Corona virus on its own thread.

SUPPORT THE SITE!
Sept Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £51.37

bigmanandy

Legendary Radge
Been noticing a lot of empty shelves and lack of certain products in shops like Tesco and Asda over the past months, why is this? Covid or Brexshit?

Jack

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Brexit. Lack of hgv drivers cause all fucked off hame
Not just drivers. Those pesky Europeans who did the jobs we couldn't/ wouldn't do have gone back to their own or other European countries to do these jobs.

From ONS February 2020*.
Main points for October to December 2019

There were an estimated 29.33 million UK nationals working in the UK, a record high and 227,000 more than a year earlier.

There were an estimated 2.31 million EU nationals working in the UK, 36,000 more than a year earlier.

There were an estimated 1.34 million non-EU nationals working in the UK, 49,000 more than a year earlier.

You can't take that number, or even a decent part of that number, out the workforce without it making a significant impact.

*No figures have been published since although they were probably due a couple of months after each quarter since then.

Davy

get off yer bum an sing radge
Surprised the government haven't offered to pay for people to get an HGV license..would help with unemployment rate too. But I suspect there will also be red tape with lorries abroad and how much time drivers can spend in Europe thoigh I dont know

bigmanandy

Legendary Radge
Circuit breaker being considered for coming weeks, going up the tiers again apparently, indoor gathering bans, sport arenas capped again and so on, just need to get on with life now, can't do this forever

JFP1302

Just A Radge
Circuit breaker being considered for coming weeks, going up the tiers again apparently, indoor gathering bans, sport arenas capped again and so on, just need to get on with life now, can't do this forever
They do any of that we will be living with restrictions forever. Businesses will suffer, football clubs will suffer , mental health will suffer

Hospital numbers are not out of control so I don't see a reason for it

bigmanandy

Legendary Radge
They do any of that we will be living with restrictions forever. Businesses will suffer, football clubs will suffer , mental health will suffer

Hospital numbers are not out of control so I don't see a reason for it
Exactly, we need to learn to live with it, Covid isn't just going to disappear, it will likely be here forever now, we don't know anything until we put the vaccine to the test so just get on with it I say.

Davy

get off yer bum an sing radge
Exactly, we need to learn to live with it, Covid isn't just going to disappear, it will likely be here forever now, we don't know anything until we put the vaccine to the test so just get on with it I say.
Exactly, if the double jag doesn't prevent people getting it then we have to live with it. There is a world of difference between mild and severe symptoms, the stats regarding infections does not tell the whole story, and if the worst cases are in people who refuse to get vaccinated then that is their choice, the rest should not have to suffer. I have had 2 call offs at work this week with either covid or self isolation, none are serious

Shawlands Hibs

New radge
Won't happen IMO.
I really hope not. The phrase 'circuit breaker' fills me with fear, given how last autumn's two week circuit breaker quickly turned into pretty much all out lockdown until this spring.

I'm with others on this. Folks who have done everything that's asked of them shouldn't be punished (and it feels like punishment) because of the actions of those who refuse to get vaccinated. If vaccine passports or whatever were brought in I dare say a lot who haven't bothered so far would soon be rushing to get jagged. That kind of thing should be considered first before shutting us all back up in our houses.

JFP1302

Just A Radge
I really hope not. The phrase 'circuit breaker' fills me with fear, given how last autumn's two week circuit breaker quickly turned into pretty much all out lockdown until this spring.

I'm with others on this. Folks who have done everything that's asked of them shouldn't be punished (and it feels like punishment) because of the actions of those who refuse to get vaccinated. If vaccine passports or whatever were brought in I dare say a lot who haven't bothered so far would soon be rushing to get jagged. That kind of thing should be considered first before shutting us all back up in our houses.
Agree.
Bring the passports in so that the ones that have decided to go get jagged to help get things back to normal can carry on doing so.

Anyone that doesn't want to get vaccinated thats their choice but don't punish us that have. Either get jagged or stay in the house

Smurf

Auld Enuff Tae Know Better This Radge
Labour shortages has sweet fuck all to do with Brexit. It's about shit wages and conditions. And these Islington type Guardian columnists yet again miss the point. Here's yet again another instance of these so called representatives and voices of the left from trade unions and Labour entirely missing the point. Get working class kids trained up and pay them a decent wage. But no fuck that eh. They'd rather uproot some family from elsewhere in Europe and celebrate that they're been paid a "Living wage".

paigntonhibby

Well-Known Radge
Brexit. Lack of hgv drivers cause all fucked off hame
Because hauliers wont pay decent wages and nobody , govt or employers will invest in decent facilities. They'd much rather have cheap east european drivers that are quite happy to work for fuck all, park up in laybys ( and get their diesel nicked), cook at the side of their lorries and shit in the bushes but I suppose it's just easier to blame brexit for all the worlds injustices

Jack

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Exactly, if the double jag doesn't prevent people getting it then we have to live with it. There is a world of difference between mild and severe symptoms, the stats regarding infections does not tell the whole story, and if the worst cases are in people who refuse to get vaccinated then that is their choice, the rest should not have to suffer. I have had 2 call offs at work this week with either covid or self isolation, none are serious
The unvaccinated filling up our hospitals means that those of us double jagged can't get in for our cancer treatments, hip replacements etc..

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here