

Tories had since spring to prepare for what has now come and looks like they haven't prepared at all, thousands more deaths on the way because of there lack of leadership, scientists have told and warned them but they still don't listen because of party infighting, truly shocking.
They've had years to prepare but wouldn't. It's been said that the cost outweighed the risk.

It doesn't make a blind bit of difference to who's the wrongest ;-) but it should be borne in mind that Cummings could have been sacked by the torys and wasn't. The SNP was not in the position to sack the idiot.

Nothing is going to change, in either parliament, until MPs themselves vote to change it and there are no plans to do so.

I also know why @Smurf is wondering why she's not been bumped out the SNP. Although even that's a bit meh. As we've seen in the past folk getting chucked out parties invariably are allowed back in, some only to be chucked out again within the week!

I would suggest around the same time New Zealand did.

So two days after the UK went into lockdown.

Did you just Moaty me? As I said, around the same time as New Zealand?

Maybe the same stage would be a better way of putting it?

Greater Manchester being told by the UK government we'll do it (lockdown) with you or impose it.

Negotiations and discussions at its best.

... and apparently financial 'assistance' for the devolved nations depends on them implementing a very similar approach to the English tier system.

Disgraced SNP MP and still party member faces no further police action. Like that nonce MSP she will continue to cling onto her public purse.

Imagine if both of them were Tories....

Disgraced SNP MP and still party member faces no further police action. Like that nonce MSP she will continue to cling onto her public purse.

They are certainly behaving like them. I have to say I have seen no effort to defend them on here?

They are certainly behaving like them. I have to say I have seen no effort to defend them on here?
Very little condemnation as well mate. If both were Tories there would be much more. Have to say the calculated nonce MSP upsets me more than a dim half wit MP....

It certainly seems as though the police are taking it easy on high profile miscreants in England and in Scotland easier still on everyone! I read today there are some parts of France under a 9 or 10pm curfew. There's no excuse for being out after that time and 1,000s of police will be out fining naughty French people £150 or so if they are. In other countries there are barriers blocking roads. If you don't have a good enough excuse to pass you're sent back with a fine.

Talking of torys ... or not. My more enthusiastic independence friends on Facebook regularly compare Ferrier to a tory MP who apparently did almost exactly the same early doors in the crisis. Barely a mention anywhere.

Very little condemnation as well mate. If both were Tories there would be much more. Have to say the calculated nonce MSP upsets me more than a dim half wit MP....

I know I was critical of Ferrier on here, I think if she doesn't resign her position she should be 'sacked' from the party and told to stand down as an MP.

It certainly seems as though the police are taking it easy on high profile miscreants in England and in Scotland easier still on everyone! I read today there are some parts of France under a 9 or 10pm curfew. There's no excuse for being out after that time and 1,000s of police will be out fining naughty French people £150 or so if they are. In other countries there are barriers blocking roads. If you don't have a good enough excuse to pass you're sent back with a fine.

Talking of torys ... or not. My more enthusiastic independence friends on Facebook regularly compare Ferrier to a tory MP who apparently did almost exactly the same early doors in the crisis. Barely a mention anywhere.

I mentioned it above last night Jack and Big G and I duly bickered about it.

Its about a country standing on its own 2 feet. Its about a country where her population have a say in who runs the country.

That one politician here, or one there, being stupid, disingenious, breaking rules, whatever, does not negate the arguement that Scotland should not gorvern itself. ffs

If its acceptable to some of you that it is healthy for Scotland not to have a political say, then(imho) your entrenched unionist position and I respect your right to have it, but GTF wi the whos badder than who shite. The SNP would get voted the fuck out very sharpish post independence.... if the people wanted it at that time.

Every labour voter in Scotland is simply voting tory. Dress it all you want, thats the basic end result.

As a side, these people blatently taking the piss with Covid should be punted from their political party as soon as is practicable. There, job done, nae hysterics, they're oot. If any laws have been broken, then the police press charges.

I know I was critical of Ferrier on here, I think if she doesn't resign her position she should be 'sacked' from the party and told to stand down as an MP.

I mentioned it above last night Jack and Big G and I duly bickered about it.

Ah yes, a very brief mention indeed.

To continue the Ferrier saga ... The Independent have a piece about government people who have breached coronavirus regulations.

