Corona virus on its own thread.

SlovSam

Bounce Radge
Well done England.???????✅.

Masks is the easiest way imaginable along with washing your mits that can protect yourself and others.

Maybe just maybe English exceptionalism that has cost them so many lives is beginning to break down.✅

That must have been hard fought as it goes against everything the right wing of the Conservative Party stand for but as with so many other decisions such as the initial lockdown or travel restrictions or track and trace and now masks they do seem to get there in the end.✅

Last edited:

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Bounce Radge
Dinnae understand why all they Loyalist pricks dinnae want tae wear them. Surely better than catching the virus?

SlovSam

Bounce Radge
View media item 454
Canada has shut its borders to USA?? to buy time to give USA a chance to get the virus under control.

Borders now shut within Australia states due to the outbreak in Victoria and New York state requiring 14 day quarantine from other parts of USA.

Border control is a crude method but a good short term defence.✅

SlovSam

Bounce Radge
View media item 462
England's 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 numbers still seem very poor😥 and their overall strategy seems to involve being content with a maneagable number of deaths as long as the economy reopens and personal freedom aren't resticted to much.

At least mask 😷 wearing is now belatedy mandatory.✅ but you still get the impression that English exceptionalism still lies below the surface as there was an anti mask demo and many cases of deliberate non compliance today.🤒

Last edited:

Rocky

Bounce Radge
View media item 462
England's 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 numbers still seem very poor😥 and their overall strategy seems to involve being content with a maneagable number of deaths as long as the economy reopens and personal freedom aren't resticted to much.

At least mask 😷 wearing is now belatedy mandatory.✅ but you still get the impression that English exceptionalism still lies below the surface as their was an anti mask demo and many cases of deliberate non compliance today.🤒
I really don't understand their strategy, nor do I get how it benefits their economy. I know the FM said our phase 3 will last a while, I think she's just waiting till schools go back, make sure there's no surge in infections, then get back on a path to more or less normality quite quickly after that. Pubs back to normal with a bit of extra hygiene measures, fitba grounds open etc. That's entirely doable if cases are low enough to be manage through Test and Protect. The English strategy seems to be to walk a knife edge with the risk the infections accelerate at any time. How's that better for the economy? It means running in second gear for a year or more while we're potentially motoring along normally.

GORDONSMITH7

**** The Hearts
Admin
People returning to England from Spain. 14 hours quarantine from 12am. Scotland will toddle behind soon I guess.

Of course the quarentine process is hopelessly flawed. We know it, they know it.

BIG G

Rocky

Bounce Radge
People returning to England from Spain. 14 hours quarantine from 12am. Scotland will toddle behind soon I guess.

Of course the quarentine process is hopelessly flawed. We know it, they know it.

BIG G
In what way is it hopelessly flawed?

Admin

BIG G
14 hours, 14 days amigo. Scotland immediatey done the same. Indeed we held back in opening the borders with Spain.

Last edited:

Jack

Bounce Radge
I would imagine, now that both governments have an agreed list (I think) we'll see this happening on a regular basis. Let's hope it's not too often and we start seeing a bit of stability.

GORDONSMITH7

**** The Hearts
Admin
In what way is it hopelessly flawed?
Let's compare and contrast.
New Zealand. From day one, back in March air borders closed. Only returning Nationals able to enter. 14 days quarantine in Government controlled hotels.

UK governments allowed hundreds of thousands of travellers to enter the UK with zero testing carried out. 4 months after NZ. Quarantining for 14 days intoduced on 8th July. Quarantine rules, give us an address where you will be isolating for 14 days. Of you go. We trust you to do the right thing.

BIG G

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Bounce Radge
It’s quite shite because where me and my daughter are meant to be going there has been 4 cases in a month and now I’ve got a serious bit of thinking to do,at this point flights and hotel are going ahead...

SlovSam

Bounce Radge
It’s quite shite because where me and my daughter are meant to be going there has been 4 cases in a month and now I’ve got a serious bit of thinking to do,at this point flights and hotel are going ahead...
If its Spain🇪🇸 you are traveling to then check every line of your travel insurance.

As soon as governments advise against non-esential travel then this may invalidate your travel insurance.

Spain is warning of a possible 2nd wave in one breath and in the next is saying outbreaks are all localised and being contained so very mixed message.

The last time around Spain extended all its internal restrictions throughout the whole country at 24 hours notice stranding thousands.😥

Tough choices.🤔😥

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Bounce Radge
If its Spain🇪🇸 you are traveling to then check every line of your travel insurance.

As soon as governments advise against non-esential travel then this may invalidate your travel insurance.

Spain is warning of a possible 2nd wave in one breath and in the next is saying outbreaks are all localised and being contained so very mixed message.

The last time around Spain extended all its internal restrictions throughout the whole country at 24 hours notice stranding thousands.😥

Tough choices.🤔😥
Yip,luckily I took the insurance out pre covid so should ok if my hotel decides to be nippy.
Im due to fly in 10 days so assuming the Gov won’t change guidance again in that time :lookaround:

Admin
Yip,luckily I took the insurance out pre covid so should ok if my hotel decides to be nippy.
Im due to fly in 10 days so assuming the Gov won’t change guidance again in that time :lookaround:
What part of Spain are you heading to M? Seems the recent increases are in Catalunya and Aragon? My mate who lives in Madrid was due to arrive here with his family this week, now looking at moving his flights. Last time he was heading back was the weekend of the St Johnstone game that was cancelled. His heed is birling!

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Bounce Radge
What part of Spain are you heading to M? Seems the recent increases are in Catalunya and Aragon? My mate who lives in Madrid was due to arrive here with his family this week, now looking at moving his flights. Last time he was heading back was the weekend of the St Johnstone game that was cancelled. His heed is birling!
Alicante,I’m happy to switch flights to next year tbh.
Always in the back of my mind this might happen and at least it wasn’t this week I was meant to be going...

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

Can you Help At All?
Goal
£107.00
Earned
£81.28
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

The Bounce is 19 Years Old