Corona virus on its own thread.

SUPPORT THE SITE!
November Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £30.00

ILHTD

New radge
Just saw UK deaths from Covid are rising again. I thought the vaccines were meant to lessen the effect of the virus. Are these tragic deaths only amongst the unvaccinated or are the vaccines not really doing what they are supposed to?

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Just saw UK deaths from Covid are rising again. I thought the vaccines were meant to lessen the effect of the virus. Are these tragic deaths only amongst the unvaccinated or are the vaccines not really doing what they are supposed to?

I think part of the reason for the increase is as you say, there are still quite a number of people who are unvaccinated for whatever reason.

It's also because we as a country vaccinated our older and most vulnerable people earlier than most other countries, and therefore the effectiveness of vaccine is now waning. Hence the big push now for the boosters to be rolled out more quickly. There is also the likelihood that many people won't take the booster jag as they think they don't need it having been vaccinated twice and the country opening up with much of normality now restored. The governments of all nations have to ensure that their citizens are made aware of how important it is to get the booster jag.

The other reason is of course that we are now out of summer, worse weather meaning more people are indoors, more people are mixing together from different households. Covid-19 cases were always going to rise and with that hospitalisations and sadly deaths. This will probably get worse in the next few months. It is predictable however, and we have to be ready for it. The booster jag roll-out has to be quicker.

The most important announcement in the last few days however was not the usual and predictable dire predictions from the medical profession here in this country, but from the WHO who have said that the pandemic will likely go on well into 2022 so much longer than it needs to. This is due to the vaccines not being given to poorer nations of the world quickly enough. We really do have to take a step back and realise Covid-19 is a worldwide health crisis, and therefore it will need all nations of the world to work together to get it properly under control for evermore.

Last edited:

Admin

I have recently recovered from Covid. Personally if I had not been double jagged I expect I would have been hospitalised. So the vaccines are doing what they are designed for in my opinion.

Worth noting Greenmachine and yourself are referring to the UK. I suspect what you "saw" was England not the UK. England have pretty much dropped all rules around Covid, from social distancing through to mask wearing and returning to normal at work and public transport. Scotland, Wales and the North of Ireland have different rules and better compliance I suspect.

ILHTD

New radge
I think part of the reason for the increase is as you say, there are still quite a number of people who are unvaccinated for whatever reason.

It's also because we as a country vaccinated our older and most vulnerable people earlier than most other countries, and therefore the effectiveness of vaccine is now waning. Hence the big push now for the boosters to be rolled out more quickly. There is also the likelihood that many people won't take the booster jag as they think they don't need it having been vaccinated twice and the country opening up with much of normality now restored. The governments of all nations have to ensure that their citizens are made aware of how important it is to get the booster jag.

The other reason is of course that we are now out of summer, worse weather meaning more people are indoors, more people are mixing together from different households. Covid-19 cases were always going to rise and with that hospitalisations and sadly deaths. This will probably get worse in the next few months. It is predictable however, and we have to be ready for it. The booster jag roll-out has to be quicker.

The most important announcement in the last few days however was not the usual and predictable dire predictions from the medical profession here in this country, but from the WHO who have said that the pandemic will likely go on well into 2022 so much longer than it needs to. This is due to the vaccines not being given to poorer nations of the world quickly enough. We really do have to take step back and realise Covid-19 is worldwide crisis, and therefore it will need all nations of the world to work together to get it properly under control for evermore.
Thanks for that. I'm genuinely interested as Thailand for example is some way behind the UK re vaccine take up but it seems to be picking up speed now.
Do you see Covid joining the flu as something the population should have a booster for every year?

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Thanks for that. I'm genuinely interested as Thailand for example is some way behind the UK re vaccine take up but it seems to be picking up speed now.
Do you see Covid joining the flu as something the population should have a booster for every year?
I am no medical expert, but in answer to your question in my opinion....yes, for the over 50's and those with underlying health conditions.

The Family

Capital Radge
My wife has Covid for the second time, on the 7th day of her isolation I had to call an ambulance to my house, she stopped breathing, was freezing cold even though the bedroom was roasting, her oxygen levels and temperature was all over the place, she text me our bank details so I know how to get access to our money to sort things like the Mortgage etc. The young girl on 911 was absolutely amazing she stayed with me on the phone the whole time until they were actually in my house, they were here for just under an hour doing all sorts of tests, my little boy then asks me if his Mummy is going to die, I was trying to keep strong for us both but that honestly broke me. In reality I was bricking it as I thought i was actually going to lose her, she kept on drifting in and out struggling to breath, thankfully the tests then done brought her back round, Bouncers my Wife has been double jabbed and was diagnosed with Long Covid after the first time, please please please take this seriously and think of others when you are out and about 💚

davhfc

Well-Known Radge
My wife has Covid for the second time, on the 7th day of her isolation I had to call an ambulance to my house, she stopped breathing, was freezing cold even though the bedroom was roasting, her oxygen levels and temperature was all over the place, she text me our bank details so I know how to get access to our money to sort things like the Mortgage etc. The young girl on 911 was absolutely amazing she stayed with me on the phone the whole time until they were actually in my house, they were here for just under an hour doing all sorts of tests, my little boy then asks me if his Mummy is going to die, I was trying to keep strong for us both but that honestly broke me. In reality I was bricking it as I thought i was actually going to lose her, she kept on drifting in and out struggling to breath, thankfully the tests then done brought her back round, Bouncers my Wife has been double jabbed and was diagnosed with Long Covid after the first time, please please please take this seriously and think of others when you are out and about 💚
Hope everything works out for the best pal.

Admin

Jesus mate. How is she now?

The Family

Capital Radge
One if the lads that works with me stays down near you. Him, his Mrs and we 6 year old all been really no well with it this week.

My wife went to a Spa Day at Ribby Hall Village near Preston and they all came back with Covid, two of them are in hospital in a bad way.

Last edited:
Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here