In brief;
  • Margaret Ferrier, SNP
  • Jeremy Corbyn, Labour
  • Stanley Johnson, if this arsehole had kept his cock in his trousers at the appropriate time we wouldn't have supersized arsehole Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson. God how we needed a Terminator!
  • Dominic Cummings, adviser not sacked
  • Professor Neil Ferguson, adviser sacked
  • Dr Catherine Calderwood, adviser sacked
  • Robert Jenrick, Housing, Communities and Local Government Secretary
  • Stephen Kinnock, Labour

Even the Independent forgot about Peter Gibson, Tory bastard for Darlington!

Having had a look at all the extra measures being implemented in other countries that are doing little or nothing to stem increased numbers the UKs pathetic restrictions and non compliance by many of the public suggests we're in for catastrophic few months ahead.

Having had a look at all the extra measures being implemented in other countries that are doing little or nothing to stem increased numbers the UKs pathetic restrictions and non compliance by many of the public suggests we're in for catastrophic few months ahead.

Was just thinking the same myself. It’s the equivalent of a one fingered man trying to plug 10 holes in the dyke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two week national lockdown for Wales announced starting from this Friday....

Wonder if Scotland will follow suit ?

6 weeks of the highest restrictions in Ireland.

Seems mad when places like Wales announce a full lockdown they wait another 4 days to start it. Surely if its that serious then everyday quicker could be better.

Sadly I can't see any of these short term measures working.

Did you just Moaty me? As I said, around the same time as New Zealand?
Dunno. I was trying to clarify what you meant. I'm not that invested thought tbh.

Maybe the same stage would be a better way of putting it?

I think that's implausible. NZ locked down just after Scotland and England because it had the benefit of seeing what was happening elsewhere. To do so at the same stage relative to the UK's first confirmed case you'd have been asking Scotland to go into lockdown a full two weeks before even Italy did.

Last edited:
I think that's implausible. NZ locked down just after Scotland and England because it had the benefit of seeing what was happening elsewhere. To do so at the same stage relative to the UK's first confirmed case you'd have been asking Scotland to go into lockdown a full two weeks before even Italy did.
Ah yes, the sainted Ahern and the just-amazingly-civilised NZ.

Where now a "new coronavirus law has been hastily passed, despite coming under fire for allowing police to search homes without a warrant", and where "a requirement that only police operate roadblocks was removed", because of course Covid justifies "community-led roadblocks".

Baffles me how supposedly left-leaning people stand by and actually applaud as the most basic civil liberties are ridden over roughshod in the service of biosecurity. Just let that sink in: warrantless searches and 'community-led' roadblocks.

But hey, what can you do? Gotta stay "safe".

Just let it run through the population and the strong will survive?

Ah yes, the sainted Ahern and the just-amazingly-civilised NZ.

Where now a "new coronavirus law has been hastily passed, despite coming under fire for allowing police to search homes without a warrant", and where "a requirement that only police operate roadblocks was removed", because of course Covid justifies "community-led roadblocks".

Baffles me how supposedly left-leaning people stand by and actually applaud as the most basic civil liberties are ridden over roughshod in the service of biosecurity. Just let that sink in: warrantless searches and 'community-led' roadblocks.

But hey, what can you do? Gotta stay "safe".
excellant post aggie.

Looks like only the folk “At risk” will be getting a vaccination

Looks like only the folk “At risk” will be getting a vaccination

No surprise there...and I agree with those most at risk and front line health workers getting the vaccine when it is ready.

As I have said all along we are going to have to learn to live with Covid-19 for evermore.

Viruses don't go away, nor can they be controlled or eradicated. They can only be managed.

A vaccine will help get normality back, but other things will also help hugely like a degree of population immunity.

I got mine too.

So totally fit super dudes who may be a wee bit long in the tooth are also included.

Anyone hear the cheeky bitch on the news today say “the elderly will be prioritised, that’s over 50’s....”

Fuckin hell. Really?
“Elderly” is folk twenty years older than me. At the very least. Always had been.

Over 50’s.....?

Fuck off dear.

No surprise there...and I agree with those most at risk and front line health workers getting the vaccine when it is ready.

As I have said all along we are going to have to learn to live with Covid-19 for evermore.

Viruses don't go away, nor can they be controlled or eradicated. They can only be managed.

A vaccine will help get normality back, but other things will also help hugely like a degree of population immunity.
.... which actually wont happen, as it is a virus.

Spain has gone back down into lockdown.....

•Confinement from 23:00-06:00 every night
•Set up for 15 days, but meant to last SIX months
•Travel between regions is prohibited (with certain exceptions)
•Social meetings restricted

This thread has been viewed 319739 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back