Corona virus on its own thread.

SUPPORT THE SITE!
Sept Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £51.37

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Does the announcement today mean as from August 9th you can go into a boozer as before, go to the bar, order a couple of pints and move about ?...or are we still going to have to go through all the track and trace stuff, QR codes and all the rest of it. I won't be in a pub again until I can go as before.

C4MMY

Well-Known Radge
Does the announcement today mean as from August 9th you can go into a boozer as before, go to the bar, order a couple of pints and move about ?...or are we still going to have to go through all the track and trace stuff, QR codes and all the rest of it. I won't be in a pub again until I can go as before.
You can go bar etc but still need to do track and trace stuff

Greenmachine

You can go bar etc but still need to do track and trace stuff
Thanks.

My brother lives in West Yorkshire and he says hardly any pubs and restaurants down there do that now.

I will look back on my years going out for a few pints with fondness....didn't realise how lucky I was.

Last edited:

C4MMY

Well-Known Radge
Thanks.

My brother lives in West Yorkshire and he says hardly any pubs and restaurants there do that now.

I will look back on my years going out for a few pints with fondness....didn't realise how lucky I was.
I think track and trace will slowly disappear. Cant see how that could possibly work in nightclubs etc now they’re allowed to re-open. Cant possibly know who’s in and when

Jack

I think track and trace will slowly disappear. Cant see how that could possibly work in nightclubs etc now they’re allowed to re-open. Cant possibly know who’s in and when
I can't see the problem with night clubs, if they use Check in Scotland. Scan on the way in, takes seconds, and forget to check out until you want to check into the next place or next Tuesday 😉

To be fair you now get a notification after 2 hours which you can change if you want to 1 or 3 hours or off.

C4MMY

Well-Known Radge
I can't see the problem with night clubs, if they use Check in Scotland. Scan on the way in, takes seconds, and forget to check out until you want to check into the next place or next Tuesday 😉

To be fair you now get a notification after 2 hours which you can change if you want to 1 or 3 hours or off.
Aye but realistically can you imagine 18-30 scanning properly as they go in and actually filling the forms out, cause I can’t. It won’t work IMO. Even worse at 10 at night when they’ve all been drinking before getting to the nightclubs

bigmanandy

Legendary Radge
Cant see it working Derby day for example will be packing in pubs no chance they’ll go through everyone in pubs.

Jack

Aye but realistically can you imagine 18-30 scanning properly as they go in and actually filling the forms out, cause I can’t. It won’t work IMO. Even worse at 10 at night when they’ve all been drinking before getting to the nightclubs
Have you used Check in Scotland?

Your details are already in the app, you just scan the QR code, no forms. A couple of seconds and your done.

My wife and even 83 year old MIL can manage it in seconds. Not that they go to many night clubs these days!

C4MMY

Well-Known Radge
Have you used Check in Scotland?

Your details are already in the app, you just scan the QR code, no forms. A couple of seconds and your done.

My wife and even 83 year old MIL can manage it in seconds. Not that they go to many night clubs these days!
Aye being able to use it and not wanting to use it are 2 different things though. People going clubs etc are most likely not going to want to get track and traced and then have to isolate for 10’days or if they do I would be surprised if they bothered to self isolate

aggie

Justified Radge
The whole thing is just stupid now. A year and a half of this nonsense is already disproportionate relative to the actual impact of the virus itself.

Reactions: Zab

HaarlemShuffler

Coffee Shop Radge
The whole thing is just stupid now. A year and a half of this nonsense is already disproportionate relative to the actual impact of the virus itself.
I think it may be regarded by history as an oddly good thing as a dry run for a future, more deadly, pandemic. Look how quickly this 'mild' one spread and how many millions it killed.

And you know what they say (paraphrasing madly): only a fool repeats mistakes.

Greenmachine

Nightclub owners looking for clarity from the SG on facemasks....basically it's not viable for them to re-open if their customers have to wear facemasks when they are inside their premises.

aggie

Justified Radge
Over the course of the whole thing -- and I say this as an SNP voter -- the Scottish government's "only adults in the room" schtick has been absolutely insufferable, and the constant need to do things just a wee bit differently from England has been pathetic. Life is short, and I don't take kindly to wasting mine being infantilised by bureaucrats.

moathibby

Legendary Radge
With the delta variant you would need the double vaccinated to run at around 85% to safely lift restrictions,we are currently running at about 59% in Scotland.It's a crazy move that we are going to regret further down the line.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here