Corona virus on its own thread.

SUPPORT THE SITE!
Sept Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £51.37

Jack

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge

Greenmachine

Sorry, I find this deeply worrying. I'm totally against vaccine passports as they are discriminatory. Leaving aside the fact that that not everybody has a mobile phone ( old people, folk that just don't like them), What right does the state have to force you to disclose your own personal medical records in order for you to take part in basic things like going to football matches, concerts, nightclubs etc ? If this goes ahead, it won't just be temporary either, it will be for good. Can't believe there seems to be no opposition to this or fightback from Human Rights groups. This is what you get when one party has too much power and control for so long, and we have emergency legislation imposed on us which in reality is not emergency legislation as it has been extended for two years and possibly longer. We are heading for a two tier state and all over a virus which despite being dangerous to some and very contagious, most people are going to recover from.

Rocky

Well-Known Radge
Sorry, I find this deeply worrying. I'm totally against vaccine passports as they are discriminatory. Leaving aside the fact that that not everybody has a mobile phone ( old people, folk that just don't like them), What right does the state have to force you to disclose your own personal medical records in order for you to take part in basic things like going to football matches, concerts, nightclubs etc ? If this goes ahead, it won't just be temporary either, it will be for good. Can't believe there seems to be no opposition to this or fightback from Human Rights groups. This is what you get when one party has too much power and control for so long, and we have emergency legislation imposed on us which in reality is not emergency legislation as it has been extended for two years and possibly longer. We are heading for a two tier state and all over a virus which despite being dangerous to some and very contagious, most people are going to recover from.

That doesn't say you'll need it for football matches etc. The problem we have right now is foreign travel. Europe are using QR codes for entry to their countries and Scotland doesn't have that system although England does. So if you pitch up at immigration in Spain you're left in a position of trying to convince them to accept your Scottish paper version. It's not uncommon for countries to require confirmation of vaccination status before pernitting entry, obviously it's just become turbo charged due to the pandemic so a technology solution makes sense to me.

Don't get me wrong, there's obviously the possibility of that being extended to other things. I read the other day that you need to show a vaccination QR code to get into Rijeka's ground for example. Without this technology investment that would leave us a bit pumped for getting into the match unless we paid for an on the spot covid test (not that we're allowed anyway).

Jack

This is what you get when one party has too much power and control for so long
If Scotland was the only country doing it I'd probably agree. Fact is countries around the world are doing or have already done it and I suspect more will do the same.

JFP1302

Just A Radge
Big day today, surely can't be any other outcome than remaining restrictions being lifted .

Full House at ER 😍

Hattie

Donator
That doesn't say you'll need it for football matches etc. The problem we have right now is foreign travel. Europe are using QR codes for entry to their countries and Scotland doesn't have that system although England does. So if you pitch up at immigration in Spain you're left in a position of trying to convince them to accept your Scottish paper version. It's not uncommon for countries to require confirmation of vaccination status before pernitting entry, obviously it's just become turbo charged due to the pandemic so a technology solution makes sense to me.

Don't get me wrong, there's obviously the possibility of that being extended to other things. I read the other day that you need to show a vaccination QR code to get into Rijeka's ground for example. Without this technology investment that would leave us a bit pumped for getting into the match unless we paid for an on the spot covid test (not that we're allowed anyway).
Ive got a QR code for my vaccination certificate

Greenmachine

Big day today, surely can't be any other outcome than remaining restrictions being lifted .

Full House at ER 😍
They will keep some physical distancing for some indoor public areas and mandatory mask wearing in shops/supermarkets and indoor crowded areas....wrongly IMO, but I think they will keep that for another couple of months anyway. Everything else will and should be lifted.

Have to be different from England you see....

JFP1302

Just A Radge
They will keep some physical distancing for some indoor public areas and mandatory mask wearing in shops/supermarkets and indoor crowded areas....wrongly IMO, but I think they will keep that for another couple of months anyway. Everything else will and should be lifted.

Have to be different from England you see....
See the indoor and public transport thing i can kind of understand.
Football outside and being treated the way it has been is bonkers.

Like now Tuesday afternoon and still don't know the capacity or who come out the ballot for a game 2 days away not to even mention the league game on Sunday.

I just want to be in my own seat and enjoying my weekends again.

Let's be honest the 2 games I have already been to there has been zero social distancing motherwell I forgot to put my mask on when going in and wasn't until I left and it was in my pocket I remembered 😂

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here