Corona virus on its own thread.

Rocky

Bounce Radge
Didn't see it BIG G but these air corridors concern me a bit. I mean who the F would let anyone from the UK (read England because it alone still has more deaths daily than the rest of Europe combined) in?

It isn't a bilateral agreement between countries, more a wish list for the UK (and the devolved nations now). Some of those listed won't let anyone in never mind the pox infested Brits. Some on the list don't have a commercial airport. In fact the Vatican City doesn't even have an airport!

If however you have a holiday booked to any of these places and you can't go because they won't let you in, or are likely be be quarantined on arrival its unlikely you'll be able to claim on your travel insurance because the UK says it's ok. (Source, Martin Lewis yesterday)
I thought the list announced today was specifically just a list of countries that people returning from wouldn't have to quarantine when they arrived back in this country?

Jack

Bounce Radge
While I'm having a wee rant did anyone see this. Another very lucrative contract awarded without tendering to a company that's got ties with the Torys and incidentally never sold a single item of PPE in its puff!

Government awards £252m PPE contract to private equity firm
Ayanda Capital Limited, owned through an offshore holding firm based in the tax haven of Mauritius, secured deal to supply an undisclosed number of face masks

Jack

Bounce Radge
I thought the list announced today was specifically just a list of countries that people returning from wouldn't have to quarantine when they arrived back in this country?
It is. But as I said some of them, like Australia (they wont even let anyone leave except in exceptional circumstances) you can't get to because their governments wont let us in never mind come back from and not quarantine. It's not a list of current holiday destinations as some are making out.

They'll all be ok at some time in the future, at the moment I don't think it means very much at all.

Jack

Bounce Radge
And another thing :3:

I hope no one missed that the government was going to tax those workers that were tested for covid and it was paid for through their work.

You'd have to have been quick as they did a U turn on it and changed their mind!

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
Bounce Radge
What a financial package realeased today

Yet again Westminster saving us from oblivion

Why would anyone ever want to leave ?

#55to45
A freebie?
Ya beauty!
Wonder where the Chancellor got the money from?

Gareth

Bounce Radge

#55to45
we could start with the heady combination of one of the worst death rates in the world and AND AND one of the worst economic impacts in the world. And that’s just some of the mess of the last few months

cleanyman

Bounce Radge
we could start with the heady combination of one of the worst death rates in the world and AND AND one of the worst economic impacts in the world. And that’s just some of the mess of the last few months
Nike conference

Packed football stadiums

Packed hydro

Scotland wouldn't have done anything differently.

We are diddies and always have been

Gareth

Bounce Radge
Nike conference

Packed football stadiums

Packed hydro

Scotland wouldn't have done anything differently.

We are diddies and always have been
deary me that’s desperate. I didn’t mention anything about the Scottish government. You implied that Westminster had been great, which is almost trumpian in its attempt to displace the truth, which is one of one unmitigated disaster after another, interspersed with contemptuous behaviour towards frontline staff, a do as i say attitude and blatant corruption. There are certainly diddies about who think this is all acceptable, but theyre on the wrong side of history.

GORDONSMITH7

**** The Hearts
Admin
deary me that’s desperate. I didn’t mention anything about the Scottish government. You implied that Westminster had been great, which is almost trumpian in its attempt to displace the truth, which is one of one unmitigated disaster after another, interspersed with contemptuous behaviour towards frontline staff, a do as i say attitude and blatant corruption. There are certainly diddies about who think this is all acceptable, but theyre on the wrong side of history.
Back in the real world......

BIG G

Jack

Bounce Radge

#55to45
What a joke. It's a prile of crap.

1. These tory bastards are paying half a meal or £10 over 12 days! Ten quid for half a meal? Where? I know the House of Commons restaurants are cheap, I didn't realise they were that cheap!

2. Astonishingly the head of the Inland Revenue has publicly described the job retention scheme as poor value for money and the reduction in VAT ineffective.

3. The Scottish Government bonus from yesterday's pish is less than 1% new money that could have been expected from the total announced.

At a time when the economy was previously on its knees a Labour Government introduced the NHS. In the following crises the Torys have bailed out the bankers through austerity, stealing money from the less well off to fund it, and now on the back of allowing a pandemic to sun amok through the population are buying the pudding.

You're not even a good troll.

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Bounce Radge
What a joke. It's a prile of crap.

1. These tory bastards are paying half a meal or £10 over 12 days! Ten quid for half a meal? Where? I know the House of Commons restaurants are cheap, I didn't realise they were that cheap!

2. Astonishingly the head of the Inland Revenue has publicly described the job retention scheme as poor value for money and the reduction in VAT ineffective.

3. The Scottish Government bonus from yesterday's pish is less than 1% new money that could have been expected from the total announced.

At a time when the economy was previously on its knees a Labour Government introduced the NHS. In the following crises the Torys have bailed out the bankers through austerity, stealing money from the less well off to fund it, and now on the back of allowing a pandemic to sun amok through the population are buying the pudding.

You're not even a good troll.
It gets worse

cleanyman

Bounce Radge
Moaning at getting a tenner aff your meal?

Guess you Edinburghers wanted 20?

Closet Tories imo

Greenmachine

Bounce Radge
Maybe i'm missing something. Scottish Government today announced pubs can open next week.
I thought they opened last week ? Folk sitting outside in beer gardens.

GORDONSMITH7

**** The Hearts
Admin
Maybe i'm missing something. Scottish Government today announced pubs can open next week.
I thought they opened last week ? Folk sitting outside in beer gardens.
Should be interesting to see what the crazies get up to on Friday and Saturday night in the Tam O' Shanter, Marksman, Central and Spey Lounge.

BIG G

Jack

Bounce Radge
Should be interesting to see what the crazies get up to on Friday and Saturday night in the Tam O' Shanter, Marksman, Central and Spey Lounge.

BIG G
I've been told that council officials have been round visiting pubs basically telling them what needs to happen to allow them to open. I'm assuming some sort of 'agreement' is reached and if the council returns and things are not as agreed they'll get shut down - that was the implication of what I was told. I also know of one bar that's been told it's not allowed to open.

paigntonhibby

Bounce Radge
So all the folk who have been relying on food banks to feed their family will get a tenner off when they are eating out.

Excellent.
Tae be fair Sir that is a wee bit like moaning that reducing the price o' fuel disnae help folk that cannae afford a car. If it helps tae keep pub and restaraunt staff in a job then shirley it's a bonus.

SlovSam

Bounce Radge
View media item 445
The Professor seems very downbeat today despite Scotland being virtually Covid free?.

Travel hubs mainly airport flights to a whole raft of countries reopen today and in England ??????? at least despite some decent recent progress the virus isn't yet under control.?.

Scotland's??????? achilles heel has always been its inability to protect the airports or the borders not with soldiers and barbed wire but with temperature guns, and form filling testers and tracers with the proper authority to question and turn back potentially risky travellers.

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

Can you Help At All?
Goal
£107.00
Earned
£61.24
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

The Bounce is 19 Years Old