Corona virus on its own thread.

SUPPORT THE SITE!
October Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £35.00

Doc Shrink

Retired Radge

If you take a look at the cases by neighbourhood on there it looks pretty bad around Whitburn and Blackburn (plus Breich Valley which I believe includes Addiewell). Not so bad across Livi way and fairly low in the north. I'm going to put a roadblock at Dechmont to keep youse Southern clarts oot!

Good to hear about the jag.
I think the care home in Whitburn took a sair yin.
My missus hasn’t had her jab yet.
Must be doing all the ugly fuckers first.

Jack

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Very soon we'll be moving away from vaccinating on mostly an age basis and shielding, 1 to 5 on the covid scale, and moving to those with underlying conditions, 6, and over 50s like me in group 7.

Its surprised me that roughly a third of the population are older than me!

Greenmachine

Dunno why she even bothered. If you've got fuckall to tell us other than "as you were for another two months", just shut the fuck up.
We are basically going to be following the same re-opening programme as England except we will be about a month behind them.

Last edited:

EA2007

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
March 15th self rule - do what the fuk you want in the comfort of your own - or friends and families - back garden within reason and without taking the piss.

that’ll be a year since this kicked off and we’re still expected to stay at home. GTF, that’s plenty.

Jack

Dunno why she even bothered. If you've got fuckall to tell us other than "as you were for another two months", just shut the fuck up.
I think TSG is required to report to parliament regularly. I can't remember if that's every Tuesday or a multiple thereof. Maybe its every Tuesday but every 3rd week must include a report on emergency measures i.e. lockdown. I think that was today hence the hype.

I'm a bit disappointed at the lack of progress out of lockdown but I suppose we're on the cusp of unknown territory, what will happen as far as community transmission is concerned as the vaccine rolls out.

The upcoming issue is moving from deaths to those smitten with long covid as it will be affecting the millions of under 50s while they're waiting on their jab. The going rate suggests 10% of those catching primary disease end up with it. On current figures that's around 400,000 in the UK. An extra drain on our already "underfunded" health services.

Rocky

Well-Known Radge
Must admit I found Sturgeon's update psychologically a bit tough as there's not much to look forward to in it. However I don't think there's any question that it's a much more adult approach than telling people what they want to hear whilst having your fingers crossed behind your back a la Johnson.

Just not sure I'm that keen on being an adult tbh.

Rocky

Well-Known Radge
I think TSG is required to report to parliament regularly. I can't remember if that's every Tuesday or a multiple thereof. Maybe its every Tuesday but every 3rd week must include a report on emergency measures i.e. lockdown. I think that was today hence the hype.

I'm a bit disappointed at the lack of progress out of lockdown but I suppose we're on the cusp of unknown territory, what will happen as far as community transmission is concerned as the vaccine rolls out.

The upcoming issue is moving from deaths to those smitten with long covid as it will be affecting the millions of under 50s while they're waiting on their jab. The going rate suggests 10% of those catching primary disease end up with it. On current figures that's around 400,000 in the UK. An extra drain on our already "underfunded" health services.
The long covid thing bothers me as I reckon we could see a huge number of cases in the unvaccinated groups as things open up and given that I'm self employed a 10% chance of being unable to work for an extended period isn't great odds.

The thing that worries me more is that huge numbers of cases creates lots more opportunity for vaccine resistant strains to emerge. If that was to set us back to square one that would be extremely difficult to deal with. Given that everything still sounds pretty pish till June under Johnson's plan anyway I'm starting to think that staying in near lockdown till everyone vaccinated in July with more or less guaranteed return to normality after that might be easier to cope with.

aggie

Justified Radge
I'm starting to think that staying in near lockdown till everyone vaccinated in July with more or less guaranteed return to normality after that might be easier to cope with.
Not for me. This until July and ... well, I don't want to think about what I'd do. Pretty sure I'm not alone in that.

Rocky

Well-Known Radge
Not for me. This until July and ... well, I don't want to think about what I'd do. Pretty sure I'm not alone in that.
I know what you mean but I can't bear the thought that we could open up in June, everything goes totally tits up, a new variant emerges, a new vaccine needs developed and we're back in this shite for another eighteen months.

If we could get to the stage of case numbers being low with some easing of restrictions (kids fitba back, meeting my folks in their garden, pints outside at cricket club etc) I'd take that till July if I was confident we'd be hunky dory after that.

Greenmachine

I am optimistic things will be more or less back to normal by July/August. It has to be really. The country cannot afford another national lockdown, that's why a more cautious approach is being taken now.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here